Gore lift problems

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
24 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gore lift problems

TomCat
Does anyone know about the lift problems this weekend?
Saturday, the Gondi was down for 3-4 hours. AE2went down for about 30 minutes. Sunday, straight brook was down all afternoon. Maybe just some bad luck.

Tom
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gore lift problems

adkskier
...or lack of a thorough preventive maintenance program. The gondola was an issue that could have been avoided. It caused issues Friday and Saturday. Being sure to make fair comparisons' I've skied for a long time at Gore (avg 40 days/season) for a number of years. I skied similar seasons at several other ski areas and never experienced lift failures of similar frequency. The one bit of good news is that the failures are most often of a nature that allows them to unload the lift normally before shutting down.
I Think, Therefore I Ski
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
I'm going to get this very wrong but here's the transaltion I heard:  Gondi- had to shut down because there was a plate that needed adjusting... It was causing the cable wheels to wear- to save the life of the wheels they had to shut down and adjust some plate.

The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

Hoser
and today the WF gondi has "mechanical issues"
Reply | Threaded
|

ausable skier
In reply to this post by adkskier
adkskier wrote
...or lack of a thorough preventive maintenance program. The gondola was an issue that could have been avoided. It caused issues Friday and Saturday. Being sure to make fair comparisons' I've skied for a long time at Gore (avg 40 days/season) for a number of years. I skied similar seasons at several other ski areas and never experienced lift failures of similar frequency. The one bit of good news is that the failures are most often of a nature that allows them to unload the lift normally before shutting down.
Totally agree

Orda defers lift maintenance in ways that no privately run business would ever consider on thier most important capital assets.  This causes more lift down time than any other ski areas in the country.  The power issues from last week were not Orda's fault but these mechanical issues are.

I'm also noticing that the lifts are not ready to load at 8:30 anymore.  Been loading 10 to 15 mins late.  There just is no excuse for that.  That needs to get fixed ASAP before the Holidays.

I see that that Troll Noah is gone.  Maybe I will check in a little more often now.
A true measure of a person's intelligence is how much they agree with you.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
snoloco wrote
you need to visit Mountain Creek.
Not gonna happen.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by snoloco
All your posts could be a 1000 ways why Mountain Creek sucks thread
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
In reply to this post by ausable skier
ausable skier wrote
Totally agree

Orda defers lift maintenance in ways that no privately run business would ever consider on thier most important capital assets.  This causes more lift down time than any other ski areas in the country.  The power issues from last week were not Orda's fault but these mechanical issues are.

I'm also noticing that the lifts are not ready to load at 8:30 anymore.  Been loading 10 to 15 mins late.  There just is no excuse for that.  That needs to get fixed ASAP before the Holidays.

I see that that Troll Noah is gone.  Maybe I will check in a little more often now.
On Sat and Sunday this past weekend at Gore the gondola was loading around 8:10 and the AE2 was loading a few minutes later.

Welcome back.
Reply | Threaded
|

ausable skier
In reply to this post by skimore
Sno

I don't see how what essentially is a work place accident damaging a lift has to do with deferring maintenance

Do you have a lot of down time there at Mountain Creek?  

You have lots of freeze thaws down there which plays havoc with HSQ's

The late loafing has been at WF.  Does your Gondi at Gore start loading for the public before 8:30?
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
ausable skier wrote
adkskier wrote
Totally agree

Mr. positive is back. Don't you consider yourself a troll?

There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

Hoser
Anybody know why the WF gondi down again today since 10am?
Anybody know why they do not open the racer chair, or one of the Mt Run lifts, instead forcing midweek skiers to stay on the FaceLift?
Anybody know why it was down yesterday?
I get that I missed out on last week's powder due to power issues, while supporting the LP economy instead. That was out of WF control.  But this week?  Any not running other chairs to supplement?  Don't tell me its a "lift operator training skill set"

Anybody?
Reply | Threaded
|

ausable skier
In reply to this post by Highpeaksdrifter
It's not trolling if it's true

And as I write this WF Gondi is again down on a non windy day.  Just saying

Sounds like Hoser isn't too pleased either

I wondered how long it would take for someone to start the Aussie bashing
Reply | Threaded
|

Hoser
Harv can this string be renamed Gore and Whiteface lift problems?  
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
WF and Gore's gondolas are both 1 year younger than MC's detachables.  MC's lifts are starting to show their age, so I would think that WF and Gore's gondolas will as well.  Looks like that's what's happening now.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
ausable skier wrote
It's not trolling if it's true

And as I write this WF Gondi is again down on a non windy day.  Just saying

Sounds like Hoser isn't too pleased either

I wondered how long it would take for someone to start the Aussie bashing
You can't escape from the disdain
 Your heart, your pain
 Your drama is lame
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
WF and Gore's gondolas are both 1 year younger than MC's detachables.  MC's lifts are starting to show their age, so I would think that WF and Gore's gondolas will as well.  Looks like that's what's happening now.
I'd really like to learn more about the Creeks lift system. Please fill me in. The more detail the better.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
snoloco wrote
I'd really like to learn more about the Creeks lift system. Please fill me in. The more detail the better.
Please don't do that
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Hpd, you sound upset,,,,,, lift caused crankiness ?

Hey Aussie !
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
In reply to this post by Z
Coach Z wrote
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
snoloco wrote
Please don't do that
hmm, hpd i think i may understand your interest in all the details  about mc
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.