classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
183 messages Options
1 ... 78910
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hickory Conditions

raisingarizona
Yup, natural snowfall is pretty darn key to even justify the needed maintenance every year. The article talks about running a school of sorts to teach back country techniques and that the business I was referring to. How the heck would that be possible with unreliable snowfall unless the people invested in it aren’t concerned about personal finances?

That’s how a place like Telluride has a helicopter skiing operation. It’s more of a hobby for the owners than a make it or break it sort of situation.

Things change, the world is in constant flux. I don’t really feel “sad” about ski areas closing. It is what it is and the reality now is that a lot of ski areas aren’t going to be surviving much longer.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
Yeah - saw the school thing, but not sure that would be sustainable or regular.  Certainly not a good source of income IMO.

They also mentioned getting liability waived so they could allow people to ski there so that I assume would mean some kind of "come when there's snow" hiking and skiing.  I don't assume that would be free though.
sig
Reply | Threaded
|

sig
I can't read the post article so I am coming in kind of blind. Just came across this on FB https://vtskiandride.com/old-ski-hill-becomes-new-backcountry/

not sure you can get the state on board. but anything is possible.
1 ... 78910