https://www.att.com/devices/netgear/beam.html#sku=sku6610389
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Cell Coverage

Spongeworthy
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Frontier is hitting me for $50/month for phone and $50/month for internet.  Not sure if they would drop me by $50 if I dropped the phone or not.  I doubt I could run the internet off a hot spot with a booster?  Me, Zelda and Neve too. With the DHL if Neve starts streaming it slows us all way down.
Be careful with Frontier. First, they might hit you with a termination fee. Total BS for a landline, but they "waived" it for me as a "courtesy" when I downgraded my phone service. Also, a friend in Newcomb dropped his landline when Verizon cell service came online. His guaranteed $19.99 a month for their crappy DSL internet add-on shot way up, so he dropped that as well.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

Milo Maltbie
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Is there a way to see what plans verizon has for new towers?
I found this in the APA website:
http://www.apa.ny.gov/_assets/Towers/TelcommDatabase.pdf

That's a list of APA permits for cell towers.  The more recent permits probably haven't been built yet, but it doesn't look like much improvement for North Creek or Gore, at least not for Verizon service. Maybe you can find a list of pending permits.
Bad wireless and cell service at Gore keeps me trapped in the office on a lot of days that I could be out.
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
You have to watch a cell tower like the one in N.Creek. You may go up there and have 40MBPS on a weekday afternoon this time of year but when everyone is at Gore and using it the data rate can drop like a stone as the tower gets overwhelmed. Where I am a lot of the time I tether off my phone and sometimes the service is fine, some times it crawls.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.