Open this post in threaded view
|

LIFTOPIA Launches Flexible Lift Tickets

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Liftopia’s Pricing Engine Automates Revenue Management for Ski Areas
Provides More Options for Consumers Who Buy in Advance

SAN FRANCISCO (Oct. 1, 2014) – Liftopia, which operates the largest consumer marketplace and resort technology platform for ski lift tickets and other mountain activities, today introduced the industry’s first tiered dynamic pricing system for lift tickets featuring Value, Value Plus and Flexible options – now available for purchase for the 2014/2015 ski season.

The new ticket options feature a range of savings and flexibility to meet the needs of any type of skier or snowboarder, whether they are traveling to their destination or hitting the slopes closer to home:

·   Value lift tickets are date-specific, non-refundable and non-changeable, offering the deepest discounts with savings up to 85 percent off walk-up window rates when purchased in advance. These are ideal for consumers who know the exact dates they will be skiing or riding.

·   Value Plus lift tickets offer added flexibility, allowing a one-time date change during the season.

·   Flexible lift tickets offer the ultimate flexibility with unlimited date changes during the season.

If Value Plus and Flexible tickets are changed to dates that are more expensive, customers will just pay the difference in price.  Customers will never be charged separate change fees.

Some examples of Value, Value Plus and Flexible lift tickets now available for purchase include:

·   Mount Snow, VT – Purchase lift tickets in advance for the week of Christmas (Dec. 22-26) and get a Value ticket starting at $46.99, or 48 percent off the walk-up rate; Value Plus starting at $55.59, or 38 percent off the walk-up rate; or Flexible starting at $60.59, or 33 percent off the walk-uprate.

·   Arapahoe Basin, CO – Purchase lift tickets in advance for the last week in December (Dec. 29-Jan. 2) and get aValue ticket starting at $58.99, or 35 percent off the walk-up rate; Value Plus starting at $64.99, or 27 percent off the walk-up rate; or Flexible starting at $69.99, or 21 percent off thewalk-up rate.

·   Mad River Glen, VT – Purchase lift tickets in advance for New Year’s Day (Jan. 1) and get a Value ticket starting at $39.99, or 49 percent off the walk-up rate; Value Plus starting at $47.79, or 40 percent off the walk-up rate; or Flexible starting at $52.79, or 33 percent off the walk-up rate.

·   Killington, VT – Purchase lift tickets in advance for President’s Weekend (Feb. 14-16) and get a Value ticket starting at $76.99, or 16 percent off the walk-up rate; Value Plus starting at $81.99, or 11 percent off the walk-up rate; or Flexible starting at $86.99, or 5 percent off the walk-up rate.

·   Snowbird, UT - Purchase lift tickets in advance for the last week in January (Jan. 26-30) and get a Value ticket starting at $56.99, or 40 percent off the walk-up rate; Value Plus starting at $64.59, or 32 percent off the walk-up rate; orFlexible starting at $69.59, or 27% off the walk-up rate.

All prices are based on availability and will change dynamically.

In addition to Value, Value Plus and Flexibletickets, skiers and snowboarders can also purchase rentals, lessons, meal vouchers, and more through Liftopia.com and the Liftopia mobile app.

The flexible tiered pricing options are also being introduced by several resorts which utilize the cloud-based Liftopia Platform to implement advance-purchase commerce and the industry’s most advanced dynamic pricing models on the resorts’ own websites and mobile channels.  The Liftopia Platform also provides resorts access to sophisticated business intelligence and customer analytics.

