47 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Best Place to go Christmas Day?

snoloco
Glade Runner wrote
If only your post count was dependant on your ski day count.  LOL
So you mean to limit posts based on how many days you have skied?  More skiing = a greater post allowance?
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Yea that's what I was saying.  lol
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
So how many posts per ski day?  You reading this Harv?  
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
This obsession with number of ski days on this forum is pretty lame. I mean, if you are going out skiing just to rack up the numbers of days to prove how core you are you are probably not very core at all. In fact you may be a poseur. Whatever, I love skiing but I don't care to go all of the time. I get bored with it. I have even gotten bored skiing off the JXN tram during a 600 inch winter. Sometimes I wish I wasn't like this but I am. It does keep me doing different things and having fresh experiences. Sometimes I look at the die hards skiing every day no matter what at their home mountain and I sort of feel like it's sad that it's all they do. Of course tho if they feel content with it it's not sad at all, it's great and that's where I envy them a little.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
raisingarizona wrote
This obsession with number of ski days on this forum is pretty lame. I mean, if you are going out skiing just to rack up the numbers of days to prove how core you are you are probably not very core at all. In fact you may be a poseur. Whatever, I love skiing but I don't care to go all of the time. I get bored with it. I have even gotten bored skiing off the JXN tram during a 600 inch winter. Sometimes I wish I wasn't like this but I am. It does keep me doing different things and having fresh experiences. Sometimes I look at the die hards skiing every day no matter what at their home mountain and I sort of feel like it's sad that it's all they do. Of course tho if they feel content with it it's not sad at all, it's great and that's where I envy them a little.
I am liking the cut of your jib.
Not only could I give a shit about the number of ski days, I also don't give a shit about what you have skied. I go where the snow is good, if that's low angle terrain then that's what's best. I'll save the steep when it's deep. I was out at Alta last March with my Grand daughter, she desperately wants to ski the main Baldy chute, but for me it was not right, they had a stretch of no snow and warmer temps. It was open, but I was not feeling the love. Mineral Basin was much more inviting.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
PeeTex wrote
raisingarizona wrote
I am liking the cut of your jib.
Not only could I give a shit about the number of ski days, I also don't give a shit about what you have skied. I go where the snow is good, if that's low angle terrain then that's what's best. I'll save the steep when it's deep. I was out at Alta last March with my Grand daughter, she desperately wants to ski the main Baldy chute, but for me it was not right, they had a stretch of no snow and warmer temps. It was open, but I was not feeling the love. Mineral Basin was much more inviting.
+1 Can't believe I'm agreeing with pee
14-15 Season:

11-22 Snow Ridge (opening day 35")          1-7 Snow Ridge (10")
11-28 Grand targhee                                  1-8 Telluride(12 inches)
11-30 jackson hole(10 inches)                      1-9 Whistler(12 inches)
                                                                  1-11 mt bactchelor(20 inches)
12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-10 Whistler(20 inches)
12-12 Whistler helisking(bottomless)
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-18 Kirkwood(50 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
12-22 Grand targhee(40 inches)
12-26 jackson hole(26 inches)
12-28 Chugatch backcountry(bottomless powder)
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
In reply to this post by PeeTex
Hell yea you go where the snow sends you.  I try to do that the best I can.