classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
72 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Disappointed With MC

PeeTex
Coach Z wrote
If you want to compete in snowboard or freestyle skiing you can't just hang in the park.  You need coaching not just on snow but in gymnastics
Although lots of kids participate in race teams not all have the dedication and discipline it takes to succeed and with out that AND a lot of natural ability, you won't make it to the top. I can't imaging that your High School team is so large that they don't have a JV team that is large enough to accommodate you if you want to race. If that's the case it's just too bad, your school must be a puppy mill.

Frankly you live in a shitty area for skiing, but I don't need to tell you that. Start planning your exit strategy.
I would be thinking - Montana State University or something like that. It's only a couple of years out.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
 Univ of Vermont is good both academically and has skiing close by
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Coach Z wrote
Univ of Vermont is good both academically and has skiing close by
And so is Dartmouth, but if I really want to ski I would go to a school in the West. The western schools don't rape you as much tuition wise as well.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
CU. Your kids will have dreadlocks and tattoos and piercings by the sophomore year, and just dream about only one business to make a living in.
funny like a clown
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I knew you were going to bring that up Benny

if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Some of this sounds like it turns skiing into a job. That would suck for me and it wouldn't be fun any more.

I took it really seriously for a while and I burned out hard. I did the same thing with mountain biking one summer racing xc and I realized I had to stop. It's sort of a difficult balancing act for me.

I have been thinking about this lately with my daughter, should I put her in the local program or just keep it as a fun thing that we do together and with other family's? I think I'm going with the latter. I want it to be something that she will enjoy for the rest of her life and since she is a little minnie me I don't want to push her too hard.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
raisingarizona wrote
Some of this sounds like it turns skiing into a job. That would suck for me and it wouldn't be fun any more.

I took it really seriously for a while and I burned out hard. I did the same thing with mountain biking one summer racing xc and I realized I had to stop. It's sort of a difficult balancing act for me.

I have been thinking about this lately with my daughter, should I put her in the local program or just keep it as a fun thing that we do together and with other family's? I think I'm going with the latter. I want it to be something that she will enjoy for the rest of her life and since she is a little minnie me I don't want to push her too hard.
I tend to do that with things as well.  If I get into them then I'm really into them.  
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottySkis
Take a ski bus. I know their one from j Middletown NY from Orange County snowboarding shop in Goshen about 30 minutes from where you live. Ical your local Shop and ask about that.
Scotty
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottySkis
I be at shunter tomorrow have fun time and s in NJersey.
Scotty
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
Not disappointed anymore.  South lift opens tomorrow!!!  
Merry Christmas Sno !
Reply | Threaded
|

64ER
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
Not disappointed anymore.  South lift opens tomorrow!!!  
Sno-

We are all limited to the conditions of the day; may yours be goodly.

When you do travel north, let us know, we'll make sure it snows.

Some of our buddies run with Rudolph and his crew, they got the inside track.

Happy Trails To All!