Curmudgeon

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
25 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Curmudgeon

Ethan Snow
Ok, Sorry, but someone on here used the word "Curmudgeon" today, and it got me thinking. This forum is deadass boring ever since Sno left. Whatever you guys did to piss him off was rather curmudgeonly. This used to be the only forum that was really fun for me to read. All my other subscriptions are work related.

P.S. Harvey,

All you hard work and support has always been appreciated.
I'll take boilerplate ice over wet snow any day
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Curmudgeon

Sick Bird Rider
Suit yourself, I find it highly entertaining. But then again, I'm a bit of a curmudgeon.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Thanks Ethan.

Meeting sno was a treat for me. He's really a nice person, with an excellent mind.

Hope you are well sno!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
This is funny..
In my friend group I'm known as "Angry Jason" or just Angry for short , but they still love me

My buddy's mechanic has " Anger is a gift " tattooed down his arm. I guess I'm gifted

That said, I always found Sno's post pretty interesting.
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Harvey
Snoloco can post whenever he wants, he just chooses not to.

And as far as boring, you haven't really been ripping the seams off the place either, Ethan.

It's like being at a party and doing nothing but loudly complaining that you don't like the people there. You have a couple of better choices: find something interesting to talk about, or leave the party.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by Ethan Snow
Ethan Snow wrote
Ok, Sorry, but someone on here used the word "Curmudgeon" today, and it got me thinking. This forum is deadass boring ever since Sno left. Whatever you guys did to piss him off was rather curmudgeonly. This used to be the only forum that was really fun for me to read. All my other subscriptions are work related.

P.S. Harvey,

Sno was cool but he grew up and is probably working on getting a life. Heck, I bet over the past two years he may have even gotten laid.

Given that - I can see why he doesn’t have time for this anymore.

But actually - to play here and put out some ideas or opinions you are going to take a ton of shit. If you don’t have a really thick skin you won’t last.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee

Free GSS
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
The forum needs a new teenager to abuse.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Preferably one that isn't such an easy target
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
We provided sno with enough conflicting life advice that the cognitive dissonance is probably still ringing in his ears.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
Haha - camp likes his little boys to play hard to get.

You guys should really stop...
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by witch hobble
witch hobble wrote
The forum needs a new teenager to abuse.
He’s here lurking. Every couple months or so I get an email or a FB message defending HS bubble lifts or low-E snow guns or some such shit. I tell him to post it in the forum but he’s nursing a grudge I guess.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Pretty soon he'll be able to smoke WEED legally in New York. That ought to get him excited.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
Danzilla wrote
Pretty soon he'll be able to smoke WEED legally in New York. That ought to get him excited.
Hell with him, that gets me excited!

When's this happening?
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Ethan Snow wrote

P.S. Harvey,

Ethan, while Sno might not be posting, this place is still filled with Crazies, both old and new!!
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by Cunningstunts
With the Dems controlling both houses in the state......the first legislative session could see something put forward.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
 "Heck, I bet over the past two years he may have even gotten laid."

God I hope so.
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
Sno did bring some contrarian thinking into the forum and it was entertaining.  And probably no more pull-your-hair-out frustrating as any millennial.

I think he would benefit greatly in learning to sell.  That would be a great complement to his intelligence (alleged, by him and others).
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
D.B. Cooper wrote
I think he would benefit greatly in learning to sell.  
I agree wholeheartedly. It would benefit many people
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
Ethan Snow wrote

P.S. Harvey,

Not really sure what you are trying to accomplish with this post but I'll add some of my seldom-wanted, hard-earned wisdom:

Do you think publicly calling everyone else out will make it magically better somehow?

If you like Sno, and care about his opinions, don't you think it might be better to contact him via a pm and see if he has any information he'd like to share with you?

In regards to my last question, is this a desperate attempt to troll him back into posting by pointing out how shitty it is without him?

As you put it, now you've just given everyone a basis to hate on Sno.  You've simultaneously insulted everyone who might actually care about this whilst reminding them why they didn't get along with him in the first place.  Not a great strategy.

As far as my own personal feelings about this, I know he and I didn't see eye-to-eye very often but I don't hold that against him.  I actually hope he's learning lots of useful stuff in engineering school both about engineering and life.  Perhaps he's had a drink, a smoke, kissed a girl, touched a boob or a penis, whatever he's into.  I'd like to talk to him after he graduates and starts working and see what he has to say about the whole experience.