classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
41 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

July 4th weekend

campgottagopee
Who's doing what??

I'm heading to the annual Becker Wrecker. Party started yesterday and will go until Tuesday -- WOOT
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: July 4th weekend

Brownski
Okay, I'm intrigued. What's the Becker Wrecker.? I can guess but I need some details. What kind of recovery time are we talking? The Brownskis don't have much happening. Burgers and beers locally. I'll probably get out in my kayak at some point. That's about it.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Becker Wrecker is a July 4th party that a buddy of mine has been putting on for years. It's a real knock down drag out good time!!! Beers, booze, fishing, shooting trap, wheeler and tractor rides, fireworks, all kinds of dead deer cooking on an open pit BBQ, pig roast one day, oh and we have Ten Man Push, the Official Band of Motocross, playing as well

Go big or go home!!! It's just what we do.....

Recovery time???? Not sure, exactly. It gets to be more and more each year

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
After an insane drive to the mountains yesterday we are staying close to home...

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Golf, Boat, Beer repeat
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
Work, Work, and Work
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Sounds like a honkin  goooood time !!  Gonna be quiet here till our Seaway Festival week starting on the. 23 rd , then all hell breaks loose ,

We annually host a 8-9 day long fest for our adult kids and grandkids . We have 11 in the house for that period ,the queen has been cooking , baking and freezing stuff .i get the beer and am the fun camp director and chief zippidee dooodah .

nitely parties with them and their friends who are also home for the Festival week , parties , concerts , golf, biking , carnival for the kids , River cruise , parade and fireworks , some run in the Festival race , others participate in other competitive events .. Something every day and night for the full week and weekend .  Great time every yr
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Study time. Study time. And more study time. Ugh.

I'm writing this summer off unfortunately. The fast track Anatomy and Physiology course I'm taking is owning me. :(

Have fun yall! Happy holidays!

Sick pic Harv! Where is that?
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Ugh ! Hang in there Zona !!

Man  i remember a few summers being chained to the books doing masters and doctoral studies courses  , while the rest of  the troops were having fun  .  

But its is worth it ...just make some time for fun too .
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
warp daddy wrote
Ugh ! Hang in there Zona !!

Man  i remember a few summers being chained to the books doing masters and doctoral studies courses  , while the rest of  the troops were having fun  .  

But its is worth it ...just make some time for fun too .
I could not tell you the number of years I didn't have a break. Like WD, through grad school multiple times and then two startups - crazy life. I can't even remember all of it - it seems like another me. Now it's just a slow steady pace. Spending this 4th with some of the kids and grand kids. Will watch some of the local fireworks. Cooked dogs on the grill tonight - a 4th tradition.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Thanks Boys! I need to hear that.

I'm sort of just learning how to study for these more intense courses. I have always been a crammer but that doesn't really work when there is this much information. I've been told that these are the crux pre-requs and prepare you for nursing school so I keep telling myself that it's going to get better. With learning to study properly I'm also starting to figure out how to balance it with a little bit of fun. I think it will be better this coming semester when I'm not doing fast track courses.

I am enjoying the challenge and even the suffering at times. It's different but more challenging than anything that I have done ski related.
Reply | Threaded
|

Michaeltokyo
Rooftop party at 3 Sheridan Square, West Village in NYC for the fireworks.  
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
raisingarizona wrote
I'm sort of just learning how to study for these more intense courses. I have always been a crammer but that doesn't really work when there is this much information. I've been told that these are the crux pre-requs and prepare you for nursing school so I keep telling myself that it's going to get better. With learning to study properly I'm also starting to figure out how to balance it with a little bit of fun. I think it will be better this coming semester when I'm not doing fast track courses.
I hate to break this to you, but if you plan on being a nurse - the boards are very difficult and in many ways your class work may not adequately prepare you. A Kaplan coarse or the Lippincott's study guide are very helpful. You are liable to fail it once and possibly several times but keep trying and working with the review material and you will get through it.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
RA that is the view from Balm of Gilead Cliffs looking into the Siamese Ponds Wilderness.

Shout out to North Creek. Nice job on the fireworks last night!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
CJ
Reply | Threaded
|

CJ
In reply to this post by Harvey
This is a great site and I spent much of the winter checking conditions in our favorite ski areas (Hunter/Whiteface).  I thought the site would shut down for the summer, but it is awesome that you keep things going to highlight the wide range of outdoor activities that are located just a few hours north of us.  I really liked the picture on this post and was wondering if you could let me know what area this is?  
Thanks
CJ
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
It's Derby day!  NYC FC vs. NY Red Bulls at Yankee Stadium.  

Beer, burgers and fireworks later.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
 ZOna : Just hang tuff, adult students often experience these same angsts about study. However in my experience Adult , non traditional aged students OFTEN blossom and become the finest students in class once. you realize that YOU CAN not only compete BUT excell. These students have learned how to BALANCE priorities and are excellent time budgeters .

You CAN do this Zona .

Spoken as a former Dean of Life Long Learning earlier in my career and frankly as ONE of these NON TRADS as a grad student .
Hell at one time BOTH me and The Queen of the Hop were taking courses , she in undergrad and me doing doctoral courses while working full time AND my two now adult kids were in their last yr and first yr of college respectively ...yep paying FOUR tuition  bills at the same time

Felt like being in a vise at the time was working fulltime at the college AND operating a consulting business as well ...it CAN be done AND it is worth it !!

HAng tough , i KNOW you can , hell you made all those impossible leaps of faith hucking those couloirs !!
CJ
Reply | Threaded
|

CJ
In reply to this post by Harvey
Thanks and enjoy your holiday!
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Beach, beer, fireworks, guns, atv work, fishing, one good cigar...
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!