classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
401 messages Options
1 ... 567891011 ... 21
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Objectivity

campgottagopee
So now your afraid of statues and questions???

MC2 5678F589 wrote

Like, either have the balls to say the thing you're saying or don't. But don't try an half ass your way into saying something by using memes or questions. Say what you want to say. (Talking to you, camp)
LMAO!!!

you have just proven my point!!!! bwhahahahahahaha

People who are as polarized as you are are part of the problem. Someone will say something but then all you do is tell them they are wrong or want to debate something rather than have a conversation. You don't dare let your guard down to have a conversation because you would actually have to listen instead of pointing your finger.

I'll try this one more time for you and I'll even type slowly.

If any town votes to have a statue/monument torn down to honor freedom then  it is no business of mine to disagree with them. My personal belief is they should stay because like it or not it's part of our history. When someone decides to start disrupting cemetery's, grave sites, places that aren't public then I'm of the opinion it's completely wrong and the movement has gone too far.  These soldiers lived lives as well and deserve to be left alone in their final resting spot.

So now, after clearly stating again, and again, and again,  how I feel about this issue do you, MC, feel this movement has gone too far.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Lots of those gravesites were "disrupted" to begin with when the Daughters of the Confederacy came through after the fact to put these stupid monuments up. Learn some history:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Daughters_of_the_Confederacy

Seeing as these people are fucking dead (people who just died are dead, people who died 150 years ago are fucking dead), I don't think they mind taking off some racist shit 8 feet above their rotting bodies, particularly since they weren't originally there in the first place.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
People who are as polarized as you are are part of the problem. Someone will say something but then all you do is tell them they are wrong or want to debate something rather than have a conversation. You don't dare let your guard down to have a conversation because you would actually have to listen instead of pointing your finger.
I'm fine with having conversations. But I don't really care for people that dance around and try not to say the things that they mean to say. You seem to do that a lot with questions of race. I find that... Interesting. Trump just called Colin Kaepernick a "son of a bitch". You cool with that?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
you just can't do it

amazing
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In case I've not said what I mean - tRump is one of, if not the biggest scumbags on the planet.  And if you are with him - I am against you!!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Just "having a conversation" here.

Here's a hypothetical: Let's say we die and 75 years later,  the country is divided into those that support Kaepernick and those that don't. People of the future dig up this forum and they find your anti Kaepernick remarks on these threads and identify you as an original fighter for the cause. They put a monument on your gravestone with a bunch of racist shit ("campgottagopee said he would knock a black guy to the ground rather than listen to his message" "original Kaepernick hater" "fuck black rights"). Then, 75 years later, when race relations are better, some people come by and take off that part they added.

Would you say that the second group was in the wrong, but not the first? Why?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
MC2 5678F589 wrote
campgottagopee wrote
I'm fine with having conversations. But I don't really care for people that dance around and try not to say the things that they mean to say. You seem to do that a lot with questions of race. I find that... Interesting. Trump just called Colin Kaepernick a "son of a bitch". You cool with that?
That's where you are completely and vehemently wrong. It is YOU who brings up race. YOU! Can you understand that?? I bring up and talk about actions, not the color of one's skin. I still think Kapernick is a total asshat for kneeling during the National Anthem. Not because he's black, again, not because he's black, but because it is my opinion that is disrespectful to those who have lost their lives protecting this great country we live in. And yet somehow you want to call me a racist. So far from the truth. I personally feel that BLM has done more harm than good and somehow that makes me a racist?? Again, I think Kapernick could've chosen a better avenue for what he believes in but he's certainly entitled to do whatever it is he wants to.  As for Kapernick the player?? I like him. I truly liked the ESPN 30 for 30 they did on him. It was watching that where I learned he was adopted and how much his adopted parents mean to him. I also learned that the reason he kisses his biceps after a touchdown is because of something written about his adopted mother is tattooed on them. I think he's a good guy, so no I don't think our President should be calling him a SOB.

Maybe it is you MC that should stop looking at the color of ones skin and start looking at actions. I say that because I'm very comfortable with whatever color skin people have. I've been in my line of work since 1990. In what I do if I judged people by the way they look, the clothes they wear, how they smell, the kind of cars they drove, the color of their skin, their religion, I wouldn't have made it 8 months. Pump the brake bro.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
MC2 5678F589 wrote
Just "having a conversation" here.

