Re: New Reality

witch hobble

It did.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Johnnyonthespot
Thank god. For a second there, I thought I was going to have to admit climate change is a real issue. Whew!
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
Good to see johnnyonthetrollspot still active. Seems to be staying away from the tRump threads though.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Bro, do you even MAGA?
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
He's selling a different hat these days. Try to keep up.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
This post was updated on .
I laughed, but maybe you should take your own advice. It's Melania's foootwear you're supposed to be offended by this week. Stay triggered my friends.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
CoachJohnnytRumpSpot,

Which type of air holds more water vapor - warm or cold?

You can google it if you forgot 5th grade science.  I didnt forget because 1. Im a skier and 2. Mrs Murphy was really hot!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
There are dozens of out of control wild fires igniting out in the western United States (one is moving into the boundaries of Crystal Mountain ski resort)  and a historical hurricane is headed towards Florida a week after Texas saw another historic hurricane. Nothing to see here. Same as it ever was.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
That huge high pressure causing the fires is what prevented Harvey from moving.  That storm has just as much water in it as other hurricanes but it just couldn't move so it all fell in one place while it was still partially over the gulf pulling in more moisture.  Shit happens it's called weather. As it has forever. We had almost no summer in the Daks is that due to global warming too some how.  You simply can't look at one season in one place or even 20 years and attibutte it to some political phenomenon.  Ask your buddy Al Gore or all those Hollywood type liberals  to stop flying thier jets around if they really believed this stuff they preach to us little people about. Ask your so called scientists to stop cooking the books to alter data to prove thier "solved" science when the data does not support it.

Should we reduce pollution - absolutely
Should we conserve resources- absolutely
Should we strive to use technology to find new ways to create energy or use less - absolutely
Should we kill our economy putting millions out of work while allowing China and India to pollute as much as they want with a vague and non commital promise that some day in 20 to 30 years they will stop polluting - absolutely not.  I've been to both China and India - the filthyness of both places is where we need to start to clean up and fix this if indeed carbon is the issue.  Any solution that lets them pass the buck for 20+ years is no solution at all.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Z wrote
That huge high pressure causing the fires is what prevented Harvey from moving.  That storm has just as much water in it as other hurricanes but it just couldn't move so it all fell in one place while it was still partially over the gulf pulling in more moisture.  Shit happens it's called weather. As it has forever. We had almost no summer in the Daks is that due to global warming too some how.  You simply can't look at one season in one place or even 20 years and attibutte it to some political phenomenon.  Ask your buddy Al Gore or all those Hollywood type liberals  to stop flying thier jets around if they really believed this stuff they preach to us little people about. Ask your so called scientists to stop cooking the books to alter data to prove thier "solved" science when the data does not support it.

Should we reduce pollution - absolutely
Should we conserve resources- absolutely
Should we strive to use technology to find new ways to create energy or use less - absolutely
Should we kill our economy putting millions out of work while allowing China and India to pollute as much as they want with a vague and non commital promise that some day in 20 to 30 years they will stop polluting - absolutely not.  I've been to both China and India - the filthyness of both places is where we need to start to clean up and fix this if indeed carbon is the issue.  Any solution that lets them pass the buck for 20+ years is no solution at all.
This post is as shortsighted as Trump's fingers are stubby.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This thread naturally straddles the line. Let's keep it in the woodstove.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by Marcski
Ok Marc tell me how you go about fixing the problem?  But understand that any solution that allows China and India to pollute as much as they want for another 30 years is really just something that makes you feel better and does nothing except cost developed economies jobs so we can buy cheap crap from Walmart.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
This thread naturally straddles the line. Let's keep it in the woodstove.
I think you need to move this, Harv.

These guys have no self control
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
In reply to this post by Z
Coach really hitting all the classics in that screed.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
witch hobble wrote
Coach really hitting all the classics in that screed.
Yep. I think that his preferred political slant has a lot of appeal because the "facts" are easy to remember and regurgitate, and  if he ever forgets, they're repeated every day on his preferred news sources.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
and Matt's talking point per the MSNBC playbook is to throw you hand up in the air and call me crazy while totally ignoring my valid points

please tell me how you fix this?
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Well let's get crazy then!

Regular weather? Extremes driven by a changing climate? Or human modified beasts? http://allnewspipeline.com/Hurricane_Harvey_Weather_Modification_Evidence.php 

It sounds like a reach to me but the HAARP projects are pretty darn fascinating.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by Z
Z wrote
and Matt's talking point per the MSNBC playbook is to throw you hand up in the air and call me crazy while totally ignoring my valid points please tell me how you fix this?
Stop buying that cheap shit from Walmart? Honestly I don't think there are any solutions. Matt loves to come up with and talk about how we could fix everything but history says different, it's like we are programmed for tragedy with an MO no different than aggressive cancer.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Over consuming greedy people = aggresive cancer is the perfect analogy..

My decison to miss out on raising children keeps looking better as this world keeps going to hell!    
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
raisingarizona wrote
Z wrote
and Matt's talking point per the MSNBC playbook is to throw you hand up in the air and call me crazy while totally ignoring my valid points please tell me how you fix this?
Stop buying that cheap shit from Walmart? Honestly I don't think there are any solutions. Matt loves to come up with and talk about how we could fix everything but history says different, it's like we are programmed for tragedy with an MO no different than aggressive cancer.
Yeah, I think we need a government led transition from coal/oil/natural gas to renewable energy sources, including a replacement of the internal combustion engine with electric engines. We need to increase subsidies for renewables and cut subsidies for dirty energy. Every country needs to do this, but the U.S. and Canada are some of the worst offenders, per capita.

We need a $1/gallon gasoline tax to fund the transition to electric vehicles and infrastructure improvements. We need better public transportation in our cities, and better, more efficient commercial transportation between cities.

We need money to retrofit houses and commercial buildings with energy efficient insulation. We need better battery and energy storage technology. We need the government to spend money on this instead of spending money on stupid wars and billionaire tax cuts.
123456 ... 9