Banned User

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Riding for fun and fitness out the back door

Adk Jeff
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
Like SBR says, every trail leads somewhere.  That hit home yesterday afternoon while running on a bunch of unmarked trails in the Cape Cod Natl Seashore near P-Town (we're on vacation this week).  When my wife asked if I had meant to be out as long as I was (an hour), I told her I was unintentionally exploring for longer than anticipated.  She responded "Oh, you got lost."  

Every trail leads somewhere has also been my motto exploring the K-P mountain biking trails at home, and I've been discovering / exploring new trails literally everytime I ride.  Since posting my report last month  I've found quite a bit more singletrack.  I snapped a few cell phone pics on my ride last Saturday morning, before we headed out to Cape Cod.

If anybody's interested in a "tour" let me know - it'd probably be easier to show than describe the options there.

Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Adk Jeff wrote
Like SBR says, every trail leads somewhere.  That hit home yesterday afternoon while running on a bunch of unmarked trails in the Cape Cod Natl Seashore near P-Town (we're on vacation this week).  When my wife asked if I had meant to be out as long as I was (an hour), I told her I was unintentionally exploring for longer than anticiapted.  She responded "Oh, you got lost."  
Blue Toes and Beth must be long lost sisters. I get that kind of reaction all the time.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Sick Bird Rider wrote
 Blue Toes and Beth must be long lost sisters. I get that kind of reaction all the time.
Maybe Blue Toes should join the Hiking Hotties.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
HLN just showed that Danny Macaskill video.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Rode a fun little loop by my parents' lakehouse over the weekend:

Full Report Here
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Matt, nice place to ride.

It's almost cold enough to snow and there is/are rain and thunderstorms in the Hinterlands. Time to think about Fat BIkes!

Oh, and if you are into bike maintenance (or actually, if you are not), check out this this blog:
http://yourbikehatesyou.blogspot.com/
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Haha .  . . Just saw that video somewhere else and I was going to post it for you SBR . . . You beat me to it by 6 days.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Never forget, young Padawan, that age and experience will always triumph over youthful exuberance.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Got a 1.5 hour ride in yesterday (Sat), before it started snowing again.  Skies were gray, temps in the 30s, conditions were wet leaves over mud (actually not too much mud) with pockets of Thursday night's snow.  In a word, it was awesome.  I think it was my third time out on my new bike, and I guess I'm getting more comfortable with the new ride.  We picked up another 2-3 inches of snow last night, and today its sunny and beautiful.  Hope to get out for another ride this afternoon.  Gonna order a light for some night riding too.

Crappy cell phone photo:  There's a trail somewhere under those leaves.
Reply | Threaded
|

First big ride of the season for SBR

Sick Bird Rider
Welcome back to Today's Ride! Let's see what happens on two wheels in 2012.

Now that I have more or less given up on skiing, it is time to bike. Other than a few short loops around the Dog Walk Trail, I had not ventured out for a longer ride until today. Following a nice morning hike with the dog, I spent the middle part of this beautiful day working on the dreaded tax return. It was definitely time to go for a ride. Fortunately, I had given my bike a bit of an overhaul and cleaning before sticking it in the garage for the winter, so I just hauled it out and started riding.

Despite the dry spell recently, there are still some big puddles on the trail. As you can see from the tracks, there are more ATV riders in these parts than bike riders.

Darn sledders went and built a new bridge over the creek. This bridge is at the bottom of a fun hill and you could ride right on to the the old version. Now, a full stop is required. Maybe it is a work in progress...

The ride was slow, due to a combination of soft conditions and soft rider. At this point, I was really jonesing for a fat bike. The tire in the background would float me right through this stuff.

All in all, a fine first ride on a lovely Good Friday.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Today's Ride

gorgonzola
This post was updated on .
conditions are rockin' down here in pa. had been a dustbowl for the last few weeks but we finally got some rain (while our western brethren were getting snow ) a few days ago to tack it up a bit
Reply | Threaded
|

bike fishing

Chris

Sorry, it wont let me rotate the photo.  This is from a short ride last night, inspired by fishing.  Strapped the ultralight ugly stick to my backpack and hit the trail.  Fished for under 2 hours, just worming and landed about 5 brookies, had another dozen or so, but didn't actually have to unhook them.   nothing larger than 5".  Better than nothing!

Anyway haven't been able to do a ton of riding lately.  2 Full time jobs can hinder that.  Rode SMBA a couple weeks ago, and I must say, what a GREAT place to ride.  Each time I ride there, and become more familiar with the place, the more I enjoy it.

Last week I got out on a pond using my float tube for the first time, got to the pond via a 2.5 mile mtn bike, which I thought was pretty unique.  It was quite th e experience mtn biking some rugged trails with a pack full of waders, float tube, fins and gear.  Only had one bite, but had lots of fun- will be back there soon.
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: bike fishing

Harvey
Administrator
Nice!  The Ugly Stick is my weapon of choice.  Sensitive and pretty much unbreakable.

Love the little brookie.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Harvey
Ted and I did a little riding up at SMBA yesterday. Here's some video:

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
mattchuck2 wrote
Ted and I did a little riding up at SMBA yesterday. Here's some video...
Love it.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
After some gardening , Blue Toes volunteered that she would join me on a bike ride. No pictures allowed but I did think she looked hot in the all-black cycling outfit. We had a pleasant, mellow ride on some pavement and gravel lanes. BT got her bike groove back and I entertained myself by pretending I was on a single-speed on the hills. The highlight for me was the moment of marital bliss while sharing the Camelbak tube: I actually instructed my wife to bite and suck.

We ended the ride with her passing me on the final stretch...
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
A few good runs on the newly manicured trails at Condor's house.

jumpin

jump2
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q

Just got back from a local ride about a mile from my house. There was nobody riding except me.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
^^^ That is one wild-looking bike. I can see rear suspension but is there front suspension?
1234567 ... 59