classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
121 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Avatar Roll Call

marznc
Mine was taken at my home mountain, Massanutten in northern VA.  Was from the demo weekend Jan. 11-12, 2014 that also included a special Women's Clinic.  Big Sky and Alta stickers from trips taken in the last few years.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Mine was taken by my bro on Christmas Day, 2009.  Early afternoon, on the Lookout Hill in Huntsville, ON. Not much snow, and what there was was pretty crusty.  Coolest thing about the location is that it's inside town limits, in fact minutes from downtown.  
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

where's the snow
Cliffs trail Plattekill.  First to launch on a powder day, pic is of the landing in waist deep powder
Reply | Threaded
|

Thehof
Top of tucks late August
"No Falls=No Bslls
Reply | Threaded
|

Petronio
One of my favorite foods drinking one of my favorite beverages

Petronio
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Mine is at Bell. My youngest son's first time on a rope tow and a snowboard.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

evergreen
My son trying to decide if he was jumping into Corbett's couloir at Jackson Hole a few years ago.  He decided against it :)  Turns out the locals that have done it wait until the conditions are "right" which means a good snow year which "fills up the chute to the top."
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Some new avatars... want to hear about BRLKED's new one, among others.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Grillman
Mine was starting to ski down to the mid mountain lodge from the top of the Gondi at Whiteface.  Of course, i was concerned about saftey issues before I skied with such a device in my hand and a back pack on my back.  I arranged for Whiteface to put up orange fencing on both sides of the trail from the top down and had the mountain host keep anyone else from skiing on the trail.  unfortunately, there was man made snow and it might have had some ice, so it might not have been as safe as it should have been....on wait...I just skied it down....
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Grillman wrote
Mine was starting to ski down to the mid mountain lodge from the top of the Gondi at Whiteface.  Of course, i was concerned about saftey issues before I skied with such a device in my hand and a back pack on my back.  I arranged for Whiteface to put up orange fencing on both sides of the trail from the top down and had the mountain host keep anyone else from skiing on the trail.  unfortunately, there was man made snow and it might have had some ice, so it might not have been as safe as it should have been....on wait...I just skied it down....
My question is - lit or unlit?
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Grillman
me or the grill?
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
It's hard to see but that's the Hoback Tree around 2000. It was right on the Hoback River just south of Jackson. There was a platform about 50 feet up over a small deep hole in the river that we used to jump from. There was a tiny 2X4 wooden block higher up near the very top. It was sketchy! When it was windy you the tree rocked back and forth so much you had to wait and time it right so you wouldn't miss the pool below. It's a very crappy picture but it was the first thing that came up on my saved files.
Reply | Threaded
|

BRLKED
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Harvey
Snow Goddess Party. your neighbors, my sculpture. 2013
Reply | Threaded
|

I:)skiing
Harv gave me mine...a few weeks/months after he updated the site to allow them.   I was still a computer novice at the time.    It has since grown on me and I like it.  The curves of the turn seem to speak my name.  

Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Mine is from Citizen Kane.

Should be on everyone's movie list, but especially SnoLoco's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Rosebud.
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
My avatar is from a couple years ago, skiing the Perimeter Loop at Mount van Hoevenberg.  Warmup/ski test the day b4 the Lake Placid Loppet.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Just changed mine from that head shot to some powder tree skiing at Snowmass in 2013.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
Rocky on Hawkeye 5/18/14
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back