1194 messages Options
1 ... 31323334353637 ... 60
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The Golf Thread

D.B. Cooper
Yes.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Sno , go see Kevin Maginn the pro at Partridge Run in Canton.......great instructor , beautiful course , multiple tee boxes for all abilities AND a great DRIVING range . Kevin also coaches at SUNY Canton
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Warp has the answer
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Yea, I'd get a few lesson's as well Sno. Don't hit the course until you can hit it, go find it, and hit it again.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
TWSS!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
Would you recommend taking a lesson before playing a round?  The course in Potsdam has an instructor that can work with me.
absolutely yes
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
I am guessing you can take golf as an elective.  You should look into that in the spring.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Yeah it was.  If it missed it was going 20 feet past the cup.  I think I would rather go out drinking with the European team more than the US.  
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
No doubt!!! Those guys know how to party!!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by tjf1967
tjf1967 wrote
Yeah it was.  If it missed it was going 20 feet past the cup.  I think I would rather go out drinking with the European team more than the US.
Yeah, a lot easier to make that putt when it's all or nothing and you can just give it enough speed to blast through the break, not giving a shit if it goes 20 feet past.

I think the US still has some partiers (DJ, Bubba as a vice captain). Both teams would be fun to golf with or hang with.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
USA 4 - 0 EUR

Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
Especially if DJ brought his better half in that white outfit

Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Went to the driving range today but did not play a round.  The instructor was busy so I couldn't take a lesson.

I can make contact with a driver and hit the ball kind of far, but I have a really bad slice.  Even if I aim to the opposite direction it still doesn't end up where I want it to go.  I can hit the shorter irons pretty well, but I have a hard time not hitting the ground with the club.  I also practiced with the pitching wedge, which I can hit pretty well with.

They have a bunker that one can practice hitting out of, and surprisingly I'm pretty good at hitting out of there.  That should help because I know I'm going to put the ball in the bunker a lot.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Sno, have you ever considered climbing? I think it would suit some aspects of your personality.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by snoloco
The more you open up your stance to the left the more slice side spin you are going to put on the ball.  Chances are your grip is causing at least some of the problem.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Made another Eagle today.  Two Saturdays in a row.  Got to keep this streak going.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Played 18 holes at the Potsdam Country Club and hit a 110.  62 on the front 9 and 48 on the back with plenty of mulligans.  My short iron game is decent, but I'm not too good at hitting drivers or fairway woods.  Usually the ball goes off into the woods.  I want to take a lesson on Tuesday if I've got time to work on my swing.  Even though I suck the game is really fun.

I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Sno .....no mulligans , play honest , or don't play . Scores when you are learning are irrelevant , focus on grip , smoothness , no tension in ur arms , making sure you play the ball as it lies , and of course putting .. Putt ,putt putt until you are sick of it , practice appraoch shots , the idea is to be deadly with the SHORT game , you putt twice or more times as you use the big silly stick.  
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
1 ... 31323334353637 ... 60