classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
44 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Need ski help fast

BigK75
HI ScottyJack:

Yes that was us.  I was the skinnier Polish guy :)  Holy smokes that pretty funny.  Small world.  I met a lot of people there that weekend.  Were you with three other skiers, all really awesome?  I remember the group skiing upper Northway.  I thought these guys must locals and I wonder if that's you.

I also talked to another guy on our last day and we talked about how awesome Whiteface is.  I talked about how we have to go home and we will not be home until 2am, but its worth it to ski Whiteface for an extra couple of hours.  I remember the guy I talked to was younger and super nice.  Maybe that was you?  

Anyhow I will be there until Tuesday and you can sometimes find us drinking beer at the patio :)  My name is Claude and I am will be with the "bigger than average" polish guy.  Come say hello and have a beer with us.  

Claude  

Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
Yeah.  He's not on the web....  

I'll check w/ him directly.  It is a holiday weekend so chances are he's working da woods...  If Bubba's a no go check first w/Ben in the WF tune shop.  Next bet would be Cunnignham's ski shop in LP.  

I'm pretty sure we shared a gondi ride your last trip to WF in Jan.  You were w/ another bigger than average polish guy right???  You guys raided the Crowne Plaza New Year's Eve party, if I am correct.

I remember that gondi ride!  How the hell did you put that together Scotty Jack?  Wicked smart!  
Reply | Threaded
|

FrackieTV
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
I'm pretty sure we shared a gondi ride your last trip to WF in Jan.  You were w/ another bigger than average polish guy right???  You guys raided the Crowne Plaza New Year's Eve party, if I am correct.
Hey... I'm hurt.  I'm not bigger than an average polish guy.  It just that average polish guys come big .
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
In reply to this post by BigK75
BigK75 wrote
 I remember the group skiing upper Northway.  
Couldn't have been.  Northway only opened last weekend.  Could it have been Essex?

So funny - have no idea how he figured out those guys were you and your buddy- in fact I don't remember what you look like or even who was in the Gondi with me (but obviously Scotty Jack was).  I just remember some guys telling us they crashed a party at the Crowne Plaza.  And I would never even have remembered that  if SJ didn't bring it up.  That's weird.  SJ is weird.  
Reply | Threaded
|

BigK75
Noah John wrote
BigK75 wrote
 I remember the group skiing upper Northway.  
Couldn't have been.  Northway only opened last weekend.  Could it have been Essex?
You are right....i meant upper thruway.

Claude
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by FrackieTV
FrackieTV wrote
ScottyJack wrote
I'm pretty sure we shared a gondi ride your last trip to WF in Jan.  You were w/ another bigger than average polish guy right???  You guys raided the Crowne Plaza New Year's Eve party, if I am correct.
Hey... I'm hurt.  I'm not bigger than an average polish guy.  It just that average polish guys come big .
Don't be hurt.  Bigger than average was said in the solid sense!!  As in american football, As in I would be the halfback following my fullback after he leveled the middle linebacker!!

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
In reply to this post by Skidds
Skidds wrote
Will be at Whiteface this weekend myself.  Family ski day Sat.  I get first tracks and a couple hours by myself Sunday, then a full on daddy ski day Monday while the kiddos are in ski school.  Anyone gonna be there that wants to take a few runs, give me a shout.
I'll be there all weekend ... I'll keep my eyes open for you.
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
BigK75 wrote
Anyhow I will be there until Tuesday and you can sometimes find us drinking beer at the patio :)  My name is Claude and I am will be with the "bigger than average" polish guy.  Come say hello and have a beer with us.  

Claude
Will def look you guys up.  We like to have a couple beers in the Cloudspin Lounge after skiing so we'll look for you guys on Sat.

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
In reply to this post by Noah John
Noah John wrote
 But thanks for stopping by!
Stopping by? this is my house.

Reply | Threaded
|

Skidds
In reply to this post by Face4Me
Face4Me wrote
Skidds wrote
Will be at Whiteface this weekend myself.  Family ski day Sat.  I get first tracks and a couple hours by myself Sunday, then a full on daddy ski day Monday while the kiddos are in ski school.  Anyone gonna be there that wants to take a few runs, give me a shout.
I'll be there all weekend ... I'll keep my eyes open for you.
Ditto.  I've gone blue/grey jacket, black ski pants.  Old green Lange's (can't give up my Banshees!) and a pair of Hot Rod Nitrous.  Let me know what to keep my eyes open for.

