green light
Bunch of softies around here
its a beautiful thing
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Camp

campgottagopee
I don't think it's that. I get hunting and all that goes with it isn't for everyone, especially the bloody part. I ask all the time for people against hunting to respect our rights as hunters, the least we can do as hunters is return the respect.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Never hunted BUT certainly have no problem at all with the true sportsman who does . Camper is the real  deal with an abiding respect for the sport , nature and the animals . There is an ethos to those who enjoy this activity and the fellowship of hunting camp .

We used to lose our maintenance staff every year in deer season and on occasion the men would invite the ole man to camp for the incorrigible bs sessions and great feeds .

Hey one of these days i might even take up target shooting , then mebbe i can git me them damn tree rats that mess with the Queens gardens ' round the hacienda  
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Even if it wasn’t a moose, this dude would be in trouble for shooting from his truck, using a light etc.... right?

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/outdoors/2019/12/adirondack-man-who-shot-a-moose-from-a-truck-used-a-high-powered-rifle.html?
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
You can furbearer hunt anytime day or night. To shoot from any kind of vehicle requires a special permit only given out for physical reasons.
You have to be off the road and 500' away from a dwelling to legally shoot.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Sounds like they need to allow a small amount of commercial hunting,  get the money from them.   I understand the decline...  Hunting is not much fun for most people, me included.  
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
The article did a nice job explaining the decline in numbers. Hopefully they'll get something figured out and it won't involve raising the cost of licenses.

I too get that it isn't fun for everyone, or even most everyone.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Anyone hear of this?

https://cnycentral.com/news/nation-world/authorities-investigating-after-viral-video-shows-two-hunters-kicking-abusing-deer

I watched the video, well, the first few seconds of it and became sick to my stomach. Then I became furious at these 2 kids. I won't post the video as it's one of the sickest things I've ever seen. I just can't even imagine what they were thinking.

There's no just punishment for what they did. I hope to hell they get a hanging judge.

https://www.media.pa.gov/Pages/Game-Commission-Details.aspx?newsid=359&
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I hope they get 10 years of community service working for animals. In a shelter or something.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Harvey wrote
I hope they get 10 years of community service working for animals. In a shelter or something.
Couldn't agree more.

Most hunters have a connection appreciation for the Earth and the animals that most will never understand. These 2 are psychopaths and should be dealt with as such.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I'm thinking if they nail them with money and jail time they'll be lifetime assholes.  But if they come to love animals, it could be different.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I agree.

Someone once told me that nobody should be held responsible for what they did in high school. At the time I thought that was a clever statement, these kids are of high school age and need to be held responsible for their heinous actions.

They also need a lifetime ban on any and all hunting privileges. To me that would worse than being in jail.

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
campgottagopee wrote
They also need a lifetime ban on any and all hunting privileges.
That's a good idea, or maybe a 20 year ban.

Do they do stuff like that?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
They sure do. They'll get some kind of license ban for sure. 20 would be good, that's a life lesson.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I hope they get at least some jail time + an onerous amount of community service + a ban on hunting/ fishing licenses. That’s pretty atrocious behavior. I fear that prosecutors might let them off too easily.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Being one of the kids father is the chief of police I'm sure you're right Browski
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Guns sales are up

Crime is down

Weird
Reply | Threaded
|