For more information on Value, Value Plus andFlexible tickets as well as Liftopia and the Liftopia Platform, visit www.liftopia.com .
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: LIFTOPIA Launches Flexible Lift Tickets

PowderAssassin
I never understood who buys lift tickets ahead of time around here anyway. It could be raining. Sorry, but if I'm traveling away from my local hill and spending a ton of money on a lift ticket, I want at least real snow packed powder. So that whole buying ahead of time is ridiculous. It's hardpack in new england most of the time unless it's snowed. You watch the storms and buy the ticket at the last minute. That's the only smart way to do it. The thing about this flexible ticket is that it's a joke because if you wait till the day before to change you have to pay the difference! So you're really not saving anything over window price. Unless I didn't read it correctly?
14-15 Season:

11-22 Snow Ridge (opening day 35")          1-7 Snow Ridge (10")
11-28 Grand targhee                                  1-8 Telluride(12 inches)
11-30 jackson hole(10 inches)                      1-9 Whistler(12 inches)
                                                                  1-11 mt bactchelor(20 inches)
12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-10 Whistler(20 inches)
12-12 Whistler helisking(bottomless)
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-18 Kirkwood(50 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
12-22 Grand targhee(40 inches)
12-26 jackson hole(26 inches)
12-28 Chugatch backcountry(bottomless powder)
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
PowderAssassin wrote
I never understood who buys lift tickets ahead of time around here anyway. It could be raining. Sorry, but if I'm traveling away from my local hill and spending a ton of money on a lift ticket, I want at least real snow packed powder.
Many people (the vast majority of skiers and boarders for sure) usually only ski/board a few times a year and often plan dates in advanced. For those people, they are probably already locked into specific dates for other reasons (family and friends planning a trip together, lodging, planned time off from work, etc.). So buying a date specific ticket on the cheap works for them.

That doesn't work for me... I go where and when the snow is good. But for those of us with that approach, you can always buy from Liftopia a day or two in advanced when you know conditions will be good and you see a cheap rate. I think I have ony used Liftopia twice but both times I got a good deal the day before I used the ticket. It is certainly worth looking for deals there if you decide where to go and you don't have another deal lined up.

The any day ticket thing is really good, they have some good holiday pricing in the above example. The "change the day once only" could be good in your example, if it rained and you decided to cancel. So you essentially pay a little more for insurance. I can't see it being very useful unless you are truly committed to a date and need to bail due to weather or life events/sickness requiring a planned trip change. Since you need to pay up on the difference, I see that as a fail safe insurance for a planned trip rather than a good deal where you want to be flexible. Since the price changes due to the changed date, the flexibility could cost you more.
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
In reply to this post by PowderAssassin
PowderAssassin wrote
I never understood who buys lift tickets ahead of time around here anyway. It could be raining. Sorry, but if I'm traveling away from my local hill and spending a ton of money on a lift ticket, I want at least real snow packed powder. So that whole buying ahead of time is ridiculous. It's hardpack in new england most of the time unless it's snowed. You watch the storms and buy the ticket at the last minute. That's the only smart way to do it. The thing about this flexible ticket is that it's a joke because if you wait till the day before to change you have to pay the difference! So you're really not saving anything over window price. Unless I didn't read it correctly?
I read it as you pay any difference in the LIftopia price for the actual date you use the voucher.  So if you paid for a mid-week date but end up using it for a weekend, then might have to cough up more money.
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
In reply to this post by riverc0il
riverc0il wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
I never understood who buys lift tickets ahead of time around here anyway. It could be raining. Sorry, but if I'm traveling away from my local hill and spending a ton of money on a lift ticket, I want at least real snow packed powder.
Many people (the vast majority of skiers and boarders for sure) usually only ski/board a few times a year and often plan dates in advanced. For those people, they are probably already locked into specific dates for other reasons (family and friends planning a trip together, lodging, planned time off from work, etc.). So buying a date specific ticket on the cheap works for them.

That doesn't work for me... I go where and when the snow is good. But for those of us with that approach, you can always buy from Liftopia a day or two in advanced when you know conditions will be good and you see a cheap rate. I think I have ony used Liftopia twice but both times I got a good deal the day before I used the ticket. It is certainly worth looking for deals there if you decide where to go and you don't have another deal lined up.

