classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
43 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ADK Avalanche Warning issued

Snowballs
Banned User
Linger, you're a double talker. First, you start a thread on TRs, then you cried like a baby when people simply posted civil responses TO YOUR OWN QUESTION!!!

lingerlonger wrote
I never would have started an entire thread on such a stupid topic.
lingerlonger wrote
 I just know what I'd think about somebody who started a thread
lingerlonger wrote
  It was never meant to be a thread anyway.  

It was never meant to be a thread? You started that thread yourself! Did you miss that part or...
lingerlonger wrote
 or are you really this dense?
 Hehehe!!!! LMAO!!!

Then you have the nerve to say.....

lingerlonger wrote
 I submit our descriptive language has been debased and trivialized - at least in here.

Yea, debased and trivialized by you and your own comments. Read it....

lingerlonger wrote
 I just know what I'd think about somebody who started a thread
lingerlonger wrote
  It was never meant to be a thread anyway.  
Catching on yet Linger ? Need more proof ? Oh wait, here's more of your hypocrisy...

lingerlonger wrote
 I can't do this "Dance of the Imbeciles"
lingerlonger wrote
 or are you really this dense?
lingerlonger wrote
 but don't we retain at least a modicum of control over how we represent ourselves?
WHAT A JOKE!!!

Hypocrisy - is the state of pretending to have beliefs, opinions, virtues, feelings, qualities, or standards that one does not actually have. Hypocrisy involves the deception of others and is thus a kind of lie.

In the short time you've been here, you have revealed your true colors and who you serve.

In neither of these threads were you warranted. Nobody attacked you in the TR thread and yet you Boo Hoo'd like a little girl as if someone stepped on your doll.

Your personal attacks in this thread are COMPLETELY without justification. Nobody even directed a comment your way, yet you came out swinging.

What a freegin baby. A hypocrite. The evidence supporting this is all there in your very own writing, your very own words. Read it and weep.

Your total lack of character is .........." Epic " !!!
Reply | Threaded
|

lingerlonger
Banned User
Hey snowballs, I didn't start that as a thread - Harvey did.  He took a comment I  made on another thread and turned it into its own thread. Keep your mouth shut.
Reply | Threaded
|

lingerlonger
Banned User
In reply to this post by skimore
skimore wrote
 Care to share any photos of your day
 No.  Even if I took any, and I didn't, I wouldn't post them.  
skimore wrote
instead of spewing a bunch of garbage about a misinterpreted post? Hard to believe that post could get someone that worked up
Nothing was misinterpreted and I'm not worked up.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Snowballs
lingerlonger wrote
I never would have started an entire thread on such a stupid topic.
Snowballs... you would probably have no way of knowing this but I broke his post out from another thread.

The original thread is called "Posting Trip Reports" and it is in the Trip Report Forum. That thread is a sticky, and was really just a notice to ask people to include the name of the mountain and the date (including the year) in the year in the post title. (Good titles make the forum more "searchable.)

When lingerlonger posted his question about TRs, I thought the question was a good one and the responses were valuable and interesting. I decided to "break the thread out" into it's own separate thread.  In doing so I retitled it so there wouldn't be two threads with the same title.  I called it Trip Reports: Who Reads Them Anyway? It was a line (almost) directly from lingerlonger's original post.

In any case what LL is saying is that his comment was originally posted in a thread, not as it's own thread.  While I don't really see a big difference in the two situations, I made myself the owner of the thread.

Any way to get back to avalanches or snow or skiing? It's been a pretty good winter so far.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Michaeltokyo
Harvey44 wrote
Anyway to get back to avalanches or snow or skiing? It's been a pretty good winter so far.

Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Ok Linger, in light of what Harv added and in regard to what it applies to - I apologize.

As for the rest of it, I do not apologize!  
Reply | Threaded
|

Michaeltokyo
Snowballs wrote
Snowballs, try this smiley instead:

FYYFF
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Hehehe. I think I will.

Michaeltokyo wrote
Snowballs wrote
Snowballs, try this smiley instead:

FYYFF
Reply | Threaded
|

lingerlonger
Banned User
Snowballs wrote
Ok Linger, in light of what Harv added and in regard to what it applies to - I apologize.
Why?  I don't give a shit about the ramblings of some anonymous, internet blowhard.

