Annual Question - Why Doesn't Gore Have a Webcam?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
99 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Annual Question - Why Doesn't Gore Have a Webcam?

SnowSnake
I agree the lack of effort on updates during storms is extremely frustrating, add to that the lack of webcam, and it makes me irrationally angry .  Then again for a mountain that I have known and loved for so long it shouldn't surprise me that they continue to fail on some of the most basic ski mountain operations. Apparently I am insane since I keep going back again and again and again and expecting a different result!! Thankfully when the natural snow cooperates it is one hell of a mountain, otherwise I would have been gone long ago.  
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Just to pile on, I agree with both of the posts above.

It's so disappointing that the mountain is getting worse and worse (in certain ways) at a time when it should be getting better and better. Sorry if that was cryptic, but read into it how you want.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by evergreen
evergreen wrote
 I believe that a tiny amount of effort, 5 minutes tops a few times a day wouldn't be too much to ask for
It's not budgeted
Reply | Threaded
|

evergreen
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
Gore does have webcams on the Northwoods Lodge. They're not pointed at the mountain. Instead, they're used to keep an eye on employees during their cigarette breaks.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
Spongeworthy wrote
Gore does have webcams on the Northwoods Lodge. They're not pointed at the mountain. Instead, they're used to keep an eye on employees during their cigarette breaks.
Those cams were moved to the fake chair lift at the entrance gate by parking lot D last year. Of course both of these places are much more beneficial to the overall skier experience

Just to let you all know the skiing today was fantastic and it was not crowded at all. Topridge would have opened earlier than 10:30 if the powers that be had remembered that they tied the lift seats on TR3 up at the end of the season last year to keep them out of the sun. But alas Mt Disappointment lives up to it's name again, as it took the lifties 2 hours to untie them and free them from the ice lock that held them securely.
Once it was open it was the pick of the day with whales up the wazoo!
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Ummmmm...

Was it snowing?
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
Yup all day
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Raymo40
Tie the lift seats up and forget about it till they open the chair!  That's brilliant.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
IMO this is the kind of storm where a cam would drive skier visits.  The radar is borderline, raining all day in much of the capital district, but snowing at elevation.  I bet it'll happen.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
Harvey wrote
IMO this is the kind of storm where a cam would drive skier visits.  The radar is borderline, raining all day in much of the capital district, but snowing at elevation.  I bet it'll happen.
all ready have the locomotive ,silent picture show next?
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
And maybe some day talkies.
Reply | Threaded
|

TomCat
If gore has a web cam we'd have nothing to bitch about and the forum would dry up.

tom
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
TomCat wrote
If gore has a web cam we'd have nothing to bitch about and the forum would dry up.

tom
No way. We'd definitely find something else to bitch about.

I don't even mind the lack of webcam as long as they update the snow conditions, lifts, etc. there's been total silence from the mountain all day. When other mountains are posting stoke, giving updates, etc. (And seriously, if "the Internet is down", go into town and post from your phone. This shouldn't be hard.)
Reply | Threaded
|

TomCat
mattchuck2 wrote
TomCat wrote

tom
No way. We'd definitely find something else to bitch about.
When I'm wrong, I'm wrong
Reply | Threaded
|

dobermann
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
dont need no stinkin webcam- ya dont go ya dont know
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

dobermann
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

miker92
I've been spoiled living relatively close to Gore my entire life, knowing that I'm pretty much going to head up there no matter the conditions. I look at webcams more to fantasize about places I can't get to or would have to do ridiculous things to get to. Now that I'm living in a new place and it's my first season in a decade not owning a Gore pass, it strikes me that I'm more interested in checking a webcam there now. I think I've got the whole thing backwards.

It's interesting to me that so many people feel strongly about this, and it also amazes me how many of you make very long trips and big plans to ski Gore. Props to those who get after it that way, and may your dreams of a Gore virtual reality portal become reality.