Gore SHOULD do the right thing

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
38 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gore SHOULD do the right thing

ski2moro
Gore is closing during the week (Monday through Thursday) beginning April 4.  I emailed and asked if they would honor the weekday passes for weekend skiing through the end of the season.

Here is their response:

"No we will not honor them for weekend skiing because they are weekday passes. However, we do have next years season passes on sale for $720. These are valid for the rest of this season and all of next.
Thank you."

Come on, MP!  You have snow.  You have to operate the lifts on the weekends for the paying customers.  How much can it cost you to do the right thing and let the weekday-only people ski.  This is a management decision.  Be a manager!  
If you are having fun, you are doing it right.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gore SHOULD do the right thing

Denis.N
unbelievable! i thought they'd certainly offer skiing for midweek pass-holders

ski2moro wrote
How much can it cost you to do the right thing and let the weekday-only people ski.
it won't cost them an extra dime, rather generate money from selling food and possibly other services.

Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by ski2moro
Lame...
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I would say they are doing the right thing. Why should people who only paid for mid-week skiing have the same rights as people who paid for a full pass???
Reply | Threaded
|

ski2moro
campgottagopee wrote
I would say they are doing the right thing. Why should people who only paid for mid-week skiing have the same rights as people who paid for a full pass???
Because they are taking away the weekday skiing while the snow is still good.  Whatever the reason, it costs them nothing more to allow the weekday people to ski the closing weekends, but it builds HUGE goodwill.
Reply | Threaded
|

adkskier
I agree. They should honor all passes for the balance of the season. Suggest you e-mail Pratt directly or call him!
I Think, Therefore I Ski
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
Gore has never been a mountain of goodwill per se (the mountain that loves you back )  but at least midweek pass holders can ski Fridays.  If you chose to buy a midweek pass...it was your decision...and at least Gore is still open and letting you ski on Fridays.  There are mountains with great conditions that are closing.  I have to think their response about purchasing a pass now was appropriate and then there is still Whiteface...I didn't see anything about them closing midweek
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Michaeltokyo
ski2moro wrote
Gore is closing during the week (Monday through Thursday) beginning April 4.  
Doesn't this usually happen at the end of the season?  

You can still ski cheaper than the spring rates.

http://albany.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=59&subAreaID=&query=gore+&catAbb=sss
Reply | Threaded
|

ski2moro
In reply to this post by sudsnbumps
Doesn't affect me one way or the other, but I still think it is the right thing for Gore to do.

How quickly we forget that last year, many were all worried about Gore not being able to stay open all week due to NYS budget concerns.  Many were concerned enough not to purchase season passes - what if Gore shut down during the week?  Or reduced lift operations? OR closed part of the mountain and we didn't get our money's worth?  The question was asked, "What if Gore did not stay open during the week?  What happens to the people who purchase season passes?  Can they get a refund?"

I'm not asking for a refund, it's been a great season.  I'm just sayin' - if it doesn't COST Gore anything to do it, why don't they just do the right thing and let the weekday people feel like they are getting a deal instead of the shaft?
Reply | Threaded
|

Michaeltokyo
If this was a private area, they would give you the same answer. If it was my business, I'd say the same.  You got a discount on your pass because of the mid-week restrictions.  If they close mid week during a big snow season, isn't that your risk, instead of an entitlement to ski late season weekends?   And lots of areas close at the end of the season when there's plenty of snow because everyone coming to the mountain is a pass holder.
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
ski2moro wrote
Doesn't affect me one way or the other, but I still think it is the right thing for Gore to do.

How quickly we forget that last year, many were all worried about Gore not being able to stay open all week due to NYS budget concerns.  Many were concerned enough not to purchase season passes - what if Gore shut down during the week?  Or reduced lift operations? OR closed part of the mountain and we didn't get our money's worth?  The question was asked, "What if Gore did not stay open during the week?  What happens to the people who purchase season passes?  Can they get a refund?"

I'm not asking for a refund, it's been a great season.  I'm just sayin' - if it doesn't COST Gore anything to do it, why don't they just do the right thing and let the weekday people feel like they are getting a deal instead of the shaft?
+1
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Michaeltokyo
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

Michaeltokyo
I don't make these decisions only my opinion. Take it up with Gore's management, not me. Since they are not likely to change their mind, I was trying to be helpful by showing some discount tix on Craigsllist. Post to which I replied is Deleted. I thought it was some kind of rebuttal. Sorry SB, hope we can still be Web friends.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowhunter
In reply to this post by Face4Me
I can see the logic in everyone's opinion on this topic.  Let me throw something else out there.  Gore already short changes the mid-week pass holders by limiting the number of lifts that they operate during most weeks which in turn reduces the number of trails that can be accessed.  As such I believe that allowing mid-week pass holders access to the mountain the last few weekends of the season might take some of the sting off the limited access that they have most of the year.  I've yet to find anyplace on the Gore website that warns potential mid-week pass buyers that this may happen.  This would be a showing of good will towards their customers.

Also, remember there are some people out there with very limited resources and when they buy a season pass they've committed themselves to that one mountain and they can not just up and go someplace else if their mountain closes mid-week or limits access mid-week.

I've been involved in customer service related capacities and I can never get over how blind most businesses are to the value of a little goodwill towards their customers.  I for one make a point of giving repeat business to those who make it obvious that they appreciate me as a customer even when they cost a little more.  I also make a point of sharing my positive AND negative experiences with others and in this digital day and age word travels fast!

Come on Gore, listen to the people!
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
Wow. What a thread. You bought a midweek pass. Deal with it. Gore is not doing anything new this year. They close midweek around now because very few people are skiing. A midweek pass right now is $399, a non-holiday is $565 and a full season is $720. If you want the last couple of weekends pay the extra $166.
Reply | Threaded
|

ski2moro
Um, no, I have a full pass. However, I still think that Gore should do the right thing and let the midweek passholders ski on the closing weekends, BECAUSE Gore is taking away their weekday skiing.
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
Why is it that people think that they should get something for free?  
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor

Reply | Threaded
|

Denis.N
In reply to this post by Darkside Shaman
Darkside Shaman wrote
Why is it that people think that they should get something for free?
no one who actually midweek pass holder expressed their displeasure here, yet it's a bad business decision
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
Denis.N wrote
no one who actually midweek pass holder expressed their displeasure here, yet it's a bad business decision
Why?