Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Today's Ride

JasonWx
<quote author="ScottyJack">
raisingarizona wrote
JasonWx wrote
everyone i passed on climbs , just laughed and said, they want one.. It's all about having fun and not causing anyone or anything harm..
 For the record I vote a hard No on ebikes and a softer but still hell No on wilderness

I particularly found this quote amusing

If I can be clear," one member wrote in an e-mail, "and in the strongest of terms, I sincerely hope that you sit down for lunch today and think about eating a pile of old dildos. While the potential of choking on a pile of old dildos may be scary, it does not even compare the to threat that ebikes pose to the crowded multi use trails of southern California."
IMO they pose zero threat..They just make climbing easier. You still get get a work out . On the downhill they are slower.
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
In reply to this post by Cunningstunts

After 5 days of rain, it felt good to be back on the bike.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
Was going to do something "epic" in Ellicottville tomorrow, but I think my legs are too shot.  I felt horrible today.  I hate having so many days off the bike, but between the weather and my schedule, there was not much I could do.

Trying to get excited about something tomorrow that won't kill me.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User

Steep bench cuts of Tryon north.  Dirt was pretty nice.

No riding today.  All the areas to the south and west of me got hit hard with rain this morning.  

Some of the worst fall weather in my recent memory.  I wouldn't be cryin' if it was lake effect snow comin' off of Erie instead of this rain.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User

A few scraps from the other day.

Wet again today. Hoping it dries out a little later.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Rode Okemo Mt bike park yesterday...
Lots of fun with 2 very long descents
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User

In the clouds.

Extremely slick.  This is the flats going into a long descent.  It was hairy.

Colors at Bristol after my ride.  Just starting up high.  Should be primo the next week or two.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
misting here for days ..so slick out
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
I hate to say this Jason, but it wasn't even fun, it was that slick.  It wasn't soft, just greasy as hell.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User

Yesterday was a rough day...
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I guess I don’t know what that’s supposed to look like cause I’d be happy with that. Any time my wheels leave the ground and I don’t endo, I’m happy
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
Brownski wrote
I guess I don’t know what that’s supposed to look like cause I’d be happy with that. Any time my wheels leave the ground and I don’t endo, I’m happy
Haha - thanks bud...

You try to shoot to fly off straight, not nose dive or drop the rear wheel too quick, land both wheels about the same time or slightly front first and not go off the trail.  Bouncing and bucking around when landing isn't preferable either.

It's hard to tell but I'm coming around a corner coming into that drop and then turning as I'm landing and coming down.  It's a switchback and goes 180deg total.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User

It's time to party like it's 2004! I threw on my original Hero today and got some "HD" footage. Sorry for the rattly bits and dark section - I had no way to fix it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User

A shorter section from last night.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
nice vid..
do you ride at night?

Chain has developed frozen links..Need to get a new before i can ride...riding park has put a real hurt'n on the bike
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Rode Elm Ridge near Windam over the weekend.  Pretty muddy but had to ride.  Red Clay everywhere.  Bermed up is the newest trail they put in and it is top notch.  Some pretty big hits in there.  One giant gapper that if you did not carry the speed you were going to be hurting.  Better to take one look and go.  Took three times cleaning the bike to get it back in shape.  18 miles 2300 vert.  Its graded perfectly you are never dying on the climbs.  Did I mention Bermed out.  Worth the trip.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
tjf1967 wrote
Rode Elm Ridge near Windam over the weekend.  Pretty muddy but had to ride.  Red Clay everywhere.  Bermed up is the newest trail they put in and it is top notch.  Some pretty big hits in there.  One giant gapper that if you did not carry the speed you were going to be hurting.  Better to take one look and go.  Took three times cleaning the bike to get it back in shape.  18 miles 2300 vert.  Its graded perfectly you are never dying on the climbs.  Did I mention Bermed out.  Worth the trip.
I've heard this place is REAL nice and have been dying to get out there.

Yes Jason, I do some night riding when I have to.

I wish I could have filmed those in the morning as the light on that aspect of the hill would have been better.  Maybe I'll redo if I get a chance before the end of bike season.  Had kid duties yesterday that prevented my morning ride.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User

Tried a chest mount today and a higher resolution. I think it looks a lot better.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
That looks like a lot of fun!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
non gimbaled video I think is best shot using a helmet mount.  your head kind of acts like a gimbal  
"Peace and Love"
1 ... 45464748495051 ... 59