Fall Weather 2015

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
57 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fall Weather 2015

JasonWx
Long range is always a bunch of horse shit..
I'm sure the North West will have a decent winter. Have you ever had 2 disastrous winters in a row? Check out opensnow Northwest's Forecast.

on the flip side, have we(northeast) ever have 3 great winters in a row???

I think Darrin's take is correct. If Sibera and the North West territories are cold and snow packed, it can only work in our favor..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
JasonWx wrote
I'm sure the North West will have a decent winter. Have you ever had 2 disastrous winters in a row?
Los Ninos tend to leave the PNW 75% of normal snowpack.  75% of normal certainly wouldn't be considered a disaster, and would be far better than last year.  As for multiple disasters, I haven't been here long enough to experience 2 bad seasons in a row yet.  I guess it depends on who you ask.  According to my neighbor, I haven't really experienced a good season yet.  In a "good season," there is still T2B snow at Mission into June, with good skiing in upper basin into July.  The years I've been here, the lower slopes have been melted out by late May.  

Hopefully, we get something good this year, but to be honest, I'm not that optimistic.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
I love our western members, and there connection to us.

But I have to approach the weather from an eastern POV.

This is the best "long term" temp I have seen in a while for the east.

Unfortunately it seems unusual for both east and west to have great seasons at the same time.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Unfortunately it seems unusual for both east and west to have great seasons at the same time.

so very true..On  a more serious note..Calif better get rocked with snow this year. Their drought will be come our problem when the farms totally dry up..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I know you don't believe in all that voodoo but doesn't El N "usually" mean a wet winter for Cali?
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In theory they should have a wet winter..But not all El Ninos bring wet weather..
No two El Ninos are every a like..Should be a lot of fun watching it unfold..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

2000yearoldskier
The inland NW has been warm and dry since Feb.I'm a little nervous.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Little "snow" on the radar.

Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Were gonna need more than a little bit of freezing rain to hold off next weeks temps, going to be close to 70.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Winters fury will be focused on the PNW.. Some models are prog ing from 10-20" is liquid...The amount of snow above 5000' will be stunning...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
Baker at 10000

Overnight

Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 22. Breezy, with a south wind around 29 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Thursday

Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Temperature rising to near 27 by noon, then falling to around 17 during the remainder of the day. Windy, with a south wind around 32 mph, with gusts as high as 48 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 23 to 29 inches possible.

Thursday Night

Snow before 10pm, then snow showers after 10pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 13. Windy, with a southwest wind 31 to 36 mph decreasing to 25 to 30 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 11 to 17 inches possible.

Friday

Snow showers. High near 17. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 20 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.

Friday Night

Snow showers before 4am, then snow after 4am. Low around 13. Breezy, with a south wind 22 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.

Saturday

Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 25. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 22 to 28 inches possible.

Saturday Night

Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 20. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 35 to 41 inches possible.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
The crazy thing is, this is totally normal..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
This cycle comes in between a period of cold stagnation.  Lot's of surface hoar above 4K:

I would suspect that avalanche danger be high to extreme in many areas around the PNW region by Saturday.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
^^COOL .

I know for a fact it is actually snowing on the northern spine, but thought this radar was unusual:

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .

Just sayin