1194 messages Options
1 ... 33343536373839 ... 60
Z
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The Golf Thread

Z
hole in ones tend to be luck for the most part.  Eagles usually require two perfectly played shots
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
You guys making all these eagles should move back to the Big Boy tee's
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
 shit at 73 with one and half legs I AM TAKING every freaking advantage i. Can get now ....loving them old frat tees !!!!!..    But its still ALL about the Shortgame
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
I play the blues at LP Club which are 6500+ on the links and 6000 on the Mt.  The Yellows are over 7000 and crazy long.  Golf is no fun from back there for me.  

Play it forward is the way to go!  Makes the game faster and more fun
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
In reply to this post by Z
Agree , aces are mostly luck . My bucket list has an Albatross on it. THAT puppy requires serious madskillz
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
hehe
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
When I played last weekend, I used the gold tees, one behind the "ladies' tee".  When I get better, I'll start playing from the white tees.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
FAll Golf is the BEST , Glad you are enjoying it SnO !!  ðŸ˜‘🤗🤗. Practice your putting and short game ,that is key .  Ck out opportunity to practice at least putting in  fieldhouse and  both approach shots on the playing fields on campus  . Dont get discouraged when you blow a shot .
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Just got some new clubs for the first time in 10 years. Cobra Fly Z irons with free fit and customization for $349. Seemed like a good deal to me. Went with the stiff shafts as usual. They flew nice when I hit the sweet spot (and straight even when I missed it).
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Cobra's  are  nice set of clubs , still use my Cobra ZL driver . My first irons were Cobra "clones " ,loved them and got my first ace with them .

Recently bought  a Callaway. XR 15 with sr shaft ( will use it with my aching legs rhis season until i can really pop my XL again ).  

I am in really nasty  Leg pain today.   i can hardly walk without the damn cane . Last nite i need the walker . Havent had to usi m thinkinge that since last fall. It may be a  bad reaction to Eliquis , muscle cramps have left me unable to use  my right leg . Will have to call both my  Ortho and Cardiologist on Tuesday to see if its a adverse reaction or god forbid something worse.

It is hard , this recovery has been a really difficult and nasty experience.

I am not sure if its muscle issue from the hip surgery last fall or adverse reaction to the drug given to me recently for the  
" A "flutter situation . Today and last nite have been very difficult .  And damn i played golf Tuesday and Thursday and worked out a little Wednesday and yesterday . Trying to stay positive

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Take er easy pard's --- don't push it --- kick back and have a beer or 8
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Thanks Camp , the Queen thinks ur right bout the brewskis , she has  been amazing all thru this crap . I am usually a tuff oldbird with a high pain threshold , but this sumbitch is a challege .

I will beat the bastige but  its taking a toll., guess im paying for all the times i played hurt in various sports . I always said nothing dumber than old jock 'cept  a box o rocks
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I seem to be having issues finding where I hit the ball, even if I hit a good shot.  Any advice?
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
After multiple tests including ultrasound , the hip and all tendons and muscles are fine . The hip inplant is fine , the bone is fine and the damnn psoas tendon that we thought was the issue , perhaps being impinged or too tight is also fine  

There also was no adverse reaction to Eliquis

BUT what is driving the ache and pain is just ONE  slightly inflamed lymph node in my groin . That can radiate and refer pain

I got a cortisone shot in the area so my mobility is improved ( that node was probabaly originally  initiated  5-6 yrs ago when i took a wicked biff at Tremblant when barreling down a run and hit a death cookie off a groomer and flew thru the air and landed really hard .and thought i had a pulled groin

The groin has hurt since that 5-6 yrs agao , it never went away and obviously has gotten agitated during this surgery and recovery and pt sine last fall .

The situation was exacerbated last friday when i pushed a heavy snowblow3r up a ramp into my garage .. So Monday i see a laproscopic surgeon monday to discuss options ranging from doing nothing , to getting periodic lube shots , to surgical removal .

Teh week it brought me to my knees was after 2 gym sessions, 2 rounds of. Golf and then doing my annual snowblower maintenence, i just fn overdid ...gotta get this beotch taking care of tiredof hurtin. Dammit . What really pisss me off was all those dam pt stretches just aggravated the shit out of that one lymph node is about an inch  by two tenths of an inch   . Hard to imagine that small thing can drive this ache
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by snoloco
It's very tough in the fall with all the leaves on the ground

I play a yellow ball in the summer but that doesn't work well in the fall

I tend to lose the ball from sight just before the apex and then just look where I think it's going to come down.  That won't work as well for you becuase you probably don't know where the ball is going at this point.
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
In reply to this post by Z
Coach Z wrote
hole in ones tend to be luck for the most part.  Eagles usually require two perfectly played shots
I heard the odds of getting a hole in one are 1:20,000.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
I seem to be having issues finding where I hit the ball, even if I hit a good shot.  Any advice?
If I lose track of it in the air I start to look more toward the ground and at something with contrast, e.g. a treeline, clubhouse.  From there it's ask and guess.  Almost inevitably it's not as far as I thought I hit it.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Becomes a feel issue.  Did I hit it solid or not.  If yes I know within in 5 yards of distance where to look.  Did I feel it pull or fade Which are my two Miss modes.  

Worst for me is hitting directly into the setting sun.  Just got to keep your head down and feel where it went. I play a lot after work so I've gotten much better at this.  
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Hitting into the sun is a real challenge and that is further complicated by leaf season . But as coach says you can feel a good hit .

As far as ball color , im not certain it really matters much . I use a cart so i can get out there quick and usually have little difficulty except in that bright sun on the horizon. If im hitting into that situation sometimes i will try a less lofted shot on the drive and keep it on a low trajectory

Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
My parents are retired and live South of Tucson in the high desert.  I spent last week out visiting and working half days from 6am to 10 am.  Could get used to that.  Played 4 rounds with my Dad.  Wanted to play more but one day the winds were gusting to 40 and it was not possible or at least pleasant a couple of days.  Drove the ball really well and really enjoyed my last rounds of the year.  My favorite course down there is Tubac where Tin Cup was filmed.  Great resort course that is in A+ condition.

1 ... 33343536373839 ... 60