classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
226 messages Options
1 ... 6789101112
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: !

tjf1967
Backhand right across the mouth the first time I even came close to being disrespectful to an adult.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: !

campgottagopee
Right?

With zero hesitation
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Camp

Harvey
Administrator
Where did you find that?

To me the father is the problem.  The kid is learning from him.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Harvey wrote

To me the father is the problem.  The kid is learning from him.
BOOM! That's what I meant when I said the dad didn't even flinch. It's as if he was proud of his boy as he pats him on the back while walking away.

I got an email from one of my hunting buds
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
Kid and dad definitely made to seem like idiots and jerks ......but at the same time, What’s the context? What preceded the video and made the guy grab his camera? Who is the hunter waiting for?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
witch hobble wrote
Kid and dad definitely made to seem like idiots and jerks  
They did that all by themselves

witch hobble wrote
 but at the same time, What’s the context? What preceded the video and made the guy grab his camera? Who is the hunter waiting for?

Dunno.

To me the bigger question is who the hell lets their kid talk like that, then rewards him with a pat on the back. Way to go son!
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by witch hobble
The hunter is waiting for authorities to show up.  The son is going to grow up to be just as ignorant as his dad.  I certain the mom at home can't be to far behind.  They probably talked about that night at over dinner, which you know had some sort of dead meat involved with it.  

My take is the guy got permission to hunt in that wooded area near the neighborhood.  The kids at the school bus stop picked up on what he was doing and went home wining.  The dad agreed with him while gnawing on some beef jerky and formulated that brilliant plan to confront him
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
IDRGAF but these stupid confrontation videos (which, like good memes, are trying to activate your lizard brain) always lack some context and if occasionally some context is provided, it often muddies the waters on how black and white the situation is.  My point is, maybe everybody in the video is an asshole. Entirely possible.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
The hunter was legally hunting public property. The DEC officer showed up and told the angry mob to go scratch.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
I would expect no less from Islander fans.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
x10003q wrote
I would expect no less from Islander fans.
HA!!
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
I finally watched that video - it’s pretty sad the hate people harbor and then pass on to the generation. Unfortunately the guy in the car’s only excuse is he wants to eat the deer when there are so many good reasons other than that to hunt deer.  
I’m not a hunter but I understand why we need them in today’s society.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
PeeTex wrote
I finally watched that video - it’s pretty sad the hate people harbor and then pass on to the generation. Unfortunately the guy in the car’s only excuse is he wants to eat the deer when there are so many good reasons other than that to hunt deer.  
For me eating the game I take is one of the reasons I hunt. I don't consider it an excuse.
It would be like answering the question why do you ski? Multitude of reasons and hard to just pick one.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Holy crap. Not enough detail on injuries to really judge what happened but must have been scary for the hikers
http://northeastexplorer.com/wordpress/vermont-hikers-attacked-by-bear-hounds/?
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
That's very odd. I've never hunted bear with dogs but I've hunted various other game with dogs. I've never met a hunting dog that was aggressive. So strange. I wonder if the hikers dog was aggressive towards the hunting dogs? As usual we're getting one side of the story. Wonder what kind of dog the hikers had. Lots of questions will need to be answered before any conclusion can be made.

Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
PeeTex wrote
For me eating the game I take is one of the reasons I hunt. I don't consider it an excuse.
It would be like answering the question why do you ski? Multitude of reasons and hard to just pick one.
interesting bit on NPR this morning about trying to draw more millenials to hunting. the decline of younger hunters is causing a big hit to conservation budgets so kansas is spinning supporting conservation and trendy farm to table (field to fork!) marketing as a main reasons to hunt with the bonus of being outside and the kill thrill as secondary...

(ok boomer)
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
gorgonzola wrote
campgottagopee wrote
PeeTex wrote
interesting bit on NPR this morning about trying to draw more millenials to hunting. the decline of younger hunters is causing a big hit to conservation budgets so kansas is spinning supporting conservation and trendy farm to table (field to fork!) marketing as a main reasons to hunt with the bonus of being outside and the kill thrill as secondary...

(ok boomer)
So true. We were just talking about this at camp last weekend. The "young buck" in our crew is now in his 30's. The next ones coming up won't be hunting for another 10ish years and there's only 3 of them. We're a dying breed.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
I'm doing what I can to combat this decline in hunters. I'm proud to say, last week my son wanted to go bow hunting on his first day off from football since August. That's him checking shooting lanes from the stand.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Right on bro
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
1 ... 6789101112