The author has deleted this message.
Syracuse, NY
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Honda, Hyundai or Subaru?

campgottagopee
70s Gore Kid wrote
OMG:  Someone on Harvey Road bought a Pontiac Aztec.  Condolences.
Dang, that was good.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by JasonWx
I bought a Honda Civic Ex today..if anyone cares
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
JasonWx wrote
Congrats!!! Getting a new car is fun.....enjoy.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
JasonWx wrote
You owe it to the posters in this thread to ski again this year, so we can have the beta on how it performs as a ski car.

Oh yea ... THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS.  Let's see it!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
if it snows tomorrow i'll be sure to test it out

went strictly for mileage and price(value)...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Hudsonhiker
You're good with the Civic. My wife and I have had 2 Civics. My daugther had one, a new 1997 right after college that she picked me up in for years to ski at Gore. We called it Sam the ski bus. My business has had 3 Civics for delivery cars dating back to 1982. Very reliable  very good milage even fun to drive. Have fun with your new toy.
Reply | Threaded
|

adkskier
You'll probably do fine running all season tires year round, but a set (that's 4) of good snow tires such as Nokian Hakapalita's or Vredestein's will make a big difference in your winter driving confidence. While you're at it, spring for a set of wheels (even steel wheels) to keep them mounted up. My friends always resist the expense, but every one of them that have gone this route have commented that they wished they had spent the $$ sooner. Both of the brands I mentioned are higher end tires, but you can do very well buying on-line. After I give my local mechanic a chance to source them at a competitive price, I buy them and have them shipped directly to the shop to reduce the hassle factor.
I Think, Therefore I Ski
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
thanks for the snow tire advice...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
So ... after a seven page thread ... do we get to see a picture of this vehicle? Maybe a report on how it's doing so far? MPG?

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
ok..i bought a honda civic back in april..i hated it, lots of highway noise a real tin can..it got 25 city and 38hwy
i sold the car with 4k miles on it for exactly what i bought for   on july 2 and bought a subie legacy. i love this car..mileage so far is 23city and 35 hwy..not a lot of difference , but the cars are a world a part..sorry no pics
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
JasonWx wrote
..mileage so far is 23city and 35 hwy

Epa rating is 30mpg. You're really getting 35 out of it?! 2.5L I'm guessing?
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
yep it's the 2.5..the the numbers are correct..i was pleasantly surprised by the highway  numbers..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
JasonWx wrote
yep it's the 2.5..the the numbers are correct..i was pleasantly surprised by the highway  numbers..
Is that the number the car read out is giving you or are you calculating actual miles driven per gallons consumed at fill ups? Most car computers over estimate.
Reply | Threaded
|

Goreskimom
Subarus rule.
Reply | Threaded
|

andrec10
I got a 2011 Subaru Outback for work a month ago. It is averaging 31mpg on the highway! I dont have a light foot either! Not to shabby for a fairly large vehicle. Mind you, the engine is till new and I dont have Synthetic in it yet, so it will get better!
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by riverc0il
the car computer says 36mpg..my math was 35...that is with cruise on doing 69mph..
yes it's babying it,driving 75 i got 33mpg..still impressive for a big sedan with awd..by the way the car has a automatic trans
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
JasonWx wrote
ok..i bought a honda civic back in april..i hated it, lots of highway noise a real tin can..it got 25 city and 38hwy
i sold the car with 4k miles on it for exactly what i bought for   on july 2 and bought a subie legacy. i love this car..mileage so far is 23city and 35 hwy..not a lot of difference , but the cars are a world a part..sorry no pics
Glad you've seen the light
Reply | Threaded
|

TomCat
I believe the legacy has a continuously variable transmission and that helps with the mileage. Legacy does better on fuel than the smaller impreza (at least until the 2012 comes out).

I finally ditched my Aztek and bought a 4WD rav4. Only 100 miles on it so I can't comment much on the vehicle other than it is similar to a forester and CRV.

tom
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
i was thinking about the impreza outback sport,  but the legacy is much bigger and nicer car for the same money but with much better mileage..
"Peace and Love"