Any thoughts on Lookout Below?  Closed the last couple days, hoping they are just saving it for the weekend.

As bad as Chevy weekend was, you had to like hitting Wilmington for opening, no?  And Skyward was great all weekend, especially lower with the snowmaking.
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
Skidds wrote
Ditto.  I've gone blue/grey jacket, black ski pants.  Old green Lange's (can't give up my Banshees!) and a pair of Hot Rod Nitrous.  Let me know what to keep my eyes open for.
Same as last year.
Skidds wrote
Any thoughts on Lookout Below?  Closed the last couple days, hoping they are just saving it for the weekend.
No clue.
Skidds wrote
As bad as Chevy weekend was, you had to like hitting Wilmington for opening, no?  And Skyward was great all weekend, especially lower with the snowmaking.
Unfortunately, I left right before they opened Wilmington ... had to get home for the Giants game. Lower Sky was great, especially on Saturday, but getting there from Upper Sky was pretty rough!
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
In reply to this post by tBatt
fujative wrote
Stopping by? this is my house.
Then go to your room!  
Reply | Threaded
|

BigK75
I will be wearing a mainly black Spyder jacket with some white and grey and black pants.  My wife will be more easy to spot as she has black pants, with a white spyder jacket with red accents.  I am on Atomic Crimson Ti with the edge blown out :) and my wife is Atomic Seventh Heaven (white and Black).  Hope to see you guys on the hill.  

PS I have been known to drink beer on the mid-mountain patio. :)  

Claude  
Reply | Threaded
|

Skidds
In reply to this post by Face4Me
Face4Me wrote
 Same as last year.

Unfortunately, I left right before they opened Wilmington ... had to get home for the Giants game. Lower Sky was great, especially on Saturday, but getting there from Upper Sky was pretty rough!
You give my memory too much credit!  Don't make me look it up!!

Upper Sky has been much worse than it was that weekend, and the edges are always nice!
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Are they the guys I asked where they were boozing.  They laughed and said they dont go boozing they just booze.   I think it is.  You are referring to essex I think
Reply | Threaded
|

BigK75
If that was on Jan 02 around 3:30pm then yes it was :)

I remember skiing on Essex and there was a guy in brown I think (although my memory is a bit fuzzy).  He was an excellent skier and skied down the right hand side of Essex?  Was that you?  That was our last run of the day I believe.  

Claude  
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by tjf1967
tjf1967 wrote
Are they the guys I asked where they were boozing.  They laughed and said they dont go boozing they just booze.   I think it is.  You are referring to essex I think
That was these guys.  And it was Essex.  They went right onto lower northway and we went left for the regular route.  BigK launched off the turn pile on the bottom of Essex!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

BigK75
Yes
ScottyJack wrote
tjf1967 wrote
That was these guys.  And it was Essex.  They went right onto lower northway and we went left for the regular route.  BigK launched off the turn pile on the bottom of Essex!
Yes that's exactly right....hat was our last run of the day before the long trek back to Kitchener/Waterloo.  Oh man....that's funny....what a small world we live in :)

See you guys on the slopes tomorrow.  Can't wait to have a beer with you guys.  I am leaving work at 4:30pm today and the four of us are heading up tonight.  Will be on the slope's tomorrow at 9am as the bigger than average guys wife has a lesson tomorrow morning.  

We laughed and laughed about the bigger than average comment.  Because its so true :)

Claude
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
BigK75 wrote

PS I have been known to drink beer on the mid-mountain patio. :)  

Claude
Keep an eye out for TJ.....he likes it there too
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Need ski help fast - base edge separation

Danzilla
Bumping up a dead thread (that had lots of drift).  Just went to sharpen my 11-12 Atomic Crimson Ti's and have the same issue.  It looks like the base/edge is separating from the sidewall about 18 inches long right under the binding.  Its wide enough to get the tip of a regular screw driver in there.  The edge is still flush with the base.