Kid Stoke!

158 messages Options
123456 ... 16
64ER 64ER
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Kid Stoke!

Outstanding!  Neve is steering to shape and will soon be tippin' to rip.  Very coachable, looks like she's following a real pro, soon to out-ski her Dad.  All the best.
SnowflakeADK SnowflakeADK
Reply |

In reply to this post by Harvey
Most excellent!   

Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Kid Stoke!

We'd promised Neve a new Polly Pocket when she completed her Mountain Adventure lesson program.

The goods were delivered by both sides.

Actually, Zelda, a noted egalitarian, purchased TWO Pollys including GASP - a snowboarder:

The only reasonable thing to do was to prove the skier's superiority in a contest of skill and speed:

Of course the snowboarder cheated...

While the skier held her head high, and raced with dignity...

...she tried to close the gap, but it was too little too late...

In the end, it was ugly...

We need more snow!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Sick Bird Rider Sick Bird Rider
Reply |

Darn snowboarders, always straightlining while skiers make the turns....
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Today could be the day....

Best wishes Danzilla, Mrs. D and the Danzillettes.

EDIT from Danzilla's FB Page:

"Baby Charlotte born Wednesday at 4:39 pm. Mommy and baby (and daddy) are all doing well!"
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
ausable skier ausable skier
Reply |

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
sudsnbumps sudsnbumps
Reply |

Both of my girls started at 3, with the old play and ski program at Gore as well as days at Hickory.  To answer when is it not cool to ski with dad...They are now 15 and 17 and it goes day to day and it depends on the kind of skiing dad will do...and what friends are around.  I skied all day yesterday with my 15 year old (see TR on JasonWx visit to Gore) but it was a cruiser day.  If it was bumps and trees all day she wouldn't do it but my elder one would..again provided what friends are around.
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Snowballs Snowballs
Reply |

Years ago, I was riding up the Straightbrook quad. There, on the cut off trail to Rumor, stood a man and his little son. I said " That's amazing. How old is he? "

" Three " was his reply.   " He's home schooled and he skis 100 days a year ".

They went on and skied down Double Barrel, which had very poor coverage. It was amazing to see a 3 yr old do it. He didn't rip it, but he did ski down it.

Later that day, I saw them skiing the Gondi liftline below Foxlair. I believe the father's name is Ben or maybe that is the son's name.

That kid would be 10 or 12ish now. I bet he's an awesome skier.
Face4Me Face4Me
Reply |

My son is 10 now and has been skiing since he was 4. He was in Play and Ski from age 4 to 6, and then joined the CloudSplitter Club at Whiteface when he was 7. He usually prefers to ski with his friends from the club, so we don't generally spend too much time skiing together. He's become a very good skier over the years. This week, he's been skiing with me and some of the people I usually ski with and he's been ripping it up!!!

We skied about 28500 feet of vertical yesterday and about 28800 today!!! I'm amazed that I'm even walking right now, never mind my son! It's been a REAL joy skiing with him these past couple of days, and has reinforced the whole reason I introduced him to skiing years ago. It's just been awesome!!!

My daughter, who is 14 now, has been skiing since she was 7. She also spent a lot of years in the Whiteface CloudSplitter Club and is now working as an apprentice instructor at Kid's Kampus at Whiteface.

I'm really hoping, and looking forward to be able to take a trip out West with them next season for their first Rocky Mountain skiing experience. Skiing is an AWESOME family activity!!!

P.S.: For anyone who may be interested or may have considered it, the CloudSplitter Club at Whiteface is a fantastic program and I highly recommend it!
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
ausable skier ausable skier
Reply |

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
123456 ... 16