Mt Bohemia $99 season

23 messages Options
Mi Skier Mi Skier
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Mt Bohemia $99 season

I know it's not the northeast, but Mt Bohemia  has a $99 season pass that gives you free days at 8 northeast ski areas. It doesn't say if you would need to use your pass at Mt Bohemia in order to get the benefits of the other ski areas. For $99 if you ski at the places listed it would be a great deal.

http://www.mtbohemia.com/season-passes/
marznc marznc
Reply |

Re: Mt Bohemia $99 season

Are there 3 reciprocal days for people who buy a season pass from the places in the northeast?  Noticed Plattekill is on the list, along with Magic.
Mi Skier Mi Skier
Reply |

This is part of the Freedom Pass. I am not sure how it works from other resorts. Just seemed like a good deal and if you can get the pass by mail from Mt Bohemia that it would be a great deal for people who live in the Northeast
marznc marznc
Reply |

Mi Skier wrote
This is part of the Freedom Pass. I am not sure how it works from other resorts. Just seemed like a good deal and if you can get the pass by mail from Mt Bohemia that it would be a great deal for people who live in the Northeast
Ah, now I remember reading something in September about the Freedom Pass expanding.  Seems to be the original northeast Freedom Pass combined with AZ/NM Powder Pass plus a few others such as Bohemia, Plattekill, Cooper (CO), Eaglecrest (AK).

Same idea as the Powder Alliance and MAX Pass.
moguljunkie moguljunkie
Reply |

In reply to this post by Mi Skier
It looks like the pass is available for purchase and that it will work for Plattekill and Magic, among other East Coast mountains.

I've been thinking about buying one but am having second thoughts. I'm sure Platty and Magic did not anticipate that Mt. Bohemia would sell season passes for so little. They're going to take a financial hit on this, and I hate to do that to smaller mountains that don't have much of a profit margin (or in Magic's case, probably no profit margin this year).

Definitely an ethical quandary for me.
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

moguljunkie... you'd buy those tickets regardless?  Then it does hurt.  Be interesting to hear from Laz on this. I'm sure he'd appreciate your post above.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
moguljunkie moguljunkie
Reply |

I would be buying those tickets. I'm going to pass on the pass. These mountains need my business.
PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |

You can buy the pass guilt free if you buy breakfast & lunch and maybe an appetizer and beer on mountain.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
bumps bumps
Reply |

Why would Plattekill and Magic get involved with a season-pass deal that has such a potential downside?
Johnnyonthespot Johnnyonthespot
Reply |

I thought about this for 1 sec and just couldn't do it. After last year's winter, do the right thing and buck up.