classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
29 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Do Cheaters Win?

MC2 5678F589
This post was updated on .
You could be the hardest working janitor in the world, you'll never make as much as A-Rod makes for being hurt all year.

It's not always hard work that gets you more money... It could be steroids.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Do Cheaters Win?

tjf1967
Yes it does you just have to earn it.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: ORDA has "ongoing fiscal challenges"

ml242
tjf1967 wrote
Yes it does you just have to earn it.
Wall Street sure earned it while crashing the economy.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
HA That ignorant statement is getting old.  
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
Not A-Rod money but I know two janitors that are in the upper middle class.  If you want it its out there...And cheating will catch up to you.  Ask A-Rod.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Nothing is catching up to Arod except age. Do you think he's sitting around crying about the fact that no one likes him, and how he wants to give the money back?
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Well, everyone wants to be loved, but, yeah, he sure seems to be sitting pretty.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by ml242
I do think he is upset no one likes him.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Seems to be.  How's Mark Mcquire feeling?  He is hanging out in his gated community embarrased to leave.  Sounds like a great life.  Money is nothing to be ashamed of if you earn it properly.  Poeple who have problems with richy riches need to look within themselves and figure out what there insecurity is.
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
Maguire is the current hitting coach for the Dodgers. He was the hitting coach for the Cardinals 2010-2012.
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
In reply to this post by tjf1967
tjf1967 wrote
HA That ignorant statement is getting old.
"Griftopia," by Matt Taibbi.  Wall Street is like the emperor: it has no clothes.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
tjf1967 wrote
Seems to be.  How's Mark Mcquire feeling?  He is hanging out in his gated community embarrased to leave.  Sounds like a great life.  Money is nothing to be ashamed of if you earn it properly.  Poeple who have problems with richy riches need to look within themselves and figure out what there insecurity is.

Well, OK, I'll bite.

The reason the Yankees signed the extension to his contract was that they fully expected him to break Bond's HR record in Yankee stadium, and make zillions from the excitement and merchandise attached. This was before the world discovered he was a druggy, and, of course, before he got old, as mentioned. He has basically committed fraud in that contractual agreement, and should re negotiate said contract because of the fraud. If not, the Yankees should sue him. But, they won't. Instead, they have stopped their profligate spending for players to make up the difference, for the time being.

As mentioned, McGuire has not been "hiding", but, of course, has not exactly been doing the Leno/Letterman circuit since his appearance before Congress. At least he didn't lie, like Palmero and Clemens. He made his millions by again, conducting a fraud upon the American public and baseball by taking drugs to break Maris's record and not informing us of the act.

I don't have problems with rich people, as long as they attained their status in life legally and without fraud. Most of the rich people in the financial world today didn't.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
Benny Profane wrote
Most of the rich people in the financial world today didn't.
Oh my.  The interwebz is such a silly place.  Benny, STFU.  You're a complete fucking tool.

Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
Benny Profane wrote

As mentioned, McGuire has not been "hiding", but, of course, has not exactly been doing the Leno/Letterman circuit since his appearance before Congress. At least he didn't lie, like Palmero and Clemens. He made his millions by again, conducting a fraud upon the American public and baseball by taking drugs to break Maris's record and not informing us of the act.

I don't have problems with rich people, as long as they attained their status in life legally and without fraud. Most of the rich people in the financial world today didn't.
I do not think the  ballplayers who took steroids in the Maguire career time frame are a fraud upon the American public. It is just entertainment. It is part of the culture of sports to do whatever it takes to get paid. The players provided great excitement and entertainment at the time, got paid and the owners got wealthy.

Read any baseball book until recent history and remember the constant discussions about greenies and "leaded" vs "unleaded" coffee in the lockerrooms. Jim Bouton's book Ball Four set the stage for more truth in what was actually going on in lockerrooms. I am pretty sure many ballplayers (including Maris) were eating greenies (amphetamines) until they were banned by MLB in 2006. How is taking greenies not a fraud also? It is hard to limit your wrath to only the steroid users without considering the greenie users. If we do consider the greenie users frauds you need to ignore all baseball stats from the late 1940s until amphetamines were banned in 2006.

I am sure the great Mickey Mantle would have never been on the field for all those Sunday double headers that used to exist without the help of his magical beans.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967

Yanks bought Arod to win Championships.  Period.   Stay tuned MLB is on the case.  

Maguire goes from the ball park to home.  He said it himself.  He is ashamed of himself.  

Most people in the financial industry are crooks?  You believe that?  

Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I don't approve of this being broken into its own thread.

I was making a point specifically related to another discussion. I don't care what people think of cheaters at all.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
tjf1967 wrote
 Most people in the financial industry are crooks?  You believe that?

tjf1967 wrote
Poeple who have problems with richy riches need to look within themselves and figure out what there insecurity is.

I don't want to get in a hateful tit-for-tat here , but I disagree about the value of income to worth as I think you see it.

"Earning" a salary is not tied to the measure of the person. In the cases of *many* financial service people and 99% of pro athletes, I don't think it is, anyway. It's difficult to appraise values and salaries off the cuff, but I believe that EMT's and Teachers probably "contribute" more to society than the previous groups. Are they over or underpaid, or maybe just right? I don't know. $10/hr sounds low for a person that will be the first face the general public makes, but it's solely at the discretion of the business. Despite knowing everything about being a GM , it's pretty hard to see why I don't run a major conglomerate of international resorts.

Regarding Sophia's point, of course people shouldn't need a "bonus" to prevent theft, but the distribution of income in this country is a real problem considering inflation, health care, and what kind of society I believe that most people believe we *should* live in.

That's all.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Did you make a point? Cause I missed it.  

in the thinking department you are so wrong.  
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by Peter Minde
He is a reporter.  A pretty good one but come on.  Does he like anything that goes on in the US?  He has answers after the horse is out of the barn and he makes his money off of people that are always looking for a conspiracy theory.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
mattchuck2 wrote
I don't approve of this being broken into its own thread.

I was making a point specifically related to another discussion. I don't care what people think of cheaters at all.
Sorry Matt.  The thread breakout thing is not my specialty (Tony Crocker from FTO is the master).  Maybe it's way easier in Vbulletin or one of Noah's favorites. Would it be cheating to switch?

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp