Mountain Creek joins the Max Pass

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
113 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mountain Creek joins the Max Pass

Benny Profane
Son, quality over quantity, quality over quantity. Learn it early in life.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
And they were open what like 10 days last year?  I'm sure you got pretty drunk then by spending all day every day in the bar.  MC was open like 70 days.  Pathetic (they were open 106 days last year) but still better that what MRG had.
Obviously arguing with you is a waste of time because you simply have no clue, but I looked it up for you and they were open 45 days last year. So in the worst season ever Mountain Creek was open essentially an extra half month on some shitty flat overcrowded ribbons to bookend the season. Big deal. So goes MRG, so goes the East.

Ski it if you can
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
ml242 wrote
snoloco wrote
Obviously arguing with you is a waste of time...

Ski it if you can
You said it. And this kid hasn't skied at Plattekill either. What does he know? My son skied 4 days at MC with his school last year and he figured the place out. The best thing you can say is that it's skiing and it's close. Comparing it to Mad River is just ridiculous. I'd rather ski mount Peter or thunder ridge then mountain creek
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Benny Profane wrote
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
Mad River Glen doesn't suck ass.

My vote for the new bumper sticker. The old ski it if you can is so 20th century.
I consider myself a marketing genius.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
Benny Profane wrote
<greatest advice of all time>Except for women. Go for quantity early on.</greatest advice of all time>
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
snoloco wrote
ml242 wrote
I can safely say that I would rather ski the practice slope chair at MRG than MC any day either place is open. Including nor'easter's that hammer MC. MRG is a classic place with endless options to play on the best damn bar in Vermont if things are thin.

And they were open what like 10 days last year?  I'm sure you got pretty drunk then by spending all day every day in the bar.  MC was open like 70 days.  Pathetic (they were open 106 days last year) but still better that what MRG had.
Using the word pathetic to describe MRG pretty much destroys your credibility as a skier. Like completely. Show some respect for the roots, history and the soul of our sport.

It was a crap season, a winter better spent on a mountain bike.

Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by YUKON CORNELIUS
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
Benny Profane wrote
<greatest advice of all time>Except for women. Go for quantity early on.</greatest advice of all time>
Ooo, maybe. Use protection then. Be careful with this.

Being a gluton with a huge appetite and mostly dining on fast food will often keep your ass from being invited to a 5 star dining experience.
Reply | Threaded
|

Junior
I would definately buy that bumper sticker
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
raisingarizona wrote
Using the word pathetic to describe MRG pretty much destroys your credibility as a skier. Like completely. Show some respect for the roots, history and the soul of our sport.
If your mountain in Northern Vermont can't open more days than a mountain in suburban New Jersey can, pathetic describes it perfectly.  

raisingarizona wrote
I spend my winters on skis.  I go out and get it, even if the conditions aren't optimal.  I don't whine about there never being enough natural snow and play the sour grapes saying I'd rather be doing a summer activity in the winter.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
snoloco wrote
I spend my winters on skis.  I don't whine about there never being enough natural snow and play the sour grapes saying I'd rather be doing a summer activity in the winter.
They could be open more, but they operate efficiently with a long range plan to keep them in the black. What would be the point of smearing around some fake ice to make only you and your dad happy? Most people go there to ski off ledges, through moguls, or into trees.

snoloco wrote
I don't whine about there never being enough natural snow and play the sour grapes saying I'd rather be doing a summer activity in the winter.
But doesn't not having all the lifts open by xmas count? I mean, if there was enough natural, you could get on all the spinning wheels you wanted...
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Pathetic is lashing out at your biggest defender here cause you made a dumb statement earlier and can't admit you were wrong. If you cherry pick the metric you want to use, you can convince yourself of anything. If you like skiing elbow to elbow with 10k other people at Mountain Creek then go for it. If you love the sport enough to spend hours on skilifts.org and reading PR releases from every mountain in the country then it shouldn't be beneath you to read a little bit about the sports history and open your mind to places like Mad River and Plattekill.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
snoloco wrote
raisingarizona wrote
If your mountain in Northern Vermont can't open more days than a mountain in suburban New Jersey can, pathetic describes it perfectly.  

raisingarizona wrote
I spend my winters on skis.  I go out and get it, even if the conditions aren't optimal.  I don't whine about there never being enough natural snow and play the sour grapes saying I'd rather be doing a summer activity in the winter.
Well, ya know, that was pretty good right there.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by ml242
ml242 wrote
But doesn't not having all the lifts open by xmas count? I mean, if there was enough natural, you could get on all the spinning wheels you wanted...
I'd love to have lots of natural snow.  I went out west this past year to ski natural snow.  Unfortunately, nature isn't always reliable on providing it, so I like to have lots of snowmaking so I can do lots of skiing whether nature delivers or not.

