classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
104 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I want you all to know...

PeeTex
campgottagopee wrote
I was one 2x4x8 short for a little project at home. I should've gone to the real lumber yard but Lowe's is closer to me. I handled at least a dozen pieces before I found one I could live with.
You should hear my Dad talk about lumber these days. Holy!!
It’s been at least 15 years since I tried to find a decent 2x4 - can’t imagine the crap they are selling these days. Think of the value of the time you spend sorting through garbage to find a few good pieces.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I've added another chore to my list of things I can't stand to do:

Drywall work. Drywall, weed eating , and painting. Those 3 things suck.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
campgottagopee wrote

LOL
just paint another room yesterday..
my taping and spackle skills suck...I knew a guy that was so good , he didn't even have sandpaper in his truck..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I hear ya! I'm doing 2 of the things I can't stand to do. One more sand then coat of mud today. Sand and paint tomorrow. God I hate it! LOL

At least I'll be outside working on snowmobile trails this afternoon. Chainsaws and wheelers, that's more my speed.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
instead of sanding try a using a wet sponge..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951
In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
campgottagopee wrote

LOL
just paint another room yesterday..
my taping and spackle skills suck...I knew a guy that was so good , he didn't even have sandpaper in his truck..
The key to drywall finish work is remixing the mud with water before application.
"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
^^^^^ This. Makes it thin. I think the sponge should be just damp. At times I joke that I'm not a taper, more of a sander.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote

Depends on what kind of weed you're eating.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
There’s a Married With Children marathon on right now. It’s on Logo - channel 187 on my Fios. They don’t make em like that anymore. I suggest everybody block out a couple of hours.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Brownski wrote
There’s a Married With Children marathon on right now. It’s on Logo - channel 187 on my Fios. They don’t make em like that anymore. I suggest everybody block out a couple of hours.
lol
my wife has me cleaning and organizing..hope this ends soon..i need to get back to work..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Lot of commercials on Logo it turns out
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Brownski
I finally gave in and started watching Tiger King on Netflix and wow, it's "crazy animal guy" documentary mixed with "polygamy guy" documentary mixed with "cult guy" documentary..

It is enthralling.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
MC2 5678F589 wrote
I finally gave in and started watching Tiger King on Netflix and wow, it's "crazy animal guy" documentary mixed with "polygamy guy" documentary mixed with "cult guy" documentary..

It is enthralling.
I’m holding back until the cabin fever really kicks in. That one looks like a whole different level of crazy.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951
In reply to this post by Johnnyonthespot
Johnnyonthespot wrote
^^^^^ This. Makes it thin. I think the sponge should be just damp. At times I joke that I'm not a taper, more of a sander.
What sponge? I'm talking about the initial application of mud through the 3 coats. No sponge involved there.
"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Marcski
Marcski wrote
campgottagopee wrote

Depends on what kind of weed you're eating.
Rt on 👍
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
Excuse me, but I actually cleaned up the mold on my bedroom windows yesterday.  The white trim that came with the modular actually looks kind of nice when cleaned up.

Next up is dusting.  Top that!

These things are why I think I fail as typical woman.  My horse's stall is immaculate.  I sweep the barn aisle daily.  And yet, somehow, if I manage to get both the house (all 1000 sq ft) vacuumed and the bathroom cleaned on the same weekend, I am impressed with myself.  

Meanwhile, I was out it the rain, mist and twilight setting up step in fence posts and electric tape to portion off the part of the pasture that I normally ride in.  It's good and muddy right now, and the ponies will destroy it if it's not fenced off.

Priorities...

WP
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I'm officially a weekend warrior. I've taken a new position within our company that allows me to work Monday through Friday. I haven't had that for 30yrs, couldn't be happier or more excited. I don't think it's really sunk in yet.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
campgottagopee wrote
I'm officially a weekend warrior. I've taken a new position within our company that allows me to work Monday through Friday. I haven't had that for 30yrs, couldn't be happier or more excited. I don't think it's really sunk in yet.
I just took a job that is Sunday-Thurs..

That's kind of been my schedule for the last 24 yrs or so.. Before all this shit went down I did have a m-f gig for 3 months..but things change..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote

This is big.  Must be a significant change in job since I always assumed Saturday was kind of a big deal in your business.

And of course even bigger, those of us who are flatlanders coming from afar, can ski GP on Saturday and celebrate with Camp, in a relaxed fashion in Trax, without the nagging pressure to cut things short on Sunday evening.

Good on ya bro!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
It is a big change. No more sales. In a nutshell I'll be the main buyer for both our dealerships. It's a bit of a cut in pay, but that's never been my main driving factor anyway. I feel refreshed and have a spring in my step again.

Good for your new job as well Jason.