Midlife Crisis and Being a Skier

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
114 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Midlife Crisis and Being a Skier

mountainhigh
Really?  They're all the same?  Wow!  Tell me again how that is so?  What's the common thread?  Has Twinkle Toes unlocked the secret of American parliamentary process as it intersects with the Executive branch?  Our very own Twinkle Toes?  Wow!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote

But I like this thread as it is, let's talk about that other thing in the Off Topic section.

Oh... Wait....

Free Mountainhigh
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
In reply to this post by mountainhigh
I just read a few of your posts.  You should change your handle to Statler or Waldorf.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

mountainhigh
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Right?  I'd even post a picture of my political ideology leaning against a tree just to show that I'm one of the guys.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by mountainhigh
mountainhigh wrote
Really?  They're all the same?  Wow!  Tell me again how that is so?  What's the common thread?  Has Twinkle Toes unlocked the secret of American parliamentary process as it intersects with the Executive branch?  Our very own Twinkle Toes?  Wow!
*Biggest yawn I could possibly muster*

Maybe you should start a thread on desperately reading internet forums and posting up under different aliases in futile attempts for some human connection that you seem to be missing somewhere. Is that a midlife crisis?

Like, I don't think I've never met you face to face (have I?), but I don't think I'd come crawling back to this forum if I got the boot. It just isn't that important to me.

Maybe you need another outlet? Do you have a twitter account, NJ? I want to follow you.
Reply | Threaded
|

mountainhigh
I'm not "crawling", dude.  I'm standing right here in front of you.  Don't worry, you won't ever have to actually engage me.  Your fearless leader will be along soon to set things a right and then you can continue being the forum big mouth.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
No, I'm saying I want to meet you. I think we actually agree more than we disagree

You up at Whiteface this weekend?
Reply | Threaded
|

mountainhigh
I'm around Whiteface most every weekend.  I don't have any desire to meet you.  

I'm far more interested in HOW people think about issues and process information than I am in whether they ultimately end up in the same place I am on any given issue.  I respect people who think clearly, rationally and independently - in the end, I don't really care where they end up.  HOW people think is more important to me than WHAT they think.  

I don't like or respect the way you think - I'm just being honest with you.  You're lazy and reductionist.  And you clearly don't spend much time challenging your own belief system.  None of this would matter and honestly could be said about most people.  You, however, spend an inordinate amount of time pretending like your opinions approximate the "Truth".  Most people don't do that. And that's not because they lack conviction.  It's because they're wiser than you.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Mic drop.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
raisingarizona wrote
Mic drop.
LMAO

Man I wish you were around when NoahJohn was in full stride ---- you and I have never met but I feel as tho we share the same type of humor --- Noah is funny AF
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
raisingarizona wrote
Mic drop.
Meh, he did you, too, RA:

http://forum.nyskiblog.com/Threat-of-Short-term-Rentals-to-mountain-towns-tp4109890p4109967.html

These keyboard vigilantes (Freeheelwilly, PeeTex) all have the same schtick. Talk a bunch of bullshit online, then when someone reaches out an olive branch or says, "let's grab a beer", they disappear like a fart in the wind (having added just as much value to the world as that fart).

Easy to sit behind a keyboard and anonymity. Harder to be a good guy, man the fuck up, and meet people face to face without any stupid excuses.

Tough to respect someone who says: "I could do that thing that normal people do, but I don't want to because of [personal insult to cover up sad, pathetic insecurities]."

Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Yeah, I don't care. This is merely boredom therapy or entertainment.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589

Jesus Matt, do you have a photographic memory? It's insane how you remember this stuff. I have zero recollection of that discussion!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee

Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
raisingarizona wrote
Yeah, I don't care. This is merely boredom therapy or entertainment.
Agree, but I hold out hope that these people are actually good dudes (like a lot of the people from here I've met), when really, they're just angry recluses with chips on their shoulders who love arguing on the internet and sticking to their clique instead of branching out.

I say that he's boring and sad because living that way is boring and sad to me.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
raisingarizona wrote
Mic drop.
LMAO

Man I wish you were around when NoahJohn was in full stride ---- you and I have never met but I feel as tho we share the same type of humor --- Noah is funny AF
I think I read some of his posts before. I'm definitely not a fan of taking myself too seriously!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Yes, I have a very good memory.

But I also clicked on his name to see what other posts he's made to liven up the discussion around here. It's more of the same shit: personal insults, constant criticism, attacking other people for their opinions while never reevaluating his own, etc.).

He's not missed when he goes away because he doesn't offer anything of value. I could probably engineer a bot that makes posts that offer the bland, milquetoast anger and personal attacks that FHW/NJ/MH brings to the table.

Maybe if he started a thread or two that posed an interesting question or made an original observation, I'd like him more as a poster. But he was boring on TTips, boring on RSN, boring on SkiADK, and he's boring here.

Unfiltered vitriol followed by personal attacks when someone extends a hand. Cool, bud. Must be a nice way to live life.
Reply | Threaded
|

mountainhigh
Now I'm an "angry recluse" because I don't want to meet you?  That's so fucking weird.  

Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
mountainhigh wrote
Now I'm an "angry recluse" because I don't want to meet you?  That's so fucking weird.
Lol.

Nah, you're just an older guy set in his ways, who makes excuses and insults people online to cover up his insecurities. I've met a lot of people like you.

If that's what works for you, bud, go for it. But, again, to me it's sad and boring.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Politics in the OT please
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp