classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
113 messages Options
1234 ... 6
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Mountain Creek joins the Max Pass

snoloco
Previously the Max Pass was a joint between Intrawest, Powdr, and Boyne, but this year Mountain Creek has joined.  MC is a former Intrawest property that is now owned and operated independently.  

This is a great thing for the NY Metro area, because previously there was nothing within day trip reach that was on the max pass.  One could buy a Mountain Creek pass, and then get the max pass add-on, allowing them to make trips to Killington and Stratton.  That's basically 2 weekend road trips to each.  You could also ski out west 5 days at any of the places on it for free.

Mountain Creek was connected with Stratton under Intrawest, and has been working with Killington since leaving Intrawest.  Now they're connected with both, plus Tremblant, Sugarloaf, Sunday River, and a bunch of great mountain out west.

This should definitely increase max pass sales as the NY Metro Area now has a local mountain (albeit a small one) that's on it.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Mountain Creek joins the Max Pass

snoloco
Didn't catch this, but it looks like they're not on the pass if you buy it separately.  You don't get 5 days at Mountain Creek.  However, if you're a Mountain Creek passholder you can buy the Max Pass for the add-on rate.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gaper Rog
Banned User
You couldn't pay me to ski mountain creek
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by snoloco
Mountain Creek is in New Jersey.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I'm aware, but it is the closest ski area over 100 acres to NYC, which is in New York, so many of their guests are from NY.

Mad River Glen is in Vermont.  No one complains when that is discussed here.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
Mad River Glen doesn't suck ass.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Yes it does.  No snowmaking, long lift lines, and they were barely open last year.  Don't use the excuse that I can't post about Mountain Creek because it's in NJ, because people post about many other mountains that aren't in NY on this site and don't get shit for it.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Wait, loco just said that MRG sucks ass? Take a lap ya gaper
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Mountain Creek sucks

YUKON CORNELIUS
Correction: Good mountains that aren't in New Jersey.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Mountain Creek sucks ass

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
raisingarizona wrote
Wait, loco just said that MRG sucks ass? Take a lap ya gaper

Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
snoloco wrote
Yes it does.  No snowmaking, long lift lines, and they were barely open last year.  Don't use the excuse that I can't post about Mountain Creek because it's in NJ, because people post about many other mountains that aren't in NY on this site and don't get shit for it.
Isn't it true that you've never skied there?
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
snoloco wrote
Yes it does.  No snowmaking, long lift lines, and they were barely open last year.
So sad. I thought you were learning. You're too easily baited. Of course everyone hates MC. You know that. Have you skied Mad River by the way? I don't think you'd slander it that way if you had.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Gaper Rog
Banned User
I'm sure it has lift lines on weekends but, it's also less tracked out.  Haven't had any issues with lift lines midweek.  They get on average so much more natural snow and the terrain blows away mc.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
I can safely say that I would rather ski the practice slope chair at MRG than MC any day either place is open. Including nor'easter's that hammer MC. MRG is a classic place with endless options to play on the best damn bar in Vermont if things are thin.

Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola

let the games begin!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Can we get back on topic?!  This is important because it makes the Max Pass practical to the millions who live in the NY Metro Area.  Previously the closest place was Stratton, about 4 hours away.  MC is only 90 minutes away.

MC is now the only mountain within day trip distance of NYC that is on the Max Pass.  The only other places with that proximity to NYC that are on multi resort passes are Jack Frost and Big Boulder which are on the Peak Pass.  I think the Max Pass mountains are much better than those on the Peak Pass.  Stratton, Killington, Pico, Tremblant, Sunday River, Loon, and Sugarloaf beat Mount Snow, Attitash, and Wildcat.

This will probably greatly increase sales of the max pass, and may draw some to Mountain Creek that weren't going before.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gaper Rog
Banned User
snoloco wrote
This will probably greatly increase sales of the max pass, and may draw some to Mountain Creek that weren't going before.
That's more reason to avoid Mountain Creek.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
After the season they had last year, anything that brings in more money is welcome.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
In reply to this post by YUKON CORNELIUS
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
Mad River Glen doesn't suck ass.

My vote for the new bumper sticker. The old ski it if you can is so 20th century.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by ml242
ml242 wrote
I can safely say that I would rather ski the practice slope chair at MRG than MC any day either place is open. Including nor'easter's that hammer MC. MRG is a classic place with endless options to play on the best damn bar in Vermont if things are thin.

And they were open what like 10 days last year?  I'm sure you got pretty drunk then by spending all day every day in the bar.  MC was open like 70 days.  Pathetic (they were open 106 days last year) but still better that what MRG had.
1234 ... 6