Down but not out

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
33 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Down but not out

campgottagopee
Skiing Sunday at GP was da bomb, my kind of skiing. Sub zero temps with nobody around. We took a blaster down Illiad and decided to take the same route down for our second run. Just about 1/4 of the way down as I was heading into a right hand turn I realized my left ski had come off and my foot was "flopping around". Happened quick. I was able to ski on one ski for a while to try and get some speed under control be4 laying on my side to come to a stop (had to look pretty cool from the lift...snow, ski and shit flyin' everywhere). I felt fine but I knew my knee was hurting a little. Buddy brought my ski down to me (it was wayyyy up there) and asked if I was ok..Yup, no problem, or so I thought. When I went to put my ski on I couldn't....every time I tried to step in my knee would buckle..scared the shit out of me...I've never had any issues with my knee, EVER. I was unable to ski down so I got a ride from SP on the back of a sled. My "pals"  tried making me lay in the basket...wasn't gonna happen. Bad enough they took pictures...bastards!!!!

After getting in to the Ortho he suspects a torn medial meniscus but wont be 100% certain until MRI tomorrow morning. I'm hoping for the best and WILL be back on the hill as soon as doc releases me. One thing for sure is our WF trip is still on for this year!!!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Down but not out

warp daddy
 ooooooohhh Man  !!!!!!!!!  Campster that really rots . I certainly hope and pray all goes well with the MRI and u can continue this season .  You're young and strong and have the motivation to succeed , so whatever happens Camp , you'll be all over it and be back on the boards . Stay strong and positive  

Vibes  n' prayers Bud !
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Wow.  

I'm a bit confused - did you get hurt trying to lay er down? I've tried to do that one ski thing (binding malfunction) - set er down safely - and it ain't easy.

This has been a tough year for injuries (best wishes Kman!)

Best to you too, Camp and good luck with the MRI.  That attitude has to help.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
o sh!t sorry to hear that camp, hope it checks out ok and you have a speedy recovery. i was looking for your gp reports and wondering where u been, didn't even think of a wreck...

scary to think  how fine of a line we ski some days, monday night i yardsaled in a race course then got wacked by another car on the icy roads on the ride home. ended up unscathed 'cept for a bloody nose and lip from my faceplant , but either incident could have  ended very ugly

hope your back on the hill soon!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Thanks for the good vibes ya'll....this is nothing I can't drink my way out of

Harv, I don't think so...I felt slight pain in my knee be4 my  rendition of the "power slide", but again it all happened so fast I'm not really sure. What concerns me is why did my ski fall off??? Replaying it in my mind I can't think of any reason for it to come off.....very strange.

One thing for sure is I'll be cranking my DIN setting up a little. I'm not a small guy so mayB it's possible I just walked right out of it...don't want that to happen EVER again.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
gorgonzola wrote

scary to think  how fine of a line we ski some days, monday night i yardsaled in a race course then got wacked by another car on the icy roads on the ride home. ended up unscathed 'cept for a bloody nose and lip from my faceplant , but either incident could have  ended very ugly

Very true....this was the exact topic at the bar sunday after my accident.

Funny side note: When I saw my primary doc on monday (know him pretty good) he asked me what I did for my knee right after the fall.....told him I hobbled down to the store, got a cup of hot chocolate to go with my Ruplemintz I had in my truck (drank that while waiting for the gang to get done skiing and for the bar to open), then went to the bar had about 10 beers and 1 bourbon...felt like a million bucks

Not exactly what he wanted to hear, but he asked and I answered
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by warp daddy
warp daddy wrote
ooooooohhh Man  !!!!!!!!!  Campster that really rots . I certainly hope and pray all goes well with the MRI and u can continue this season .  You're young and strong and have the motivation to succeed , so whatever happens Camp , you'll be all over it and be back on the boards . Stay strong and positive  

Vibes  n' prayers Bud !
Thanks Warp...it's all good bro

Not gonna let this get me down.

One thingE for sure is WE WILL GET DUMPED ON NOW FOR SURE...hehe
Reply | Threaded
|

Pants
Sorry Campee!  Injuries suck.  I wrecked my knee a few years ago, but had it fixed up and now its bomber. Hope its nothing major.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Pants wrote
Sorry Campee!  Injuries suck.  I wrecked my knee a few years ago, but had it fixed up and now its bomber. Hope its nothing major.
Thanks...who dis??? Woooody??? Phin??? show yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
Camper!!!  Sorry to hear that buddy.  Let us know what the MRI says.  And you guys should do the WF trip no matter what - we'll cure what ails ya'.  Pre-releases scare the hell out of me.

And that's Woody, BTW.  
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Noah John wrote
Camper!!!  Sorry to hear that buddy.  Let us know what the MRI says.  And you guys should do the WF trip no matter what - we'll cure what ails ya'.  Pre-releases scare the hell out of me.

And that's Woody, BTW.
Thanks, Noah.

WF trip is on!!!! If I can't ski I'll just go visit some cuzinz 'till the assclowns are in the bar. I'm thinking/hoping I'll have a few days in by then any_A_ways.

I thought that was Woody...she likes to be sneaky...what the heck kinda name is Pants???? Please explain Pants.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
campgottagopee wrote
I realized my left ski had come off
Lawyer up! Somebody must be at fault!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Jamesdeluxe wrote
campgottagopee wrote
I realized my left ski had come off
Lawyer up! Somebody must be at fault!
LOL, not my style
Reply | Threaded
|

Pants
In reply to this post by Pants
Pants wrote
You guessed it right the first time!
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Yo Camp we had a few grins with that shot !

The Queen was looking at it with me and she says " That's exactly how they brought me down off Attitash in NH  after i broke my ankle inside the boot -- No Way i was riding in that damn  sled "

OH BTW  nice pic by you posse  
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Raymo40
Injuries suck but that picture  Priceless.  Feelbetter soon hope all goes well.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
UB lucky if it's just an MCL.  They generally tear away from the bone and do not require surgery.  You will have to give it time to reattach and heal.  If you do not do that, well that be stupig!

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
ScottyJack wrote
UB lucky if it's just an MCL.  They generally tear away from the bone and do not require surgery.  You will have to give it time to reattach and heal.  If you do not do that, well that be stupig!
Stupig is as stupig does...speaking of stupig, have you seen phineas???
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Raymo40
Raymo40 wrote
Injuries suck but that picture  Priceless.  Feelbetter soon hope all goes well.
Yeah, my "friends" think they're a funny bunch.....and they're are.

they also blamed it on my helmet....this is my first year skiing with one.....get a helmet and get hurt...go figure