50 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mountain Creek: Bad Weekend

gebbyfish
mattchuck2 wrote
gebbyfish wrote
And aren't we all just a bunch of "spoiled tards"?  

I mean seriously, we ride up a mountain to ski down and repeat!  

To whose benefit is that but our own?

Isn't that the definition of spoiled?
No. The definition of spoiled specifically says "to harm the character of a child by being too lenient or indulgent". So, pretty much exactly what we're talking about.

And you seem to be arguing that people who engage in leisure activities are "spoiled tards" (strange arguments in this thread). Because every leisure activity could be put into your frame ("I mean seriously, we sit in a darkened room for two hours as images flash across a screen and sound is blasted into our ears! For who's benefit is that but our own?").

Yes, skiers specifically are very privileged. Just to be able to sink $3,000 into leisure activities is an amazing position to be in. And yes, I think we'd be better off if we all acknowledged this more.

But besides successful business people, the highest paid people in the world are part of the leisure economy - athletes, movie stars, musicians. Every single person in the world enjoys leisure activities. To call them spoiled tards for that is a little strange.
Quotation marks imply I'm harkening back to an earlier poster.

"tard" should read "turd" and is a mistake of a keystroke.  

I'm spoiling my "a" key!

I've corrected my post.

"spoiled" versus "very privileged" is kind of in the same ballpark in my mind.  

We're all very lucky.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Snowballs
Snowballs wrote
Sno isn't an asshole complainer and shows no tendency to be one.
That's your opinion. Like I said, I have no problem with a little complaining. But to say "no tendency" with such gusto is a pretty bold statement.

You, on the other hand have immense potential, which you routinely display here...Go look in the mirror and you'll see an asshole complainer.
You're complaining about me complaining? Cool.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by gebbyfish
gebbyfish wrote
"spoiled" versus "very privileged" is kind of in the same ballpark in my mind.  
Ahhhh....

gebbyfish wrote
We're all very lucky
Yes we are.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
gebbyfish wrote
We're all very lucky
Yes we are.

No doubt.

"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
Snowballs wrote
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
 You do realize just how much you sound like a spoiled little turd right?
You sound very much like a punk ass bitch YC. Very convincing.

It's like what Tbatt chimed in with a while ago,,,,, a bunch of grown men shit talking a little kid. What punk ass bitches.

15 year olds are inherently selfish and self centered by nature. I don't get the sense that Snoloco understands that the world doesn't revolve around him yet. Whether banging on and on about changing trails to his liking (grooming Rumor daily or widening and grooming Lower Steilghang) at a mountain he may ski 5 times per season (I WANT IT MY WAY!)or stating that he would raise ticket prices in order to have faster lifts (NO PROBLEM WHEN DAD PAYS FOR IT!) and being completely oblivious as to how that affects everyone else or wishing that it rains up North if it rains in NJ (IF I CAN'T HAVE IT, NO ONE CAN!) or thinking that it's OK for him to march right into the MC president's office and give him a piece of his mind because he spends $3,000 of his Dad's money per season there (I AM MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOU!), his posts are loaded with entitlement and the whining of someone who sounds like a spoiled brat. I can't fault Sno for his enthusiasm or stoke and I can even tolerate his chairlift bloviation, but C'MON man get some perspective.

Sno, You're probably a good kid outside of here. If you throw some of this stuff out on the internet in the tone you do (15 years old or not) expect to catch some grief. Also understand that you can't take things said on an internet message board personally. You are lucky to have the luxury (like all of us on here) to ski and spend money at ski areas. A lot of people are not.

Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
snoloco wrote
Compared to sitting on an old rickety slow lift for 15 minutes a HSQ anyone in their right mind is going to prefer.  It's not like I was recommending raising prices only so I could get faster lifts.  I was recommending raising prices to pay for fast cushy lifts for everyone.  Also, I'm not saying that obliviously because my dad is buying, he has the same preferences, like father like son they say.  Over my spring break, we are skiing Stowe and Okemo.  It would have been cheaper to ski Smuggler's Notch and Magic, but we much prefer high speed lifts and are going to the places that have them.
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
In reply to this post by YUKON CORNELIUS
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
Snowballs wrote
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
 You do realize just how much you sound like a spoiled little turd right?
You sound very much like a punk ass bitch YC. Very convincing.

It's like what Tbatt chimed in with a while ago,,,,, a bunch of grown men shit talking a little kid. What punk ass bitches.

15 year olds are inherently selfish and self centered by nature. I don't get the sense that Snoloco understands that the world doesn't revolve around him yet. Whether banging on and on about changing trails to his liking (grooming Rumor daily or widening and grooming Lower Steilghang) at a mountain he may ski 5 times per season (I WANT IT MY WAY!)or stating that he would raise ticket prices in order to have faster lifts (NO PROBLEM WHEN DAD PAYS FOR IT!) and being completely oblivious as to how that affects everyone else or wishing that it rains up North if it rains in NJ (IF I CAN'T HAVE IT, NO ONE CAN!) or thinking that it's OK for him to march right into the MC president's office and give him a piece of his mind because he spends $3,000 of his Dad's money per season there (I AM MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOU!), his posts are loaded with entitlement and the whining of someone who sounds like a spoiled brat. I can't fault Sno for his enthusiasm or stoke and I can even tolerate his chairlift bloviation, but C'MON man get some perspective.

Sno, You're probably a good kid outside of here. If you throw some of this stuff out on the internet in the tone you do (15 years old or not) expect to catch some grief. Also understand that you can't take things said on an internet message board personally. You are lucky to have the luxury (like all of us on here) to ski and spend money at ski areas. A lot of people are not.
+1 googol
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
 but we much prefer high speed lifts and are going to the places that have them.
Try leaving the stopwatch at home next time. It still may actually be fun without calculating roundtrip lap time. Or better yet go to Hickory. They have high speed lifts that simulate skiing while riding them up........best of both worlds