How to Control Access to the Whiteface Slides?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
104 messages Options
1 ... 3456
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to Control Access to the Whiteface Slides?

Phatty Tumor
Banned User
HPD for the MFin' win!

Somewhere, Noah John smiles.

This thread is so marvelously stupid.  
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
How the hell do you come up with these names

Phatty Tumor   ---- LOL
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
I took a couple of lift rides with never-evers over the course of the weekend.  Each time they were wondering what the Slides were like, and debating which one to take.  Of course I took the opportunity to make sure they were aware of the hazards, and to give a little friendly route finding advice.  So many see Slide 1 as the best option (it looks so tame from the top), but I explained to them about the ice falls, and the need to traverse left to 2 unless they were comfortable with tight spots, frozen waterfalls, and air time.
A little local advice for JTG
If you traverse left to slide 2 you end up back in Slide 1 with the frozen waterfalls
What you meant was cut over to the new slide (choose name from 3a 2b or Irene.)

Before the new slide opened up there was a definite path to cut to 3 which was my preferred route but I find now the path is pretty darn tight if you can even find it which means you end up bushwhacking.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Call it what you will....I told them if they took 1 to cut left into the area that is below the new Slide, or 2b, when they started to get down near the ice falls on 1.  Do that and you can’t end up back on 1.  Yes, a little bit of bushwhack is possible, but it’s doable, and better for most than Superman-being to a compound fracture is the ice falls!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
1 ... 3456