The any day ticket thing is really good, they have some good holiday pricing in the above example. The "change the day once only" could be good in your example, if it rained and you decided to cancel. So you essentially pay a little more for insurance. I can't see it being very useful unless you are truly committed to a date and need to bail due to weather or life events/sickness requiring a planned trip change. Since you need to pay up on the difference, I see that as a fail safe insurance for a planned trip rather than a good deal where you want to be flexible. Since the price changes due to the changed date, the flexibility could cost you more.
Yeah that's what I thought. Where do you find any day tickets for mt snow or bromley? I can't find them on the site. I've never used that site.  Anytime I look the day before, they're sold out.
14-15 Season:

12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
PowderAssassin wrote
riverc0il wrote
PowderAssassin wrote

Yeah that's what I thought. Where do you find any day tickets for mt snow or bromley? I can't find them on the site. I've never used that site.  Anytime I look the day before, they're sold out.
I thought you were all about natural snow and powder?  Aren't Bromley and Mount Snow mostly manmade?  I have never skied there, just what I read that Magic's annual avg is 200.  When Mt Snow and Bromley are 150-160.  Aren't Bromley and Mt Snow typical mountains for city gapers?
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
Glade Runner wrote
I thought you were all about natural snow and powder?  Aren't Bromley and Mount Snow mostly manmade?  I have never skied there, just what I read that Magic's annual avg is 200.  When Mt Snow and Bromley are 150-160.  Aren't Bromley and Mt Snow typical mountains for city gapers?
ummmmm.....I wait for it to snow genius. DUH!

More B.S. Just look at Mount snow's position on the spine of the green. Look at their base elevation. Clearly get more snow than magic. Magic is steeper and cheaper. Magic's trails are too narrow, meaning pow gets tracked out quicker and there snow cover leaves something to be desired because they get little natural snow and are natural snow reliant. They can't even be bothered to mow down the twigs. Bring a pair of old beater ski's. Lifts suck and slow as hell as well. Magic does leave almost everything ungroomed though. Mt snow leaves at least half the mountain ungroomed. It's not okemo. And same goes for bromley, which is a great place for what I like.
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
I don't see how you can say they clearly get more snow when the averages say a different story.  And if there are less people there, then wouldn't it take longer to get tracked out?  Oh you wait for it to snow?  Wow really?  I do plan to get to Magic this year for the first time.  Like I said I haven't skied any of the southern Vermont mtns yet.  I guess they is right there easy to get to for a city gaper like yourself.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
And don't slow lifts also keep it from getting tracked out faster?
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
In reply to this post by Glade Runner
Glade Runner wrote
I don't see how you can say they clearly get more snow when the averages say a different story.  And if there are less people there, then wouldn't it take longer to get tracked out?  Oh you wait for it to snow?  Wow really?  I do plan to get to Magic this year for the first time.  Like I said I haven't skied any of the southern Vermont mtns yet.  I guess they is right there easy to get to for a city gaper like yourself.
Who's reporting these averages of over 200 at magic? Magic doesn't even list their average snowfall on their website. There's no one even there to measure the snow because they're not open unless they get hammered mid week. So they could never get a correct measurement for seasonal total average since they'd miss all the little snowfalls. The ski areas can pull anything out of their ass. Just pay attention to the nws official stations. Rest is nonsense.

Mt Snow/Bromley are both over a 1000 feet higher than Magic. The base at magic is barely over 1000 feet. Now I want you to look at this image. This CLEARLY shows the area of upslope effect on the spine of the greens. Magic is on the downslope side nearer to the valley. You can see maximum precip areas near ridgelines/spine of the greens from mansfield to mt snow area.  But believe what you want.
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
Glade Runner wrote
And don't slow lifts also keep it from getting tracked out faster?
Really dude? You get back up quick as well. So there's no net effect difference.

