Tremblant?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
15 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Tremblant?

Benny Profane
I have five tickets to that mountain on my Maxpass, never been. Is it worth the drive?

Compare it to other eastern mountains for me, so I have a point of reference. Also, how about Mt. St. Anne? What's that all about?
funny like a clown
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Tremblant?

Z
Tremblant is pretty much a French speaking version of Okemo.  It’s ok but nothing special and gets crazy crowded.

Go to Mt St Anne
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Tremblant is worth the drive , the ambiance, vibe  and the hill are fine,  avoid school break periods for both Quebec and Ontario provinces and you will be fine . skip St Annes ...boring . If you do that way DO Massif !
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
My brother and his family enjoyed Tremblant when they went in the spring.  They liked the mountain, although they don’t look for really difficult terrain.  They enjoyed the base village.  They definitely think it was worth the drive, and they are near Philly.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Benny Profane wrote
I have five tickets to that mountain on my Maxpass, never been. Is it worth the drive?

Compare it to other eastern mountains for me, so I have a point of reference. Also, how about Mt. St. Anne? What's that all about?
How many days are you thinking of spending in Quebec?  For me, going all the way up to Mt. St. Anne would only be worth it if I also spent a day in Quebec City.

Have only skied at Tremblant in early season.  Rather fun to ski 360 degrees.  Have friends who have season passes to Tremblant.  They are advanced skiers who enjoy the trees there when they are open.
sig
Reply | Threaded
|

sig
i'm looking to visit tremblant easter weekend. hoping for soft snow and lots of booze, so need accommodations walking distance to the village?  anyone ever stay at the condos that border the village? trying to get a sense of what the walk is like into the village. any info on accommodations would be appreciated.
Reply | Threaded
|

Hoser
In reply to this post by warp daddy
Doing massif for a day then eithe massif south or stoneham day 2 and planned st Anne for day 3.  Order depends on weather.  Why is st Anne boring?  Been there only once 15 year ago
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
I skied there once....I enjoyed it and had a fun day. Not the steepest skiing, but it was a nice mtn, and unique in that you can ski three faces of it. Village is a bit commercialized but we had a couple beers over there and grabbed some food one night and it was good.  Stayed one night in the village cause I had Marriott points, then spent a couple nights in a condo that I found on Groupon, located in "old Tremblant" which is a couple miles away from the resort village.  I liked that area, there were a couple ski shops and a few restaurants, generally quiet...but the area surrounding the outskirts of the resort is pretty nice.  Snowed the whole time which helped.  The drive up there from NY is cool...after you pass Montreal the highway you take most of the way to Tremblant has many small ski areas right off the highway, totally visible.

Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Saratogahalfday
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
I spent the long new years weekend there this year.  It's like Stratton, only on a larger scale and much more of an international vibe.  Nice ride that takes you over the village and right to the base area.  Plenty to do at the end of the day, I recommend eating in town if you want a real meal though.

The skiing was excellent when I was there, especially on the nord side.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Z
Yeah, if you don't like 20-something French women dancing on bars, a beautiful little town with great restaurants, and a good sized mountain with solid terrain, stay away from Mont Tremblant.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by Hoser
Hoser wrote
Doing massif for a day then eithe massif south or stoneham day 2 and planned st Anne for day 3.  Order depends on weather.  Why is st Anne boring?  Been there only once 15 year ago
Le Massif and Massif du Sud are my favorite eastern ski areas.. Nothing really wrong with St Ann..I just wasn't feeling it there..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Hoser
Really thinking sud has to be done.  Ideally Friday.  Tried last year end of feb but closed due to rain.  It didn’t used to rain in feb. especially in Quebec.   Any stone ham visits?  
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
We visited Tremblant last April and had a wonderful time. We stayed in the village and enjoyed walking to eat and drink. The skiing is a lot more interesting than Okemo. There were a lot of bump runs and there are some steeper runs on the North side (Expo, Cossack, Dynamite). The lift system is excellent. There are some flat spots and run outs.  The food on the mountain and in the village is excellent. There are also many restaurant choices within a short drive.

Another reason to go is $1US = $1.26CAN. You might be able to find some deals on lodging, especially if you can go midweek.

trip report:
http://forum.nyskiblog.com/Mont-Tremblant-4-12-to-4-14-2017-td4105697.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
We skied MSA and Tremblant last year and much preferred MSA. Tremblant felt like Disneyworld both from the fake village feel to the ridonkulous lines. We were at both places during holidays so I think they were similar samples. There was some fun tree skiing and one pod of the mountain had some legit advanced/expert terrain but overall Tremblant wasn't my cup of tea. I think the comparison to Stratton may be in the fake village feel. MSA does kind of have a little bit of the 80s feel (think K1 lodge) and there are power lines that cut through the lower part of the front and backside of the mountain but I found the terrain way more interesting and the skiers overall were better. I think MSA is primarily a day destination for season pass skiers from QC while Tremblant has many more destination once or twice a season skiers.

If you are looking for a combination of fun party/food/ski then stay in QC and do a few days at MSA and le massiff.
Reply | Threaded
|

Hoser
Thanks for the info.  Sounds like a day at MSA, Massif, and Massif du Sud.  Stoneham include in another trip maybe maybe not.  So many smaller unique areas up there to explore.