Gore computers and passes

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
29 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gore computers and passes

SIAWOL
I'm usually a pretty patient guy, but anybody else getting a little peeved Gore still hasn't ironed out the new computer system and season pass photos?

The three of us stopped at mountain in August to have our pics taken and were told they were switching computer programs and they would mail us our passes. I called last week to see where they were at and was told "we'll be mailing them out in a few days." Stopped at counter today and nothing was ready and in fact I had to have my pic taken again. Kids passes haven't been "processed yet", whatever that means. As traffic picks up, this could be a major thorn in the side if they don't get this problem fixed quick...
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gore computers and passes

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
I feel your pain.  Maybe not as a bad since we didn't have issues with our photos.

I was pretty persistent over the course of several calls to the pass office in October and November, asking about our pass status.

Not sure if that helped. I agree it wasn't easy.

One thing that many passholders value is the whole line-avoidance aspect of a pass. For us it's a real selling point.

This stuff diminished that a bit.

On the upside I don't think we're looking at this kind of thing again anytime soon.  When this is all straightened out WF, Gore and Bell should be on an improved system.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Pants
WPP
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by SIAWOL
For whatever reason, passes that were printed earlier in the year have a vertical profile and the ones issued over the weekend have a horizontal profile. All full season. Seems like they're ironing out some glitches.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

SIAWOL
WPP, indeed.

Another week, another trip to the ticket counter to stand in line to get paper tix as passes aren't ready yet.

I asked the lady at the counter if she thought the kids' season long passes (that were purchased months ago) would be processed before season long program starts next week. "Hopefully".

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Pants
Pants wrote
WPP
I had to look it up.  If that's the criteria I think we have to shut the whole forum down.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
PC version = 1st world problem
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
It might be a 1st world problem, but man, they had 7 months to figure this out over the summer... I'm a little upset. I love Gore, but it's hard to defend them over this... People paid a lot of money, and they're not getting what they paid for - seems like a weak way to run a business. But, I guess it's typical Adirondacks. Sometimes, I guess you just have to adjust your expectations...
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
CONTENTS DELETED
Reply | Threaded
|

SIAWOL
Week 3 at the counter--passes still weren't ready. They took both kids' pics right there. Took 15 minutes. Ugh.

And worst photos/processing I've ever seen. We like to collect our passes--this year will be the ones that go down as  the "out of focus, too much light, and stretched out of proportion" year...

At least half the families at season-long still didn't have any passes...just paper tickets.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
When I was there a few days ago, the lady told us it wasn't messed up.

" Oh, really ! " I exclaimed.

A few more miss steps..

" Not messed up, huh? "

" No. " she snidely replied and then quickly pulled out her condescending attitude complete with smirking.

On it went. More screwing up.

" Sooooo, you're sure it's not messed up ? "

Hehehe.
Reply | Threaded
|

Footer
Walked in and got mine earlier this week with no issue.  Picture taken, printed, and done in 5 minutes.  

And yes... the pictures are all out of proportion.  
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by DackerDan
DackerDan wrote
I keep telling myself, stay positive, don't be critical.
I think it's time to start being critical...
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
CONTENTS DELETED
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
At a certain point, it just wears you down. I realize you and I disagree on mountain employee's pay (you're fine with it, I think it should be increased). But add the low pay, the lack of discount in the bar (that everyone gets at Whiteface), the poor implementation of this computer system, the lack of pro room anywhere close to the lodge (or anywhere at all right now), the increased responsibility because of less workers (and having to turn away paying customers sometimes because there is not enough staff to cover lessons), the lack of appreciation, the increased expectations for the staff (while staff is constantly let down by the mountain), the new rules every year (don't ski backwards!)... Add that together, and I start to question whether it's all worth it.

I love actually doing the job, but it's all the stuff outside of the job that annoys me. It doesn't seem hard to keep employees happy, but sometimes it seems that they go out of their way to make it a miserable working environment. I'm going to reevaluate at the end of this season, but it might be time for me to move on.
Reply | Threaded
|

TomCat
In reply to this post by DackerDan
I was able to pick up my pass Saturday. The line was pretty long early, so we took 1 day tickets and returned around lunch time. Smooth sailing at that time.

tom
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
May be it is time to ditch the little league and head up the road to the majors
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
tjf1967 wrote
May be it is time to ditch the little league and head up the road to the majors
Haha, I've considered it... Damn ice, wind, and cold, though.

Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
Totally agree with Matt.  I've already decided to cut back my commitment.  I'm just so busy with work that my time is super valuable to me this season.  I also want to make sure I can see all my sons races.

The rumor going around up here is that there is only one pass printer in all of orda that can print employee passes and it's currently at Gore.

if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time