Open this post in threaded view
|

Hunter Conditions (2012-2013)

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Email today from Hunter:

Hello from Hunter Mountain!

I know the burning question that is on everyone's mind- "When are you going to be open?"  Unfortunately I do not have a definitive answer. In the early season cold weather comes in waves. Up to this point, daytime temperatures have not allowed us to make snow. We are holding out for the next cold spell which looks like it will arrive the week following Thanksgiving.  If everything pans out we will look at opening for the following weekend. Trust me, as soon as we know you will know.

In the meantime, we have extended our deadline for the Big Lift Card,  You now have until November 30th to purchase with the free lift ticket or two preloaded on your card.  If you thought you missed out, no worries.  There is still time, so pick yours up today!  We have the 3X Card available for sale as well. Just scroll down to the bottom of this page and get three days of skiing or riding (non-holiday) for just $119.  They make great gifts!

The Sports and Expeditions Center is going to be running a Black Friday deal...Get 50% off all men's and ladies 11/12 winter jackets and all 11/12 skis and boots.  Make yourself a leftover turkey sandwhich and then head over to the retail shop for some great deals on gear.

If you are like me and online holiday shopping is more your style, give the gift of skiing or riding.  On Cyber Monday we will be offering 50% off the cost of Single Pak (original retail $79; limit 4 per customer). The Single Pak gets you a lower mountain lift ticket, equipment rental and group lesson....more info here.  It's a great deal and a great gift for someone 13 and older looking to get into the sport.

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving holiday from your family at Hunter Mountain!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hunter Conditions

Harvey
Administrator
From Trista:

"Just letting you know that we will be open this Saturday with top-to-bottom skiing for advanced skiers and riders." 

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Saturday 12/15
Beautiful day at Hunter. Even with the warm temps Hunter was able to offer top to bottom skiing on 3 trails. Mainline (Hell Gate), Minya konka and the Belt.  Minya was awful, but the other two were great. Pretty empty too..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
"2012 ended on a high note with over 20 inches of snow dumped on us from the latest series of snowstorms and cold temperatures that have allowed the snowmakers to expand in a hurry.  We have over 80% of our terrain open AND we are making snow on Westway and K27 as I write this.  That's right, Westway is getting a fresh coat of snow from our snowmaking team and we are looking forward to opening it soon. Stay tuned for more information. We will continue to expand as long as the temperatures permit."
Reply | Threaded
|

scottski63
K27 Was so good today.  Big crowd for a Wednesday.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Just read Hunter is blowing Westway(44). In my 36yrs of skiing there, i've only seen them do that once. A  ski patrol friend also said, they will probably not blow Purna this year..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
Hunter sent out an email 2 days ago annoucing that they had the guns running on Westway. I think they have realized that there is not enough slope without Westway to handle the capacity of the HSQ. This is great news.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey44 wrote
"2012 ended on a high note with over 20 inches of snow dumped on us from the latest series of snowstorms and cold temperatures that have allowed the snowmakers to expand in a hurry.  We have over 80% of our terrain open AND we are making snow on Westway and K27 as I write this.  That's right, Westway is getting a fresh coat of snow from our snowmaking team and we are looking forward to opening it soon. Stay tuned for more information. We will continue to expand as long as the temperatures permit."
Reply | Threaded
|

Jensen1031
In reply to this post by JasonWx
Hi, Ive been a long time reader, but this is my first post. I actually emailed the "black hole" that is Hunter's comments section regarding Annapurna. Does anyone know why they never blow snow on it. Ive been going there close to 20 years, usually 15-20 days a year and have only been on that run a handful of times. What gives? Thanks. Looking forward to posting trip reports soon.
Reply | Threaded
|

scottski63
Westway skied well today if you stayed left on the fence line.Snowmakers have kicked ass this week.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Anyone get on the hill today?
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
i saw they were blowing..i will be there on Sat
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

scottski63
Hunter skied nicely today . It's  amazing what a few inche of fresh snow will do. I just wish I had skied yesterday to make note of the bare spots. I guess thats why god created p-tex.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by scottski63
Saturday 1/19
Hunter was in full on Zoo mode..
I have realized that people are stupid or sheep. Everyone was on the 6pack line, while the C lift (triple ) was ski on. The snow was amazing. Skied Racer's /Ike's all day. I hate the bumps, but even they skied well, K27 wasn't even icy.
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Hunter was very cold today, but with soft snow everywhere.

Reply | Threaded
|

skisheep
Hunter was suprisingly good today, they still have a huge base on almost all trails, and are blowing snow like crazy on the west side. Some ice during the later part of the day, but easily avoidable, Highlights include Jimmy Huega Express, Clair's, East Side Drive and Eisenhower Drive. Crowds were managable, most likely due to it being super bowl sunday, but even on a regular weekend stay off 6 pack and you shouldn't have too much of a problem.

-skisheep
ORDA and New England Passholder. If it's fast, it's probably fun.
2014-2015 season days
Whiteface: 2
Sunday River: 4
Loon: 2
Hunter: 1
Belleayre: 1
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Sorry we missed you skisheep!

I felt like the place was practically deserted.

Tons of snow everywhere, at least on the trails. No snow to speak of in the woods.

Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
Friday's storm left 8" maybe 10" of blower on a hard surface.
Was left un-groomed..  Bluebird day.
Wind exposed trails were pretty slick with drifts.  
Super fluffy bumps were easy to ride and setup really nice.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
I heard today they had their busiest day in 10yrs..

"Peace and Love"