classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
56 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ATTN: TD in Maui.

Sick Bird Rider
Telemark Dave wrote
Traded the Naish 10'x33" Mana for a Surftech 9'-6"x 32" Baboa this morning.  Going to go back to the Mana tomorrow.  
Not enough tail rocker on the Balboa, and a touch low on volume - 155 or so liters vs. the 185 Mana.
Pretty easy to score waves here.  Even for a telemarker!
Nobody has any idea what you are talking about but it sure sounds like fun.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Sick Bird Rider wrote
Telemark Dave wrote
Traded the Naish 10'x33" Mana for a Surftech 9'-6"x 32" Baboa this morning.  Going to go back to the Mana tomorrow.  Not enough tail rocker on the Balboa, and a touch low on volume - 155 or so liters vs. the 185 Mana. Pretty easy to score waves here.  Even for a telemarker!
Nobody has any idea what you are talking about but it sure sounds like fun.
Well, long story short, I really need to be on a board that has side bites....
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave

"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
You should get your self on windsurfer or kite.. 
every time I'm on a SUP it feels like I'm drifting around on a bathroom door..  I would still give my left arm to drifting around in Maui..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
JasonWx wrote
You should get your self on windsurfer or kite.. every time I'm on a SUP it feels like I'm drifting around on a bathroom door..  I would still give my left arm to drifting around in Maui..
Not a lot of drifting, ya gotta work here, wind is either onshore or offshore, and turned up to 11.  Pretty much the epicenter of windsurfing and kiting, no need to watch EpicSesh TV when you can catch it live at Kanaha or Ho'okipa.

I'm sticking to surfing, only getting worked mildly, not beat down and crushed like would happen if I did some pole surfing.  And kiting?  I prefer watching and respecting.

TD
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Local grinds.. Spam Musubi!  

Slice of Spam on sushi rice wrapped in Nori.  
It tastes better than it smells.  But it's NOT Broke da mouth.

Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
^ I hope that is a really small plate. If not, that is the biggest loaf of sushi evah.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Standard size bread plate. Or in this case, Spam plate.  TD
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Aloha on the Honoapiilani Hwy today on our way to the West Side.  A local Kine guy lost his trailer load of coconut palm fronds etc. - right between two rock cuts.  Everyone stopped (had too..) and pitched in to clear the highway.  No big deal.  Typical Hawaiian attitude.  I stopped helping only long enough to take this pic.  

TD
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Still on the coconut palm frond topic... This one blew down overnight on the lawn of our condo.  Easily weighed 20 lbs, and the tree was about 60' tall.  Ouch! (Could have been...)

TD
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Looks like the Hawaiians are a very frondly people.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Food trucks are everywhere on Maui.  Da kine grinds too!  

Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Requisite sunset pic...Kamaole Beach 1 last night.  

Today is our last day on Maui, flying to Vangrouvy then Toronto tonight at 8.
Going to hang out on the North Shore today.  Maybe lunch upcountry and dinner in Paia.

TD
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Checked out Kite Beach (Kanaha) before heading to the airport.  It was firing...
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
...then went for pizza at The Flatbread Co. in Paia.  
This sign was in the washroom.  

Aloha.

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
TD looks like the trip has been great. And somehow I don't even hate you!

Thanks for the updates.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp