|

Re: Geeky Trail Building Thread.

raisingarizona
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

tirolski
RA -I'm thinking of getting an ebike and live in  CNY. This post should probably go in another thread but was reaching out to you on any possible advice. I'd use it for tooling around back and forth to smaller town(s) and also do some light off road, trails, fields (where permitted). It's hilly in places here and wouldn't mind lugging it to ride some dirt road in the daks. What'd ya go with? I talked with some good folks who sell them around here who also seemed quite knowledgeable. Thanks. I've read the e-bike discussions on here a while back too. I'm not a spring chicken.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
triol
i have ridden a e mtb many times and absolutely love them..that said there are many types out there ie road or mtb just get the one that right for you and your riding..

don't hesitate in buying one..you will have a blast
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
I too think that they are super cool but I don’t know much about them, the cost scares me away.

I think it’s the future as much as a lot won’t admit it.

Sorry, I’m not much help.
Reply | Threaded
|

tirolski
I bought a mountain bike with my first "bonus" check in the early 80s. A "Diamond back". They were a pretty new thing then. Used to ride it between the rail road tracks sometimes which was kind of crazy. Took it on trails in the daks and also around some local back dirt roads. Stopped riding it after other hobbies took over. Took it in to the bike shop about 5 years ago for a "tune up". They said money would be better spent on a new bike. Then got a deal on a Trek (non Mtn-Non Street hybrid thing) a couple years ago at a silent auction for "The first Tee" fund raiser. Might give that one to my brother and get an e-bike in the mounty style. It should be fun to see what's being made now.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
have fun shopping...nothing better then new bike day..just buy the biggest battery you can afford..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
I took my daughter on an overnight camping and trail work mission this weekend. There was some final touches needed on some rock work near the top section we built last fall so I used my free time to get it done.

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Very cool!  

That last feature is insane. Nice work.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
have fun shopping...nothing better then new bike day..just buy the biggest battery you can afford..
Pics needed.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Very cool!  

That last feature is insane. Nice work.
Thanks Harv. Our next rock work project on this trail is much bigger than that one but it’s on a better slope at least. We had to drop in the big rocks to build trail there. It was all slab and completely cookeddort from last summers fire. It was fun lowering in 500+ pound rocks from above with the grip hoist.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
I just got back from four days of building and camping out on top of Elden. We had crew leads come in from Utah for a rock work training so we could knock out the crux of this trail alignment and we got it done! I’m super stoked since this damn thing was keeping me up at night knowing that are budget is quickly running out.

Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
2 thumbs up for the trail builders !!!
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
They really brought it for sure!

We were on for only three days this past week but it hurt real bad. I had to lead on 8 retaining wall builds. Oof.

Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Sick bench cut..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Here’s photos from the current Trail Faeries Project. This is a connector trail from the Arizona Trail down to Shultz Creek Trail.

The trail goes past this sweet view point.

We did some rock work to make that left option work up and over the off camber boulder.

This is the trail next to the view point.
1 ... 6789