If it's a crap season and nobody has all lifts open by Christmas, I'm still going skiing.  If one place does and another doesn't, I'm going to the place that does.

Also, Brownski:  I have been to Plattekill, but it was a long time ago.  If they do a powder daize when I'm home on winter break next year, I might catch it.  I've suggested that NYSB rent it out for a day, since so many members love it, but my idea has not caught on.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
snoloco wrote
raisingarizona wrote

raisingarizona wrote
Listen kid, I have time and milage in ski boots you really can't fathom at your age and personal experience. Skiing at Mt. Snow, Hunter, and even Steamboat is something far off in my rear view mirror. Like 20 to 25 years ago! If I lived in your area I would rather hang out at the bar or ride my bike than ski on a pancake of a mountain and slide around on man made ice. That's not sour grapes, that's milage and a preference of quality over quantity.

Do you know what is sour grapes is though? A teenaged kid that talks like he is above the older people around him and crys about ski areas that don't provide the product that he has decided he must have. I like a lot of your posts and ideas Sno but you're a baby in that regard.

Now go take a lap and throttle back, you are out of your element Donnie.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski

snoloco wrote
ml242 wrote
I'd love to have lots of natural snow.  I went out west this past year to ski natural snow.  Unfortunately, nature isn't always reliable on providing it, so I like to have lots of snowmaking so I can do lots of skiing whether nature delivers or not.

If it's a crap season and nobody has all lifts open by Christmas, I'm still going skiing.  If one place does and another doesn't, I'm going to the place that does.

Also, Brownski:  I have been to Plattekill, but it was a long time ago.  If they do a powder daize when I'm home on winter break next year, I might catch it.  I've suggested that NYSB rent it out for a day, since so many members love it, but my idea has not caught on.
But you haven't been to Mad River right? so why trash it?  The proper response to being baited would have been "ha ha. I know it's in NJ but lots of NYers ski there just like the hills in VT."
Also, you owe RA an apology.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Brownski wrote
snoloco wrote
ml242 wrote

But you haven't been to Mad River right? so why trash it?  The proper response to being baited would have been "ha ha. I know it's in NJ but lots of NYers ski there just like the hills in VT."
Also, you owe RA an apology.

Hehe, It's ok. I don't care. But thanks Brownski. He has a lot to learn yet, I was young and dumb once too! In fact, I was an arrogant little prick! :)
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
raisingarizona wrote
 Like 20 to 25 years ago! If I lived in your area I would rather hang out at the bar or ride my bike than ski on a pancake of a mountain and slide around on man made ice.
Yea, so what ? Are you looking for some applause or a medal ? Your blatant tub thumping smackes of  pathetic elitism.

Omg, if  Sno and 100,000's of other people want to ski MC it's their choice,  it's their right and it's not a flaw in their character.  There's no shame in skiing feeder hills. None at all. In fact, it shouldn't matter to other people one bit,,,,,, except those need to bully people around to feel big. No applause or medals for that.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
This post was updated on .
Snowballs wrote
raisingarizona wrote
 Like 20 to 25 years ago! If I lived in your area I would rather hang out at the bar or ride my bike than ski on a pancake of a mountain and slide around on man made ice.
Yea, so what ? Are you looking for some applause or a medal ? Your blatant tub thumping smackes of  pathetic elitism.

Omg, if  Sno and 100,000's of other people want to ski MC it's their choice,  it's their right and it's not a flaw in their character.  There's no shame in skiing feeder hills. None at all. In fact, it shouldn't matter to other people one bit,,,,,, except those need to bully people around to feel big. No applause or medals for that.
I don't care for either, I don't think I'm special because of the time I have put into skiing and I don't care for a pat on the back for it. It just is. Look if sharing experiences or pictures on here makes people think I'm "tub thumping" than I won't share anything anymore. I could give a shit about your approval, don't go kidding yourself kid. Your boy Sno was the one that insulted a place that many on here hold dear including me. I will and have before said that I admire the tenacity and motivation of east coast skiers like Sno but if he is going to make stupid opinionated comments that show a lack of experience I'll call him or you out on em. I'm a huge fan of feeder ski hills and small areas, the only reason people give Sno a hard time is because of his arrogant attitude. If you can't see that you're kind of an ass.

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
The idea of a Mountain Creek vs Mad River Glen thread has real potential, it could be another one of our finest moments here in the NY Ski Forums.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Harvey wrote
The idea of a Mountain Creek vs Mad River Glen thread has real potential, it could be another one of our finest moments here in the NY Ski Forums.