Everest

26 messages Options
Petronio Petronio
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Everest

Just watched the movie tonight.  I don't think I'd ever risk my life like that.  (I have a cousin in England who summited K2.)  Anyone here done it, or seriously thought of doing it?  

Petronio
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

Re: Everest

I have thought about and researched it...I can't afford the 60k plus and the 3 months or so away..

My biggest fear is getting diarrhea on the mountain..
"Peace and Love"
Jon951 Jon951
Reply |

Could never do it due to condition limiting oxygen to my right leg below the knee, so I'd be toast above 16k feet I'm guessing. Also, I would imagine it would be difficult to afford the time to train for the climb, even if I could qualify medically. Perhaps I'll be able to make an attempt in my next life!
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
I have thought about and researched it...I can't afford the 60k plus
Got to be way more than that.  Can you attempt Everest without other super high altitude experience?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

You need to establish a resume of climbs..You need high altitude experience.
After I was on Rainer I looked into Aconcagua..High altitude but not very technical..
Getting in shape is easy, finding the time and cash is the problem.  
"Peace and Love"
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

That's why I think 60k is way low.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Sick Bird Rider Sick Bird Rider
Reply |

For that same 60K you could take 5 friends on the heli ski trip of a lifetime, especially this year with the low Canuckistanian dollar. It would be way more fun than slogging up Everest with a bunch of other affluent sheep.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
ml242 ml242
Reply |

If I go it'll be from the other side with Sick Bird Rider, no sherpa support or supplemental Os.
Sick Bird Rider Sick Bird Rider
Reply |

ml242 wrote
If I go it'll be from the other side with Sick Bird Rider, no sherpa support or supplemental Os.
Ha, thanks for the vote. I am pretty sure we would get distracted by the pow skiing at lower elevations, then spend too much time in the yurt drinking chai.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

Climbing is a different kettle of fish..Both experiences are great..
"Peace and Love"