Big Bubbles (6 or 8 pack) What Say You?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
50 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Big Bubbles (6 or 8 pack) What Say You?

Brownski
This post was updated on .
Not for nothing but the detachables of all kinds are one of the things that have driven up ticket prices as well. A fixed grip quad, run at full speed, is a great compromise where more capacity is needed.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
raisingarizona wrote
a bit kooky
I'll own it.
Haha! Fair enough.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
Not for nothing but the detachables of all kinds are one of the things that have driven up ticket prices as well. A fixe$ grip quad, run at full speed, is a great compromise where more capacity is needed.
No doubt. Prices went up again at Snowbowl. Burgers are 12.50 and they’re terrible. A pitcher of Coors light is 20! A lot of us are boycotting the lodge and tailgating now.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ethan Snow
As a skier, I have always preferred the concept of a bubble lift over a gondola. Gondolas usually hold 8 people, so why not just have an 8 passenger bubble? If large uphill capacity is needed to get people out of a base area at a busy mountain, it makes sense to me. Seems like an 8 passenger bubble should have more uphill capacity than a gondola as it can be loaded more easily. I could be wrong, I'll have to ask Sno. Sometimes it really is nice to ride a lift that gets you away from the elements for a few minutes. Unless your a hardcore full-sender like Glade.

One of the things I love about Gore is how quickly you can go from the mainstream gondola experience to the high peaks double chair experience. Everything has it's place. If it didn't, people wouldn't be manufacturing this stuff.
I'll take boilerplate ice over wet snow any day
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
raisingarizona wrote
No doubt. Prices went up again at Snowbowl. Burgers are 12.50 and they’re terrible. A pitcher of Coors light is 20! A lot of us are boycotting the lodge and tailgating now.
High food prices, pay for parking, high lift ticket prices all make the sport hard on families who are not well off. Don’t blame the prices on the lifts, they are needed to attract the well heeled who will spend $350/day on lift tickets for everyone and the spend another $100 for lunch and maybe another $50 for apres ski drinks and $20 on parking. They would rather pay the the high prices rather than wait in lift lines. Most resorts could care less about the middle class ski family - they price them right out of the market, and can you imagine the outcry if there were no HSQs or Gondis at Gore, WF, or Bell. Snoloco is who they have to market to, more snow making and every lift a bubble HSQ+
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
It's a double edged sword, I can lap our our 6 pack flying couch 12-15 times before 10:00 am and the masses arrive on a weekend morning
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
I dont know. Lord knows the Killington gondola, which I hate on crowded days, certainly made life more comfortable over the old double. Jezuz, when that chair stopped up there in the wind......
And the new Snowden six is kind of silly, but, man, again, in the middle of January, when the wind is blowing directly at you on that chairline, which seems to be the prevailing thing on that mountain, I think I'm going to like that bubble. Its going to feel weirdly lonely during the midweek a lot of times.

When are little flat screens going to happen, with ads for THE BEAST......Beast.......beast....you know, like at the gas station when you're pumping.

That restaraunt mentioned at Big Sky is ridiculous. Its in a great spot to get away from the base for a quick lunch, but its stupid high end. I find stuff like that offensive. Go to Aspen, already.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
In reply to this post by Cunningstunts
Cunningstunts wrote
Maybe I'm just old and a curmudgeon
Most here fall into at least one of those buckets
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
I spent time on a bubble chair out west.  The bubbles get all scratched up and it felt a little to close to my face.
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
Mormon families should be able to ride the lift together.