71 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Life B4 the internet

Cunningstunts
Banned User
Live music is super special, isn't it?

Of all my shenanigans in my youth, the thing I remember the most fondly was playing music with other people.  I'd often meet people at parties with instruments and play with them, or play with my own friends who played, but those are fond memories to me.  I can remember nights going by without me doing anything else but playing music with the chatter and buzz of other people talking, coming and going, etc...
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
and the shoulder belt was folded up neatly above the door..
the hazard lights were this weird button that you had to pull out on the steering column
good old days
I remember my Dads pickup had 3 on the tree.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
3 on the tree FTW!
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
My buddy had an old church of Jesus Christ van he bought, no extra charge for the pimping. That had a manual on the colulm, pretty easy shifting. If it didn't slide in pull it back and jam it in.I don't think we picked up a single girl the entire time he had the van.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
tjf1967 wrote
 . If it didn't slide in pull it back and jam it in.
TWSS
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
reminds me of the early 80's celica with a manual i drove..didn't have to step on the clutch to shift ..that car was bullet proof
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

2000yearoldskier
No surprise I was late to E-party , got a computer in 2013. I pretty much ignore e-mail , too dumb to figure much other stuff. My life has not changed.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
CAMP :   Interesting article , not the first i have heard of this issue .

I have 4 friends in their early to late 50's who are software development engineers  /mgrs with some fairly  high end companies headquartered in the greater Boston metro area  They have been telling me of these issues for over a year . These guys are pretty grounded and not the types to chase conspiracy theory  .

Three  were so disturbed by the impacts their companies are considering that they have made career altering decisions within the last six months to leave OVER THESE SPECIFIC and related ethical CONCERNS .

The fourth a very senior executive in a top firm  is pushing his organization to create a : Corporate Ethics Officer for Technology Development concerns .

The issue bears very close monitoring .

Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
In reply to this post by 2000yearoldskier
2000yearoldskier wrote
No surprise I was late to E-party , got a computer in 2013. I pretty much ignore e-mail , too dumb to figure much other stuff. My life has not changed.
This is awesome to me.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
In reply to this post by warp daddy
I'm not surprised Warp. I'm concerned myself about this. One has to ask. Was 4g not good enough?
I don't rip, I bomb.