classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
325 messages Options
12345 ... 17
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Bark Eater Trail Alliance BETA!

ScottyJack
that's cool!  Adrian said you guys were a lot of fun.

next time up check out LeapOff Cycles in Keene Valley.  Mark sells Yetis and has some used bikes for sale.  You may also want to bring your bike in as he is an awesome wrench and brings life back to bikes many toss away.  

Leapoff is on Market Street just past the fire house.

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Pants
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
gorgonzola wrote
Nice - congratulations!

anybody around labor day weekend? just rsvp'd for a wedding in silver lake that saturday and hoping to make it over that way for a ride
Sunday or Monday would be good!  We can get a big crew and show you around..maybe a whole tour of wilmington!
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
sweet, i'll post up as we get closer and i figure out our travel plans.  probably headed home monday so sunday might work
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by Chris
Chris wrote
Really just fed up with dumping money into it.  You know anyone with a good full suspension XC rig up there that they're looking to part ways with?
LeapOff Cycles has a used in great condition FS Kona for sale.
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Good call stopping into Leapoff's!  Follow the advice from ole sage!  He will do you right!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
This post was updated on .
Scotty,
Had a great talk with Mark, later that afternoon I got offered a '11 GT Sanction 1.0 for a fair price.  I took it.  

I've haven't been this happy with a purchase in a long time.  Rode pine hill park today, the thing blows the xc comp out of the water all around.  climbs so efficiently, 6" of travel is just great.  

Hopefully we can make it up to Wilmington soon.
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
In reply to this post by Pants
Pants wrote
gorgonzola wrote
Nice - congratulations!

anybody around labor day weekend? just rsvp'd for a wedding in silver lake that saturday and hoping to make it over that way for a ride
Sunday or Monday would be good!  We can get a big crew and show you around..maybe a whole tour of wilmington!
 anyone around sunday? weather looking good although i may be partly cloudy after the wedding saturday...
Reply | Threaded
|

Pants
I took a dinger on the Poor mans downhill last weekend and cracked my kneecap open.  just stitches and a bad bone bruise, but a bummer as I am off the mtn bike circuit for a bit!  I am sure Scotty and others will show u around.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
ouch - bummer, hope ya heal up quick. scotty or anyone anyone else around post up or give a shout 6109724327, will try to check in on the phart smone at some point. tentative plan looks like maybe hardy rd late sunday morning/midday than family stuff in the pm of course all subject to change...

any more current maps, preferred direction to ride, gps tracks etc for hardy?
found this so far
http://www.whitefaceregion.com/files/public/BeaverBrookTrailSystem.pdf
Reply | Threaded
|

Pants
you can try the beta website.  but have to pay membership.  There is a new trail over 700 vert on the otherside that isnt on this map.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
i saw that, $35 beans is pretty steep (when your cheap!). make right or lefts/ clockwise or counter clock wise works for me?!?!?
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
You cant get lost over there.  Well you can but you will figure it out with in 20 minutes.   All the trails are marked.  Its fun easy riding.  
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Upper east side loop is now open!  We made our first decent last night during another fun Hardy Hour!  

Some visitors who regularly ride in the kingdom remarked, "this climb blows away anything in the kingdom and the downhill  was crazy fun."

I love it when a plan comes together!  

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
The Big Wink RULES!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
woke up sunday morning in no shape to ride after saturday nights festivities but said eff it and went for it anyways.
i left a message for k but never hooked up - probably just as well as i was in sloooow mo anyway.

started out on the west side and did the outside loops cw - of course realizing there was much better flow ccw. did it again the other direction and had a ball! climbs way better and flows and rocks roll sweet, trails were in great shape, smooth tread and some cool rock features. some nice views and very interesting ripping through the pines and catching the straight line of the cultivated forest out of the peripherals.  

hit the east side loop then across the rock damn and up, and up, and up.... made it an out and back, turned around when the trail seemed new and not quite ridden in as it was getting late and i needed to meet the family at lake clear. fast fun downhill, with lots of fun little launches. big drops looked well laid out and built for those with the cajones to roll 'em - not for me (at least in my sorry state).

will definitely hit it again with junior whenever we make it up again. ended up with a little over 8 miles on a beautiful morning, crashed on the beach, then sipped some homemade wine under the moon and stars with the cousins - pretty much a perfect 'daks day in my book (and the second one in a row to boot)!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Nice!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
gorgonzola wrote
woke up sunday morning in no shape to ride after saturday nights festivities but said eff it and went for it anyways.
i left a message for k but never hooked up - probably just as well as i was in sloooow mo anyway.

started out on the west side and did the outside loops cw - of course realizing there was much better flow ccw. did it again the other direction and had a ball! climbs way better and flows and rocks roll sweet, trails were in great shape, smooth tread and some cool rock features. some nice views and very interesting ripping through the pines and catching the straight line of the cultivated forest out of the peripherals.  

hit the east side loop then across the rock damn and up, and up, and up.... made it an out and back, turned around when the trail seemed new and not quite ridden in as it was getting late and i needed to meet the family at lake clear. fast fun downhill, with lots of fun little launches. big drops looked well laid out and built for those with the cajones to roll 'em - not for me (at least in my sorry state).

will definitely hit it again with junior whenever we make it up again. ended up with a little over 8 miles on a beautiful morning, crashed on the beach, then sipped some homemade wine under the moon and stars with the cousins - pretty much a perfect 'daks day in my book (and the second one in a row to boot)!
Nice job Gor...so you say Scottie does good work, amazing.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
foose the ball campy, foose the ball!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
it's on your side, you foose it
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
how cool would some GoPro footage of foose be?  I'm thinking real cool!!!!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
12345 ... 17