25 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Dreams and Nightmares

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
I posted this on FB Friday.  Anyone having dreams?  Keep it fun and clean please.

Harv on FB wrote
I haven't had a dream I could remember in decades. Now I am having these vivid dreams, that I remember clearly when I wake up.

Two nights ago I dreamed I was on top of Garnet Hill, near our place in the Adirondacks. I was alone, and the water from Thirteenth Lake had risen all around me, and then stopped. It was like I was on an island. I couldn't go anywhere, but for some reason I was not afraid.

Last night I had a dream that was really weird. I was kayaking with my dad and my wife in this big beautiful lake in the mountains.

When we were done we went into the lodge to take off our ski boots (told you it was weird). Apparently we were at Jay Peak because we sat down right next to Steve Wright. I asked him if he skied every day, and he said "you'd be surprised, I don't get to ski that much."

Then I introduced him to my wife. She said "oh so THIS is Steve, so nice to meet you!" That part sort of makes sense because I dig the leadership he has shown over the last several years and have talked about it with her more than once.

Like I said weird, but also fun as hell. I'm not really at Jay Peak but I felt like I was there last night!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Nightmares and Dreams

JasonWx
funny you bring this up

last night bolt upright screaming...my wife wasn't happy
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
Friday morning just before I woke up I was dreaming. I don't remember the dream other than at the end of it a big bumblebee was trying to get me and I took a swing at it.  I heard my wife yell OOOWWWW! That's when I woke up...
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Nice pro
I dream a lot. I used to dream that I could fly all the time. I still do occasionally but not nearly as much as when I was young. Then there are all the standard stress dreams. No real terrors or nightmares that I can remember
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
She said she was glad I wasn't dreaming about boxing.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
My dream last night was really bizarre.

Gore had opened an new pod that they were very proud of, and they were burying it deep. Oddly it had a Hall fixed-grip double, personal prejudice creeping in.  :)

The REALLY weird thing is you rode the lift DOWN and then you jumped on a BELT SANDER to ride up.  When I got to the top my belt sander burnt out, and I was done for the day.
Reply | Threaded
|

bumps
Harvey wrote
and then you jumped on a BELT SANDER to ride up.
Squares with the likelihood that they're using dyed white sawdust to supplement the less than 100 inches Gore receives.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by pro2860
pro2860 wrote
Friday morning just before I woke up I was dreaming. I don't remember the dream other than at the end of it a big bumblebee was trying to get me and I took a swing at it.  I heard my wife yell OOOWWWW! That's when I woke up...
LMFAO
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by pro2860
pro2860 wrote
just before I woke up I was dreaming
Same with me it's always just before I wake up. Or so it seems.

Only remember my dreams since this started.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Dreams and Nightmares

campgottagopee
Harvey wrote
pro2860 wrote
just before I woke up I was dreaming
Same with me it's always just before I wake up. Or so it seems.

Only remember my dreams since this started.
Obviously you guys aren't drinking enough
Reply | Threaded
|

tirolski
Harve, Found some bedtime reading for ya of the local Haudenosaunee.
http://www.webwinds.com/yupanqui/iroquoisdreams.htm
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
My dreams have not been scary to me. Even though they could have been based on the circumstances in some of them.

Those masks in that link could change things tho!
Reply | Threaded
|

tirolski
Intent was not trying to scare ya Harve. We have two sides in 1 brain with frontal lobe as a control center thingy to put it as simple as possible for me. Rational thought uses both sides. One side is everything is wonderful and loving, the other side is like there's something coming to get me. good vs evil thingy. You're a rational thinker so if ya do get scared, realize there's something triggering it and act rationally. Lather rinse repeat. Stay well. To be fair, I'm not a rocket surgeon
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
No problem tirolski.  I didn't read it super carefully but that article (only looked at Part 1) seemed very cool. I don't know too much about the Iroquois but I'm interested to learn more about them. I'd thought their range was upstate NY but I learn it extended much farther, down into the south. Also it was not continuous.

Anybody else know about them?
Reply | Threaded
|

tirolski
Two brothers from Canandaigua put a series of podcasts together relating to the Iroquois history and legends.
Their dad is or was a preacher I think.
https://www.longhousepodcast.com/
Found it fascinating and explains a lot about NY early daze.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by Harvey
Bro, I know everything about them- democratic tendencies, matriarchal hierarchy, long houses, birch bark canoes.... What do you want to know?
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

tirolski
In reply to this post by Harvey
Did a goole search of "dog dreams" while watchin the hound dream.
Found fascinating article by Stanley Coren, PhD., DSc., FRSC,  Professor Emeritus,Department of Psychology.
U of British Columbia.
Read one of his book awhile back on "The intelligence of dogs." Bought the "Natural History of Stupidity" at the checkout the same day, about stupid shit humans have done over the course of human history. Never intended to by either of them but had a lunch break and browsed the nearby Barnes and Noble book store.

Basically:
Ya dream about stuff you experienced during the wake period.
Better to have a good wake period than a bad wake period, cause it influences the subsequent dreams.

I figure smell may be especially involved with dog dreams, as dogs sense of smell is exponentially "better" than ours.
Hopefully the flowers smell good to us all again this year.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
tirolski wrote
Ya dream about stuff you experienced during the wake period.......Hopefully the flowers smell good to us all again this year.
Allegorically speaking, on the dreams, I’d say.  When I remember them, the (often weird) stuff that happens in my dreams definitely did not happen to me they way it does in my dream.  What I’m dreaming surely is representative though.

On the smelling the flowers, I’m tempted to say that if we are smelling them it’s at least one potential side effect of CV-19 we can eliminate, but I’m sure someone would go all Snopes on my ass if I did.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
I'm on a maintenance medication where two of the more benign side effects are yawning and vivid dreams.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottySkis1
I had dream yesterday when I woke up.
Dad( pass away 3 year ago)and me and Cheri ( my sister). where all in it.
I was living with dad in Bronx. I was working in Manhattan.
After I commute on subway train to work they shuttered the subway lines with its way too stop the train from running which it did.
I called dad from where I was in Manhattan and spoke too him and Cheri and said I be home soon. I could not get home at all.
Then I woke up.
Never remember my dream but I remember that 1.