Here's a hypothetical: Let's say we die and 75 years later,  the country is divided into those that support Kaepernick and those that don't. People of the future dig up this forum and they find your anti Kaepernick remarks on these threads and identify you as an original fighter for the cause. They put a monument on your gravestone with a bunch of racist shit ("campgottagopee said he would knock a black guy to the ground rather than listen to his message" "original Kaepernick hater" "fuck black rights"). Then, 75 years later, when race relations are better, some people come by and take off that part they added.

Would you say that the second group was in the wrong, but not the first? Why?
You are so clueless

I'm against ANYONE who kneels, sits or otherwise disrespects our National Anthem where we honor those soldiers who gave their lives for the freedoms we have.

Now answer any one of my questions to you. You can't do it. You are part of the problem.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Dotard!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
LMFAO!!!

Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
Free Peetex!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
witch hobble wrote
Free Peetex!!!
I see your Free Peetex and raise you free GSS!
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
Dotard!
So that I’m not missing the meaning of MC and SJ here, let me clarify......you don’t think Kap is a son of a bitch?  

I thought Camps post was pretty clear, and I agree as to why I think Kap’s a son of a bitch.  It isn’t because of who or what he is, nothing to do with him being a person of color or standing up for anyone’s rights, not even about exercising his right to protest.  It’s all about how he, and others that are doing it, choose to protest.....by disrespecting the national anthem, the flag, and those who fought and died.....from the first American war to the most recent....to bring this nation to life and to protect the freedoms we hold dear....even when there are protestable warts within that structure of freedoms.

You don’t want to respect the flag, the anthem, and what those particular things represent (I’m floored you guys don’t find that piece of shit son of a bitch worthy) than get the fuck out.  Go to Canada, Russia, Timbuktu or wherever the fuck it is you want to go to not be an American!

Off the soapbox.....Kap should have chosen a different opportunity for protest.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
Just some observations I have: (my personal feelings are withheld)

Whether you agree with the means of his message or not, he's got you guys talking pages about it.  Do you think if he just took out a page in a newspaper and wrote something in an editorial fashion, it would have had the same effect or staying power.  

Our country was built on the ability to freely and peacefully protest. That is a fact.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Kap wanted to use his spotlight to take a knee and protest at an NFL game he should have done just that.....on his first offensive snap of the game.  That would have gotten wall to wall coverage and gotten his protest registered without disrespecting things he has no business disrespecting.  There you go.

Really, that fucker wants (wanted....past tense, I’m glad nobody will sign the son of a bitch ) to make tens of millions of dollars playing a fucking game because this Country and the people in it, mostly hard working Americans who pay his fucking salary, make it possible.....then he disrespects the Country and those hard working Americans.  Sorry, no.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
MC2 5678F589 wrote

Like, either have the balls to say the thing you're saying or don't. But don't try an half ass your way into saying something by using memes or questions. Say what you want to say. (Talking to you, camp)
memes, questions, and re-tweets

scared to have a conversation

you are part of the problem
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
The flag is supposed to represent all of us, not just those that have served.  He is peacefully using his position to point out a well known flaw in our country’s stated position that “all men are created equal”.  Simple as that. The vitriol and spite that it has inspired is far more telling than his action, imho.  But.....you know......football has always been training for an outdated model of warfare.  So it’s easy to hide behind the idea that it is the military that is being disrespected here.

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Correct, it does represent all of us. And by kneeling during the National Anthem you are peacefully disrespecting those men and women who have given their lives so that WE ALL enjoy the freedoms we have.

Who's hiding?? People, including myself, are saying it right out loud. Because you're  of a different opinion you claim that I'm hiding??  Nope. I respect your opinion. It simply differs than mine.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by witch hobble
Yeah, the Flag represents a lot of things.  The patriotic anthem has some lyrics you may want to take a look at, though.  Regardless, I think I’ve clearly stated that I feel Kap disrespected the Country, the flag, hard working Americans......in addition to those who served and died to protect the very things the Flag represents.
1 ... 567891011 ... 21