Best pizza in the 5 boroughs

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
72 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Best pizza in the 5 boroughs

Brownski
Work had me in in Riverdale today so guess what...

No, it did not all make it back home intact....

Neither did my sweater- small price to pay....

"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Ha!  There’s always a slice missing from the box before the pie gets home when I’m picking up!

The best thing about our fave Italian take out....they don’t drop the calamari until you get there.  It’s soooo good fresh and hot in the car!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Bubble slices yea or nay?
Reply | Threaded
|

Hoser
Yea!
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Pizza is all about the crust. The best time crust I have ever had was in place in Virginia. They closed over 20 years ago, last I was there it was a mexican resturant.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by Hoser
Yeah, I’m got the bubble too but I usually let my wife have it. That’s the biggest one I’ve seen in a while. Pee Tex, I’m not sure how to respond. I agree the crust is very important but it’s hard to believe the VA pizza is world class. Maybe I’m being prejudiced. What’s your favorite around here? Have you ever tried a real NYC slice? I’m just trying to relate.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
Never had a true NYC slice, but my favorite places were a place called Grecos in Old Forge (Greco could make a mean pie) and some other place right outside the commons in Ithaca.  Greco is still floating around up there, but he's had some troubles.  His original place was the best.

My BIL is a Long Islander and really identifies with the NYC pie.  If he approves of a pie up here, I know it must be good.  Although, if I'm honest, he's liked a few that I haven't, so I also think he's not that picky.
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
It's definitely between some NYC slices Brownski identifies with and Pepe's of New Haven. Which, isn't technically a slice place, but the pizza is in a class by itself.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by Brownski
I don’t go to the City but have had pizza from Newburgh to Albany that claim NYC originality. None were anything to brag about.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I understand a lot of upstaters’ aversion to the city. Broadway Joes is as accessible as it gets in the five boroughs though, if you’re ever down this way and want to try the real thing. I 87 south  to the van cortlandt park exit and a couple of turns. You could get your pizza and be back in Yonkers in 10 minutes
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottySkis1
3 boys from Italy used to be in the Bronx.
Burke ave and White Plains rd.best pizza and everything cheap.  Delicious stayed open to 4 am stayed open to 4 am everyday to fire took it almost a decade ago.
I had Domino today
Chicken wings good. Pizza medium pie with peporio pie was ok have not had. Domino in probably 10 years probably another 10 year s before I have it again. Brownie cookie thing pretty good.
Where I live in Middletown orange county NY pizza options and quality has gotten much better in last few years.
The still 1 of best pizza here is Corluzang Pizza King in what use to be empty Caldor shopping Plaza with most retail out of business and parking lot falling apart to some new retail went in 5 years ago
Pizza here is awesome always and everyone from Middletown knows about it.
I love pizza
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
On a no-carbs routine right now to drop some weight. The only thing I really miss is pizza