funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hey, nice new head banner

Harvey
Administrator
Thanks Benny.  

Been struggling trying to find an image.  I've taken about 15,000 pictures since I started blogging in 2007 and still I couldn't really find an image that I was really satisfied with.  With the excitement in WV, Kmart opening, TRs getting posted I knew it was time to do something, so I went with what I had. It is growing on me.

Still open to images from other photogs, if anyone has something that they want to send along.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

70s Gore Kid
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Syracuse, NY
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
I believe it's looking out to the Siamese Ponds wilderness area from the top of Topridge, just after it turns to the right, splitting from the lift line.
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
Eleventh Mountain
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Eleventh from Topridge it is.  For me that's counter intuitive as I always THINK I'm looking east off Topridge and I think of Eleventh as being off to the south.

Really you are looking SSE and Eleventh runs from the SSW to the SSE across that view.  I guess that means at that point you are looking south.

11th is an awesome mountain. Great convenient beautiful bushwacks.

Work and Sandy have been crazy and I'm having trouble with the header and the image is actually cut off.  Here is what I was shooting for, it gives a clearer idea of where the image was taken from.

This may be temporary. I have some other images I'm considering. Just felt like I had to get a winter image up.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
11th mnt totally rocks

I've spent countless hours there hunting, camping, fishing (some of the best native brookies EVER), hiking, sledding, riding horse, skiing, sledding, and just plain exploring all that Ma Natch has to offer.

11th was the backyard at my grandparents house

Their original "Old Homestead" is now a bed and breakfast (last i knew) up on Edwards Hill Rd-----part of me wants to go stay there but another part of me says not too.

Anyway, I totally dig the pic, nice job Harv.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Camp... we must talk. We got stomping grounds in common!  The BC skiing in the Siamese is largely possible courtesy of the well maintained hunter's routes.

Met some very cool hunter peeps out there.  You have a camp in the woods or base out of your grandparents?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
For sure!!! We'll chat over a beer at Gore this winter, few of us will be up for a quick weekend when there's good snow.

Actually have 2 camps in the area to stay at. My cuz has a camp still on Edwards Hill Rd, and my unk has a camp on Barton Mines Rd we can stay at. As far as hunting we'd always go back into Bog Meadow and stay back in there---what a spot!!! If you met any old timers back in there I'll bet they knew my Gdad for sure, pretty small town.

Being you know the area maybe you've heard of Earl Allen...he's best known for his Adirondack Rakes he makes and is a cousing to my Gdad......http://olsonfarlow.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Culture-of-the-Adirondacks-in-New-York/G00000GUdiE7HZ_k/I0000yjZykUsPdOA
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
I want to buy a couple of them rakes.  I bust them cheap plastic ones real easy.  I rake like a man possessed!  Where does this old timer sell them?

Can I stay at one of your camps this season, CampHookedUp?

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
ScottyJack wrote
I want to buy a couple of them rakes.  I bust them cheap plastic ones real easy.  I rake like a man possessed!  Where does this old timer sell them?

Can I stay at one of your camps this season, CampHookedUp?
Bakersmills

yup, as part of the tribe U and yours can stay at camp anytime u want--only prollum is there is NO indoor plumbing, toilet seat hangs on a nail behind the woodstove, not sure if a "pretty boy" like U can handle that

p.s. those rakes are made for hay not leaves...some rake boy U R....bababahahahwhwhwhahahahah
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
I'll post some Eleventh Mountain love:  That big cascading waterfall that is visible from Baker's Mills/Rte 8 on the NE shoulder of the mountain is a great visual gauge for how much water is in the East Br. Sacandaga drainage and the Glen/Mill/North Creek complex.  Lots of water visible=a day with a lot of fun potential!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
witch hobble wrote
I'll post some Eleventh Mountain love:  That big cascading waterfall that is visible from Baker's Mills/Rte 8 on the NE shoulder of the mountain is a great visual gauge for how much water is in the East Br. Sacandaga drainage and the Glen/Mill/North Creek complex.  Lots of water visible=a day with a lot of fun potential!
DUDE, standing at the top of that is just amazing!!! The folks that lived in the house right below that we're friends of the family. We'd hike "over the mountain" to go and visit them, seemed like it would take all day. Too bad there was no such thing as digital cameras back then.

post them pics!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
<yup, as part of the tribe U and yours can stay at camp anytime u want--only prollum is there is NO indoor plumbing, toilet seat hangs on a nail behind the woodstove, not sure if a "pretty boy" like U can handle that <smiley image="anim_blbl.gif"/>
CampTrapDoor, You are confussing me w/ someone else.  I'm tough as nails!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
In reply to this post by witch hobble
witch hobble wrote
for WW boating or something else I'm missing?
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
stay and ski
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
freeheeln wrote
stay and ski
yup, that's the plan

we're only 2.5 hrs away so gonna watch the snow and try to hit it when the trees are in play

maybe even try and get the assclowns down there too

i want everyone around when i kick the bageezusbells out of SJ on the foose
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
trees are always in play some times they are even skiable
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I dig it
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
No pics.  Does that waterfall have a name?  I couldn't get much google play out of it.
I've only been over the southern shoulder on the Siamese Pond trail and a bit around Diamond brook.

There is a very cool, frontier-like quality to Bakers Mills.  Dogtown.