There's not a lot of competition for pow at bromley/mt snow. It's park rats at mt snow and and 3 or 4 times a year ec skiers. Magic is known as a power hill, which is kind of strange being that it's located in a snow hole. Ascutney was even worse. Anyway, I wish magic's management would take over haystack and make it public again. They're on the spine and have wide trails.
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
This post was updated on .
All that being said, magic offers some VERY challenging terrain, relatively low prices, relatively low crowds and an old school vibe. Not knocking magic at all and really hope it continues to operate. Mt Snow is a complete rip off. I would never pay anything near the window price for a lift ticket. Bromley mid week is absolute max i would ever pay for one day of skiing and that's a once or twice a year thing since it's so far away for a  day trip and all I can afford. I go to bromley, not mt snow for that reason, but was just wondering about deals on that site for a change of pace. It's snow ridge once a year and bromley once a year and then just my local hill.
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
PowderAssassin wrote
All that being said, magic offers some VERY challenging terrain, relatively low prices, relatively low crowds and an old school vibe. Not knocking magic at all and really hope it continues to operate. Mt Snow is a complete rip off. I would never pay anything near the window price for a lift ticket. Bromley mid week is absolute max i would ever pay for one day of skiing and that's a once or twice a year thing. I go to bromley, not mt snow for that reason, but was just wondering about deals on that site for a change of pace.
Good call.  I don't think you would want to challenge yourself or anything.
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
Glade Runner wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
All that being said, magic offers some VERY challenging terrain, relatively low prices, relatively low crowds and an old school vibe. Not knocking magic at all and really hope it continues to operate. Mt Snow is a complete rip off. I would never pay anything near the window price for a lift ticket. Bromley mid week is absolute max i would ever pay for one day of skiing and that's a once or twice a year thing. I go to bromley, not mt snow for that reason, but was just wondering about deals on that site for a change of pace.
Not until I take lessons from you on how to be core. Then I'll be ready for upper magician
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
PowderAssassin wrote
Glade Runner wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
Not until I take lessons from you on how to be core. Then I'll be ready for upper magician
Well since I haven't even been to Magic yet.  But, my first time ever to Jay Peak, my first run ever there was down Green Beret.  So maybe I can teach you a thing or two.  Really though to be core all you have to do is get away from your computer screen and ski more.
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
Glade Runner wrote

Well since I haven't even been to Magic yet.  But, my first time ever to Jay Peak, my first run ever there was down Green Beret.  So maybe I can teach you a thing or two.  Really though to be core all you have to do is get away from your computer screen and ski more.
Why don't you follow your own advice?

So the expert that's never been to magic, please tell me more about magic and your awesome skiing skillset!
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
Truth is gladerunner, I never said jack to you. You came on here and started talking shit about me. I never said squat about you.  You just like to start shit. You keep up with the sarcastic/nauseating posts with personal attacks against me. Your facts are always wrong just like magic gets more snow than much higher mountains on the spine of the greens. You lack knowledge son.
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Actually I haven't said anything about Magic except I want to get there this year.  Why don't you tell me about Mountain Creek or something?  And obviously I do get away from my computer screen and ski more.  But, there isn't any snow right now for us so where would I go?  I did tell you I have been skiing 75+ days a season for the past 5 or 6 years.  So obviously I'm getting out plenty especially when it snows.  Maybe you could tell me about my din setting or the width of my skis?  How many days do you get out a season again?
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
Glade Runner wrote
Actually I haven't said anything about Magic except I want to get there this year.
just what I read that Magic's annual avg is 200.  When Mt Snow and Bromley are 150-160.  Aren't Bromley and Mt Snow typical mountains for city gapers?
You did say something about magic....and were dead wrong
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
PowderAssassin wrote
Truth is gladerunner, I never said jack to you. You came on here and started talking shit about me. I never said squat about you.  You just like to start shit. You keep up with the sarcastic/nauseating posts with personal attacks against me. Your facts are always wrong just like magic gets more snow than much higher mountains on the spine of the greens. You lack knowledge son.
I never said I knew anything, I was going based off an annual average snowfall I searched online.  My search couldn't be too far off compared to your weather map that is outdated from 97.  I can see why you won't tell anyone where your home mountain is.  If you did, I'm sure lots of people would be gunning for you on the hill.