classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
401 messages Options
1 ... 1415161718192021
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Objectivity

JTG4eva!
Me thinks MC should stick to things he is better at pretending he knows something about, instead of sports! šŸ˜œ

You know what?  Mark Sanchez ā€œledā€ the Jets to the AFC Championship game, TWO YEARS IN A ROW!  As if....

If you look at the 9ers run up to the Super Bowl in the 2012 season, other than adding his unconventional ability to run (not the usual QB greatness measure).....Kap did very little of note, other than manage games and not screw things up.  Only once in that run up did he put the team on his back, against Green Bay, but that, again, was with his legs and not his traditional quarterbacking skills.

The 9ers success under Kap was the product of a great running game, which he did contribute to, and really good defense.

Once teams learned to gameplan for Kap and contain him he became much less effective/successful.  Once the run game and defense faltered a bit and Kap was forced to put the team on his back and read defenses, and win the game with his arm.......well, you understand why he is now unemployed (which has very little to do with kneeling).

Not that Smith is anything great.  A better dinking, dunking game manager than Kap was.  Sometimes thatā€™s all it takes.  He did play lights out against the Pats in week 1, though!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
JTG4eva! wrote
.  Only once in that run up did he put the team on his back, against Green Bay, but that, again, was with his legs and not his traditional quarterbacking skills.
So, you're saying he made great plays against a solid team to bring his team to the Super Bowl? Just like I said?

Once teams learned to gameplan for Kap and contain him he became much less effective/successful.
No shit. That's why NFL stands for "Not For Long". Teams always find a way to adjust.

Still think Kap is better than Josh McCown or Blake Bortles or Cutler or Case Keenum
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
If by ā€œlike you saidā€ you meant he had one game in the course of an entire season/post season run where me might have been the difference in the game.......thereby ā€œleading the 49ers to the Super Bowlā€ then yeah......sure, just like you ā€œsaidā€.  (insert roll eyes emoji)

Nice try.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
He would have taken them he got hurt. They put kap in who did great under Smith's offense.  When it was his own nothing happened. Smith is now making kc successful. Went there with a new coach (pretty good one) and with a few good breaks they are super bowl winners
I forget what your point was kap of better than Smith?
As a matter of fact not only did kap mess up his up career and screwed his coaches to.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
If given the choice, Id hang with Kap over tRump everfuckingtime
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Hmm close call could we hang out with both of them together? That would be entertaining.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by tjf1967
tjf1967 wrote
He would have taken them he got hurt. They put kap in who did great under Smith's offense.  When it was his own nothing happened. Smith is now making kc successful. Went there with a new coach (pretty good one) and with a few good breaks they are super bowl winners
I forget what your point was kap of better than Smith?
As a matter of fact not only did kap mess up his up career and screwed his coaches to.
Smith is not making KC successful. Kareem Hunt and Andy Reid are making KC successful.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
MC, buddy......stop.  Just stop.  Gawd please, make it STOP!

Just so I have this straight.  When Kap in 2012/2013 used his legs whilst game managing the 9ers behind a strong running game and good defense he was....the quarterback who led the 9ers to the Super Bowl, the guy to whom you credited the 9ers success in those years!!

On the other hand, in 2015/2016/2017, when Alex Smith uses his attributes, including running for 500 yards in 2015, and accounts for 50% of the teams TDs through BOTH his arm AND his legs, game managing the Chiefs behind a strong running game (that DIDNā€™T include Hunt until this year) and good defense he is........a schlep to whom you give no credit for the Chiefā€™s success the last few years?????

Which is it?  Does a game managing QB, who makes a few plays, get any credit for a teamā€™s success or not??

Or do they just get credit (or not) when it suits some point you want to make........šŸ¤”šŸ˜œšŸ’©

Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Alex Smith sucks and chokes in big games.

Until he proves me wrong and makes it to the Super Bowl, he's just a mediocre QB in the range of Vinny Testeverde
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
, game managing the Chiefs behind a strong running game (that DIDNā€™T include Hunt until this year)
Yeah, Jamal Charles is a real shitty RB.šŸ¤”

C'mon, bud. Stop trying to Make Alex Smith into something he isn't. Good QBs make plays to help their teams win. You're talking up Alex Smith as a "game manager" as if that's a great quality. Look at the QBs who won championships. The only mediocre ones in the last 20 years have been on Ravens teams with Dominating defenses. The Chiefs, try as they might, don't have that team. Therefore, they will never win with a QB as mediocre as Alex Smith.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Guess we will have to wait and see, I believe we would have seen it already if SF did not blunder.  Oh and I think people said the same thing about Joe Flacco.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
What about Russell Wilson?  He was considered mediocre.  
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
tjf1967 wrote
What about Russell Wilson?  He was considered mediocre.
Did you see him play last night?

Guy is a stud when he's healthy. Sucks that he was hurt most of last year.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
MC...MC, MC....what makes you think I give a whit about Alex Smith???  I donā€™t think he is a great QB, not at all.  I donā€™t assign ā€˜game managerā€™ as the hallmark of a great QB.  I do think Smith is a hell of a lot better QB than Kap, whom.....you love because he ā€œledā€ the 9ers to the Super Bowl???

Just stop making unintelligible sports arguments for argumentā€™s sake and we can move on! šŸ˜œ
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
JTG4eva! wrote
Just stop making unintelligible sports arguments for argumentā€™s sake and we can move on!
Not sure if you've noticed, but arguing with people who are wrong on here is kinda my thing.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
MC2 5678F589 wrote
JTG4eva! wrote
Just stop making unintelligible sports arguments for argumentā€™s sake and we can move on!
Not sure if you've noticed, but arguing with people who are wrong on here is kinda my thing.
You know the saying about winning an argument with an asshole. Wear that crown Matt. I know winning isn't your thing, but be proud of yourself. You deserve it.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
We need to get rid of tRump and Lt. Gen. Jay Silveria in charge.

MC, what are your thoughts on the General's message here.
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
campgottagopee wrote
what are your thoughts on the General's message here.
Strong, unequivocal, inspiring, inclusive.

http://www.af.mil/About-Us/Biographies/Display/Article/108604/major-general-jay-b-silveria/

Pretty darn impressive individual.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Deep breaths, my friend....deep breaths.  Really, Iā€™m trying to help you here, because it seems you canā€™t help yourself!

Countering someoneā€™s incorrect argument (Smith is a great QB) with an appallingly more incorrect argument (Kap is a better quarterback)......just because you need something to argue?  No.  You really donā€™t want to do that to yourself.  Displaying such wanton desperation to argue anything, no matter how unintelligible, detracts from the veracity of your arguments that may be more valid.  Follow Campā€™s lead and get back on topic, and leave the sports stuff alone!
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
And who said Smith was a great QB, if you were inferring that I am you will have to reread my posts.  He is better than Kap and I do believe he can lead a team to a Super Bowl ring if he can get it done soon.  He got the rug pulled out from under him and is now making strides with another team.   Manning was not a great QB in his last superbowl victory.   I don't think his brother is a great QB and he has two rings.  You need to be a leader and manage the game.  Being able to shoot the ball 60 yards on a rope and run a 4.3  40 are certainly helpful but a brain on your shoulders works better in that position.
1 ... 1415161718192021