classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gore Mtn, NY: 2/13/11

Harvey
Administrator
Ski Day 22: The trees were in excellent shape at Gore today. Skier traffic had ground any trace of crust into complete submission. And while only a few inches were reported since last weekend the difference was striking.

I was pretty tired from the first half of the weekend. Yet another drive from the flatlands, getting up early to ski Hickory, skiing bell-to-bell, dinner at Basil and Wicks, getting Neve to bed, and working until midnight on my report from Telefest.

So I had no problem hanging out with Zach in front of the Gondi, while we waited for Rick and Mary.  

Rick on Uncas

Rick pulled me aside to let me know that the over/under in the Tannery Pub on how long Zach would sit out was 3 weeks, and he'd hit that exactly.  It's was odd for me to see Zach skiing like a mere mortal.  My heart did skip a beat when he did the Snowpipe Limbo.

"Zach recuperates as per doctor's orders"

We spent the whole morning up top, in the trees and doing runs on the Dark Side and across the summit.  We also connected with Chuck and Bobbie.

Around 11:15 we pulled up the Straightbrook chair and ran into PDQ, EDeO, Russ, and Rochester Mark. I took one last run with them before I headed down at noon, for the drive home.

Rochester Mark

Headin' Down.

I'm loving the new Chatterbox Glades. Takes some of the sting out of quiting if you can hit one last tree run on the way down.

Great weekend for me.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gore Mtn, NY: 2/13/11

tBatt

Harvey44 wrote
My heart did skip a beat when he did the Snowpipe Limbo.
Middle Newtons?

Reply | Threaded
|

Powderqueen
In reply to this post by Harvey
Indeed the skiing was fine. Third day in a row for me did not slow me down. EDeO and Russ took Rochester Mark and I on a tour de trees all the way down to the ski bowl and back after a morning on the upper mountain and we parted ways from Harvey. Snow off piste was crusty and heavy down at the ski bowl, but the terrain was fine. Barkeater was fun and Chatterbox did me in at 3pm.

Fabulous weekend of skiing all in all. Looks like spring skiing this week.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rochester Mark
Indeed a great day! I hadn't planned on skiing Gore Sunday as I had a concert I was going to Saturday night but an email from PDQ got me thinking so on about 2 hours of sleep I headed out for the almost 4 hour drive. Around Syracuse I was questioning the wisdom of little sleep and skiing but with a mug of coffee down the hatch I soon woke up. What a great decision! I met PDQ and EDeO at the base and we were off. I love skiing with those two, always game for an adventure! It was great to meet and ski with Russ a very strong skier. We stayed in the trees all day and had a blast! It ended up being a long tired ride back home but worth every yawn!