Snowballs wrote
  There is no "rest of it".  Your entire rant was based upon a false premise.  

Reply | Threaded
|

lingerlonger
Banned User
skimore wrote
On thursday my buddy set off something that went to the ground about 50ft wide about 100ft long. I had some similiar on Saturday.
Could you elaborate on this please?  Where it occurred, slope angle, exposure, size of the crown, etc.  These are the types of details that might actually be of some use to quite a few people here.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Burgermeister
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

lingerlonger
Banned User
Slide will not be disclosed.  East by Northeast exposure.  started below 25 degs, top was closer to 45.  1 pit dug about 1/3 of the way up - maybe 35degs?.  Dug to the slab ~ 7-8' deep.  Significant windslab about 5"-8" down and then the NYE thaw/freeze layer about 3' below that. In between we saw some depth hoar (thin layer).  Rutschblock with the big fella in the group (wearing a large pack) and he only got it to move when he really jumped on it - broke at the faceted layer eventually - about 18-24" down.   There was no wind deposit at the top (which I found odd) Frankly there was very little snow at the top and what was there was slabby for the first 100 yards or so.  I was not the Avy science guru in the group but when she was satisfied, so was I.  Nobody heard or felt a thing on the way up or down.
Reply | Threaded
|

Burgermeister
CONTENTS DELETED
Reply | Threaded
|

lingerlonger
Banned User
<quote author="Burgermeister">
lingerlonger wrote
At least we know how qualified your opinion on snowpack evaluation is.
Actually, you don't know know shit.  

Burgermeister wrote
Was the avy science guru your guide?
Guide?  No.  Why?
Burgermeister wrote
I feel that one may carry a beacon/shovel/probe, but it is the knowledge they carry, and how they apply it, that will keep them out of an avalanche.
Wow!  How profound.

Burgermeister wrote
A slope can slide, especially known slide paths, even when the best experts think it's safe enough to ski. My ski partners and I will only ski a slope when we all feel very confident about it's stability. None of us wants to be the one that declares something safe, and then have it rip. It's too much responsibility for one alone to bear. Plus, having 2 or 3 come to the same conclusion is better than trusting 1. Who knows, that person you trust to make the decision about your life, may have powder fever.

A lot of people feel that not at least having a Level 1 Certification makes that person the choice as the guinea pig because you're not much else good to the group's decision making. Ever wonder why you always get first tracks?
God you assume a lot.

I have an Avy 1 Cert.  And I didn't get into the entire decision making process/conversation in my post; rest assured it was fairly lengthy with a good deal of give and take.  It was a group decision but I will often defer to those in the party who know more than me as long as what they are saying does not fly in the face of what knowledge I do possess.

Listen, you know you're just lookin' for reasons to come after me - that's why you asked me about 40 questions just because I said I'd been on a slide recently but asked very little from the dude who actually says he knows of TWO local avalanches in the past week.  TWO!  Why aren't you more interested in the conditions that surrounded those events?

Reply | Threaded
|

Burgermeister
CONTENTS DELETED
Reply | Threaded
|

lingerlonger
Banned User
What?  "Possessing knowledge and not applying it"?  Where the hell did that come from?  You're just making shit up.

And no need to apologize for coming after me.  I think it's funny.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Snowballs wrote
In the short time you've been here, you have revealed your true colors and who you serve.

In neither of these threads were you warranted. Nobody attacked you in the TR thread and yet you Boo Hoo'd like a little girl as if someone stepped on your doll.

Your personal attacks in this thread are COMPLETELY without justification. Nobody even directed a comment your way, yet you came out swinging.

What a freegin baby. A hypocrite. The evidence supporting this is all there in your very own writing, your very own words. Read it and weep.

Your total lack of character is .........." Epic " !!!
+1
Reply | Threaded
|

lingerlonger
Banned User
Where's Skimore?  'spose he got caught in one of those avalanches he's been seein' rippin' out left and right?
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt

Reply | Threaded
|

lingerlonger
Banned User
So you think he lied about that too, huh?