35 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

August is....

Telemark Dave
Powder mag.

TD
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: August is....

campgottagopee
Only 12 weeks till deer season
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
12 weeks?  I almost got one last week.. Stupid F**k watched me from the ditch, I slowed almost to a stop, then it bolted... Bounced off my front bumper, got up and ran back.. Good thing it was a warm night, plastic gives waaaay better than when it's cold.  I sure hope more tags are issued this fall, there's a huge over population 'cause of the last two mild winters. .
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
...Tent Sale at Alpine Shop in Saratoga
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
recon missions

Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Nice stash Skimore...TD
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
some of the best trail ridding of the season!  

golden rods galore !  

corn on the cob X-traw-din-air!

maples changing

break out the sweatshirt season!!

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
ScottyJack wrote
some of the best trail ridding of the season!  

golden rods galore !  

corn on the cob X-traw-din-air!

maples changing

break out the sweatshirt season!!

I hope to get on my bike a lot more now that rafting is slowing down. Still haven't gotten to ride in the Wilmington area yet.
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
...Fixing things for a great 13-14 ski season...my summer is basically over but I can't wait to use my new toe
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Suds I'll give you twenty bucks if you go back to the single chair avatar.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
only for you Harv...the 20 bucks is not necessary, just share a growler with me on the deck this winter!
Drink good beer!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
sudsnbumps wrote
only for you Harv...the 20 bucks is not necessary, just share a growler with me on the deck this winter!
Drink good beer!
DONE DEAL.

I remember that day we skied together. Maybe we can do that again.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by Telemark Dave
when the negative nancys start posting on ski forumns in earnest,   complaining how they know more than anyone else and could do such a better job managing ski mtns.

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
In reply to this post by Telemark Dave
... Time to get ready for football season!!!

Go Giants (ok ... they're not going to go very far, but I can always dream).
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
when the negative nancys start posting on ski forumns in earnest,   complaining how they know more than anyone else and could do such a better job managing ski mtns.
When the negative Nancys start posting on ski forums in earnest, whining, complaining and making false accusations.

Whenever others post legit complaints or opinions, the negative Nancys make false accusations, accusing them of " complaining how they know more than anyone else and could do such a better job managing ski mtns.".

Such is their gender.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
if the skirt fits Snowballs don't be afraid to flaunt it.    
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
This post was updated on .
ScottyJack wrote
if the skirt fits Snowballs don't be afraid to flaunt it.    
Hey if that has been working for you knock yourself out. But you're wasting your time with me. I don't go that way.

Keep your flirty skirt tactics and your "open mouth " smilie for your other guy pals.
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
Looks like we hit that point where Summer has had it's fill...I will be losing both kids to College, can't do crap until the Doc says I can and Harvery Road posters are beating each other into submission...Smell that?

Opening day is right around the corner!

I just saw that Skiing Magazine is in PRINT again...too bad that Bonnier is running the show and alienated the former subscribers, so I no longer have a ski magazine (well once the subscription runs out to SKI this October...because they transferred my Skiing to Ski when they went digital...and I had been a Ski/Skiing subscriber since 1978).

I was in my ski room yesterday getting rid of stuff we don't need and looking for things I will need (first stop Alpine Tent Sale for poles) and asking my doctor today when I can try on my ski boots.

oh and less hops more malt...although I just bought Dogfishhead Indian Brown
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

ausable skier
Snowballs and I at least keep it real and suggest that just maybe orda is not always perfect.  There is so any things that other ski areas do better.  SJ and TJF have evidently never not had a powder day at WF.  TJF I think may work in marketing at WF because his snow reports are always way over stated.

Right now I'm super concerned about the the summit lift.  The word around here is that orda has not ordered a replacement motor yet. What the heck are they waiting for?  Call me a negative nancy but no one will be a happy camper if that lift does not run until spring.  Well maybe SJ will be happy since he likes to hike and he can have it to himself this way.
A true measure of a person's intelligence is how much they agree with you.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
ausable skier wrote
 Well maybe SJ will be happy since he likes to hike and he can have it to himself this way.
Word!
I ride with Crazy Horse!