I've lived in New York my entire life.
Z
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Disappointed With MC

Z
We are all equally disappointed in MC

Can we now stop having to read about it?
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
Coach Z wrote

I enjoy reading about it. That's ridiculous that they couldn't open any trails. Other places with similar climates have been able to open.
14-15 Season:

11-22 Snow Ridge (opening day 35")          1-7 Snow Ridge (10")
11-28 Grand targhee                                  1-8 Telluride(12 inches)
11-30 jackson hole(10 inches)                      1-9 Whistler(12 inches)
                                                                  1-11 mt bactchelor(20 inches)
12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-10 Whistler(20 inches)
12-12 Whistler helisking(bottomless)
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-18 Kirkwood(50 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
12-22 Grand targhee(40 inches)
12-26 jackson hole(26 inches)
12-28 Chugatch backcountry(bottomless powder)
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by snoloco
You need to road trip Sno. Try the 'Cats.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
snoloco wrote
I said I was going to do that.  Problem is I can't do it after school nor can I do it every day for 2 weeks.  Wish I lived close enough to the Poconos to dump MC and switch to a mountain that can open for Christmas week.  For a major ski area like MC, not being able to open for Christmas is absolutely pathetic.
Exactly. You ski where you live if you want to ski a lot for most of us. That's reality.
14-15 Season:

11-22 Snow Ridge (opening day 35")          1-7 Snow Ridge (10")
11-28 Grand targhee                                  1-8 Telluride(12 inches)
11-30 jackson hole(10 inches)                      1-9 Whistler(12 inches)
                                                                  1-11 mt bactchelor(20 inches)
12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-10 Whistler(20 inches)
12-12 Whistler helisking(bottomless)
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-18 Kirkwood(50 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
12-22 Grand targhee(40 inches)
12-26 jackson hole(26 inches)
12-28 Chugatch backcountry(bottomless powder)
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Sorry Sno.

I know you want to ski, dude. It's just super early. Save those ski days for january you'll be getting to MC 5 days a week and NY saturday and sunday.

It had been a long time since the last MC thread... proud of you. Can you make it to New Years???
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
sno

Don't get too down.  It was 40 here today.  It's got to be warm as heck down there so to expect them to blow snow that is going to melt is a stretch

Are you doing the race thing you talked about last spring?
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Is Snoloco buds with Powderassasin? Are they two jib kids from northern NJ having some after school fun with this forum?

Snoloco seems way to sincere with his comments but I dunno.....

Anyways, you guys are about to get sh#t on with heavy down pouring rain. Hopefully you got the gettin while the gettin was good. We are still waiting for something here in Flagstaff. If you waited for an epic MC opening you probably dropped the ball.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
In reply to this post by PowderAssassin
PowderAssassin wrote
Coach Z wrote

I enjoy reading about it. That's ridiculous that they couldn't open any trails. Other places with similar climates have been able to open.

Didn't you say goodbye? What's going on around here?
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Thacheronix
Benny Profane wrote
Didn't you say goodbye? What's going on around here?
Benny are you suggesting Harv ban anyone who pens a dramatic farewell
Reply | Threaded
|

louie.mirags
I said this in another thread to you Sno but MC usually opens around late to mid-December. I skied there for years and had my season pass there last year because it was only 35 mins from where I went to college.  Great times on weeknights and weekends from 8-11.   Trust me man, they want to open! They make a KILLING over Christmas break.  I remember one year when I was in high school around 2006 or 2007 they didn't open until January. The weather predicts their faith. They are not trying to screw you!

Don't let last year's weather have you forget their normal time to open
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
snoloco wrote
In 06/07, 11/12, and 12/13, everyone in the area opened late.  This year, only MC is opening late.  Typically openings are before Christmas between the 10th and 20th of December.  In 09/10, they opened on 12/16, in 10/11 on 12/11, and in 13/14 on 12/14.  Those years that they couldn't do this, everyone opened late.  In 11/12 they opened 12/26.  That year Mount Peter opened late on 12/24 and Tuxedo Ridge on 12/26.  In 12/13, they opened on 12/29, but Mount Peter and Tuxedo Ridge also opened late on 12/26.  Why can 2 sub 400 vertical mole hills open weeks MC claims to be able to.
Maybe management at MC is watching this board and they are simply trying to piss you off??
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
snoloco wrote
In 06/07, 11/12, and 12/13, everyone in the area opened late.  This year, only MC is opening late.  Typically openings are before Christmas between the 10th and 20th of December.  In 09/10, they opened on 12/16, in 10/11 on 12/11, and in 13/14 on 12/14.  Those years that they couldn't do this, everyone opened late.  In 11/12 they opened 12/26.  That year Mount Peter opened late on 12/24 and Tuxedo Ridge on 12/26.  In 12/13, they opened on 12/29, but Mount Peter and Tuxedo Ridge also opened late on 12/26.  Why can 2 sub 400 vertical mole hills open weeks MC claims to be able to.
Ski areas are a lot like a box of chocolates......
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
Hey Sno, look at the bright side...your bowling is bound to improve!
Reply | Threaded
|

louie.mirags
Well for one they have to make way more snow than a 400 ft vertical hill.... They make so much money over the holidays so they would be open if they could.  
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
we're seeing a lot of similar issues her in the pa pokey's - if you took advantage of the of the November chill and blew the shit out of everything like blue and cb did, youre golden, if not you missed the boat.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
snoloco wrote
Mountain Creek has failed to open anything but the bunny hill (size of Jamboree at Gore) for this weekend.  This is despite the fact that all other mountains in the area are going to be fully open.  I wanted to go again on Christmas day and post another TR, I wanted to go every day for my 2 week winter break.  I am highly disappointed with them for dropping the ball on opening to the point that I want to say to hell with the place and get a pass somewhere else.  Yes they have pissed me off to the point where I want to not ski it again.  Only issue is that it is the only decent place within reach for me to go after school.  The rest are sub 400 vertical molehills and the only similar places are over 1.5 hours away in PA.  Going to be driving north and maybe to PA, and bowling a lot.  Grrrrrr!
When I saw the title of this post, I assumed that when you visited Gore, MattChuck did not rip his patented helicopter.

Now I see... it's Mountain Creek.

I put this back on you Sno... what do you think the reason is?  Pretend you're the GM of MC and the press just asked you the same question.

Or better yet, stop into his office and politely ask him the question. Tell him you've got an audience of MC lovers who are curious and you want to help him get his message out.

Then write it up, and make it your first post on njskiblog.com.  I bet you could draw an audience.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
gorgonzola wrote
we're seeing a lot of similar issues her in the pa pokey's - if you took advantage of the of the November chill and blew the shit out of everything like blue and cb did, youre golden, if not you missed the boat.
That makes sense. Good explanation.

Sno, if only you could hitch a ride to the 'skills or the dacks, you'd be golden.