163 messages Options
1 ... 3456789
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jay Peak Conditions

Sick Bird Rider
freeheeln wrote
Foggy start got even foggier.Headed to Jet side first, Jet, Haynes corned up nicely. UN, Derrick's not groomed had a bit of a funk. Moved to Bonnie, Kitz, Milk, Montrealer, Goat all groomed creamy but with large sheets of flow that were edgeable. The tram treated us with the same thing. The Freezer was not running? Hopped in some woods, if you could stay in the track ( didnt ) was ok otherwise punky / manky. Can Am is toast, Liftline Powerline well on their way skiable if careful. If it's not warm it looks like a rugged day..
Wow, that changed quickly. If you are there tomorrow (Friday) look for Jonny Jay and Pudd.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Speaking of changing quickly, this just in from Pudd, after skiing at jay today:

Pudd wrote
You definitely had the snow only groomers open now
Bullet proof ice wet snow water ice crystals mud we had it all today
ROD got air on the Grammy Jay bridge
Line of the day - I was talking to a lifty while waiting for the Bonnie to open 9:15am he looks at me and says:

"looks like the ski patrol are bogarting all the good runs for themselves"
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Thacheronix
Bogart patrol huh? Tough break
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Left Saratoga 6am.  Skied till last chair.  Primo spring conditions, great coverage. Some woods skiable but very variable.  Flyer down for the day.  Jet and Haynes were deluxe. Lots of hooting from the chair.  Day went something like Bonnie Tram Jet Jet Jet Jet Jet Bonnie Bonnie Jet.  Or something like that.  

Me skiing Jet:

Gonna do it all again tomorrow if the weather cooperates.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Very nice. Lucky you.
Reply | Threaded
|

SalSal
Such a rad powder day! Super excited to be here these days after yesterday's snow storm 8h drive! 40min Tram line, and pretty crowded but deep snow in the glades is unbeatable!

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
^^YES!

This vid by MattyC is so nice...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNo3G_uDIZd/

If Jay has to get 18 inches for Gore or Plattekill to get 6, I'll take it.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
My brother (AKA Jonny Jay) skied Jay yesterday and today. He was too busy skiing yesterday to take picture but did send these from today.

The often-icy pitch on Ullr's Dream looking very nice, even when viewed sideways (I can't explain, the image is right-side up on my laptop).

And of course, Ullr's is on the way to Andre's:

My nephew and I are heading down there next Thursday, hope he saves us some snow.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
This post was updated on .
Just back from three ski days at Jay. There is LOTS of snow there. The skiing was fantastic every day, and each day was different. More later.

Jonny Jay in Timbuktu earlier today:

Reply | Threaded
|

bumps
With today's 6-8, Jay Peak is reporting 474 inches YTD. Has anyone been fact-checking that?
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
Seems a bit exaggerated... the central Cascade powerhouse, Stevens only has 429 to date...

Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
That's what everyone says about Jay peak. They get a shit ton of snow. I'm certain it's not far off  they are  close to 400.
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
In reply to this post by nepa
Sounds about right to me. I used up all my Jay vouchers in December and even paid walk up twice, I think they had to have had almost 200" by January 1st. I had a boot, knee, and thigh deep day each at Jay in December and new year's was off the hook. February storm was measured in feet and March has been going off. Check out the Mansfield stake... if it wasn't for the meltdowns and rain/freeze events, this season would be all time for many skiers. Smuggs and Stowe both reporting around 360". Some folks will never believe the data but I've seen it and I've also seen Jay reporting to be extremely accurate and I've occasionally seen some underreporting. I wish more people didn't believe the data... goodness knows Jay has gotten a lot busier in recent years...
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
What he said ^^.

After skiing there last weekend, I can assure you that there is a lot of snow there. Now there is more.
Reply | Threaded
|

MikePom
So Monday we are skiing Jay and from what I'm reading and seeing, it looks like they picked up almost 2' in the past week.  If anyone can report on what the mountain is looking like over the weekend it would be really appreciated.
Reply | Threaded
|

MikePom
So we skied Jay yesterday and it was amazing.  Incredible amounts of creamy snow, so much that you really had to look hard for a bare spot.  We were skiing lines in the glades that were still untouched from the last storm and the snow had settled down to a blanket of buttery soft, creamy consistency that just let you glide through the toughs in the trees.  Amazing lines, no crowds, but surprisingly populated for a Monday.

We decided to venture up again this week, Thursday and Friday for sure, its too good to be true and we have a feeling it might be the season closer on Friday with the pending rain at Gore.
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
Cool!  We're thinking about heading there for 23 April.  My annual visit to my skiing alma mater.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
My brother took this picture yesterday. The Can Am looks a little sporty, I'd say:

Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
The best conditions seem to be below the roof line.  

Lift Line, Power Line and Quai don't look any better.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
D.B. Cooper wrote
The best conditions seem to be below the roof line.  

Lift Line, Power Line and Quai don't look any better.
Agreed. Jonny Jay did report that Queen's Highway was pretty sweet.
1 ... 3456789